Thomas

Advertisement
If he's not this staff needs to be replaced

jackass-fireworks.gif

Think this kid would be an absolute lockdown CB, but he is just too good on offense not to play him there

Advertisement
Richt better send Jake Flaherty to live at his house for the next 4 months to make sure he qualifies.

In a lot of these highlights he's so **** fast and shifty that he's waiting on the ball to get there and has to slow down. We went from crying over Jeudy to landing one of the best, pretty amazing finish at WR.

Harley and Thomas are going to be huge help for AR too. That speed will help keep those safeties running all over the place to assist the CB's and there will be coverage breakdowns.

More dorsett than hester
Dorset has never had the wiggle like jeff Thomas. Thomas can catch, has elite speed, route running, quickness as well as catching ability

Darkhipster should be perma-banned for trolling and posting bullshyt.

Kid is NOTHING like Dorset, except maybe speed. Dorset has straight line speed, but little to no wiggle.

Thomas is exceptional at keeping his top end speed while breaking ankles and making defenders look like fools.

Reminds me of Kevin Williams from early 90's.

I don't see Hester at all. Hester, IMO, was faster in a straight line and was more of a one-cut-and-go guy. Sure, he could make people miss (partially attributable to extraordinary vision), and could go from 0 to 60 as well as anyone, but JT seems quicker laterally and shiftier.

Also, JT looks quicker than Santana did coming out of high school. I remember Santana being bigger/stronger/stockier than JT - a guy that would go over the middle and make a play - although that may just be my mind playing tricks on me.

If I had to compare him to someone, I would say DeSean Jackson. Quick, smaller frame, shifty, can play outside and in the slot.

At the end of the day, if JT produces like any of the names mentioned in this thread, we all win.

I'm really hoping to see him on the field this year, although I doubt he will see a meaningful snap as a true frosh KR/PR. He should have every chance to see the field as a WR, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

desean jackson is/was faster than hester, a lot of guys were. the bears had a guy named johnny knox on the roster that was faster than hester I watched them play and run routes live in training camp, the thing that sets hester apart and made him special is his ability to maintain top speed while making cuts. this kid appears to have top speed and cutting ability

i hope to not take too much heat here..because i too hate the gators. i mean really really hate them..and i hated the guy i am about to compare thomas too...but truth is, he looks like percy harvin to me. (ducks)

Advertisement
The comparisons to Dorsett are laughable. This is no knock on PD but Thomas has so much more than just straight line speed. It's rare to have that combination of speed and change of direction ability. JT will score early and often.

i hope to not take too much heat here..because i too hate the gators. i mean really really hate them..and i hated the guy i am about to compare thomas too...but truth is, he looks like percy harvin to me. (ducks)

That's a fair comparison. Let's hope he's like Harvin... without the migraines.

Thomas is much more of a talent than Dorsett. Hester was more of an athlete, where as Thomas is a true WR. He could definitely play CB, but you want the ball in this guy's hands.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't start at WR right off the bat, but even if he doesn't he'll have an impact from Day 1.

His build, style, speed, talent, production - all point to DeSean Jackson for me.

Advertisement
Hester, Dorsett really? I see a Dale Dawkins 2.0 here with Thomas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

....and you know the kid is tough coming out of East St. Louis.

It's like living in Afganistan.

Advertisement
Hester not only had speed, he had some of the best field instinct and awarness that I have ever seen in the game. If Jeff Thomas can be half as good as Hester, then I will gladly take it. Hester's coming out kick off return against Florida in the Orange Bowl was one of the most amazing moments I've ever seen live in college football. I am excited about Jeff Thomas but let's let the kid develop the way he needs to in order to be a difference maker.

closest thing to hester here since hester

Yessir...but he catches better than Hester and he's faster. If he can return 75% as well as Devin we are winning the coastal. Thomas is the fastest, most electric player in the nation for 17. The class is a B with him and would've been a C without him. That's how important he is.

Faster than Hester? I mean, the kid has elite speed, but he's THAT fast?

closest thing to hester here since hester

Yessir...but he catches better than Hester and he's faster. If he can return 75% as well as Devin we are winning the coastal. Thomas is the fastest, most electric player in the nation for 17. The class is a B with him and would've been a C without him. That's how important he is.

Faster than Hester? I mean, the kid has elite speed, but he's THAT fast?

Lolol... Yeah that's a huge endorsement. If he is on the same level as roscoe or Travis with speed then we will be aight... But Hester speed? I'd love to see that

Hester had the ability to run at full speed through a pack of monster D1/NFL kick cover team mad men with absolutely no fear. Very very few return men approach the return game with that kind of consistent reckless abandon. That's the thing that set him apart as a return man even more than his speed/cuts, which were also elite (obviously).

Advertisement
Back