Thomas

closest thing to hester here since hester

Yessir...but he catches better than Hester and he's faster. If he can return 75% as well as Devin we are winning the coastal. Thomas is the fastest, most electric player in the nation for 17. The class is a B with him and would've been a C without him. That's how important he is.

Faster than Hester? I mean, the kid has elite speed, but he's THAT fast?

Hester wasn't as much elite speed as elite acceleration and change of direction.

Advertisement
He doesn't have the speed like Hester but his agility is on his level. I think he'll be like Curtis Samuel at OSU except way more jet sweeps and wr screens

He ran a 4.38 40 at the opening lasered time and won the fast man challenge at the opening... the sport writers declared he might have been the fastest receiver in the country
Maybe I'm just too much of a Hester guy but hey id love to be wrong

Thomas going to out points on the board

Hes a great route runner too

Now way you can be offended by a poster saying hes more like dorsett tho.

If hes dorsett at wideout and anywhere close to hester on special teams with ahmmon richards our offense going to be explosive

But we are

Advertisement
Advertisement
More dorsett than hester
Dorset has never had the wiggle like jeff Thomas. Thomas can catch, has elite speed, route running, quickness as well as catching ability

Darkhipster should be perma-banned for trolling and posting bullshyt.

Kid is NOTHING like Dorset, except maybe speed. Dorset has straight line speed, but little to no wiggle.

Thomas is exceptional at keeping his top end speed while breaking ankles and making defenders look like fools.

Advertisement
Harley is more like dorsett... Thomas is santana moss 2.0 ... hard to compare to Hester because he is much more elite at WR

closest thing to hester here since hester

Yessir...but he catches better than Hester and he's faster. If he can return 75% as well as Devin we are winning the coastal. Thomas is the fastest, most electric player in the nation for 17. The class is a B with him and would've been a C without him. That's how important he is.

Faster than Hester? I mean, the kid has elite speed, but he's THAT fast?

Hester was fast but he was more change of direction and instant acceleration off the change than straight line fast.

His route running is a lot like Santana's, but his return game looks identical to Hester's. He'll slow walk a guy right out of his cutback lane and boom he's gone.

We always joke when people say things like, "he's a combination of Sean Taylor and ed Reed." But in this kids case it's actually true. Hester/Santana/Kevin Williams clone.

Advertisement
Please lord baby Jesus let this kid qualify.

[video=youtube;76WMx_wh0VA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76WMx_wh0VA[/video]

[video=youtube;MIpY-kcmomo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIpY-kcmomo[/video]

[video=youtube;w5WgHzBXqaA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5WgHzBXqaA[/video]

Top video at 2:01...cot ****!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see Hester at all. Hester, IMO, was faster in a straight line and was more of a one-cut-and-go guy. Sure, he could make people miss (partially attributable to extraordinary vision), and could go from 0 to 60 as well as anyone, but JT seems quicker laterally and shiftier.

Also, JT looks quicker than Santana did coming out of high school. I remember Santana being bigger/stronger/stockier than JT - a guy that would go over the middle and make a play - although that may just be my mind playing tricks on me.

If I had to compare him to someone, I would say DeSean Jackson. Quick, smaller frame, shifty, can play outside and in the slot.

At the end of the day, if JT produces like any of the names mentioned in this thread, we all win.

I'm really hoping to see him on the field this year, although I doubt he will see a meaningful snap as a true frosh KR/PR. He should have every chance to see the field as a WR, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back