Thomas Holley on the big 3

Advertisement
As a New Yorker that went to Miami, this dude should probably check his sources...

Advertisement
As a New Yorker that went to Miami, this dude should probably check his sources...

Yeah, I'm the same thing except live here now. My guess is he means the city feel except the gables isn't like that.

No idea how people live in certain areas like North Florida, Bama or Baton Rouge makes you want to kill yourself but you can only do it once.

Last edited:
Alot of times these kids grow up in small areas WITHIN south florida. Everybody doesnt live in South Beach or Sunny Isles or Las Olas or Downtown Miami. Patrick Peterson was from Pompano. Ever been to Pompano? Its the countriest part of Broward alongside Davie and Deerfield Beach. (Which probably explains why Powell fell in love with TENN) **** they mide as well be living in Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge. These kids live in So Fla but they dont grow up in the city. Most of these kids didnt even know where Coral Gables was.

That fact gets lost with alot of our fans. These kids go to these small town colleges and feel at home. And there parents feel comforbable sending them there because 90% of them migrated from GA/ALA/MISS anyway. Miami is considered too city for most of them. That is why it doesnt surprise me when these kids go to Tally, Gville, Baton Rouge, etc and fall in love with it. They cant compare it to Miami Beach because they have never been there.. JMO.

Uh, pompano isn't near Davie. And pompano might not be the "city" of Miami, but, it's pretty urban. As is most of south Florida. It's not small town.

Alot of times these kids grow up in small areas WITHIN south florida. Everybody doesnt live in South Beach or Sunny Isles or Las Olas or Downtown Miami. Patrick Peterson was from Pompano. Ever been to Pompano? Its the countriest part of Broward alongside Davie and Deerfield Beach. (Which probably explains why Powell fell in love with TENN) **** they mide as well be living in Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge. These kids live in So Fla but they dont grow up in the city. Most of these kids didnt even know where Coral Gables was.

That fact gets lost with alot of our fans. These kids go to these small town colleges and feel at home. And there parents feel comforbable sending them there because 90% of them migrated from GA/ALA/MISS anyway. Miami is considered too city for most of them. That is why it doesnt surprise me when these kids go to Tally, Gville, Baton Rouge, etc and fall in love with it. They cant compare it to Miami Beach because they have never been there.. JMO.

pompano country? leave your car unlocked in pompano and you will see how country it is

Advertisement
Thanks for the insight but Pompano is no where near country or Davie, Fl .... Pompano is actully the closest you may get to a liberty city in broward county very urban and hood ... But its 3-5 mins from Margate, Coral Springs , Coconut Creek and other more well to do areas.... Either way the kid likes the U so lets see what happens

Lol. First off I never said Pompano was near Davie. I said Pompano was country like Davie. Reading comp, fellas. You do know what the word "alongside" means right? It has more then one definition. Smh.

Second, if you think Pompano isnt country then you must not live in Miami. Just because you can get robbed in a certain place doesnt mean its not country. What type of logic is that? Lol. You wanna compare city life as it pertains to Downtown miami or Sunny isles beach to Collier City or Deerfield? That **** is country. My sister teaches at Deerfield. I got cousins in Collier City. The word City is VERY misleading. Lol. But whatever. Its a moot point. Agree to disagree.

talks glowingly about the Big 3....signs with Notre Dame.

nothing to see here.

Advertisement
either way, pompano isn't country. i live in broward county. it's very urban. what's country about it? lots of horses? farms?
it's very urban.
even though davie is as country as u can get in south florida, that is more b/c they have kept a western flair to the town. but, you don't ever feel like you are in gainsville or tally.

Once you pass West palm beach, if you venture too far west anywhere of I-95 its country as ****. Coral Springs, Sunrise places like that are rural. Pompano is not country tho. I clean carpets in So Fl and i get around alot in Broward and Palm Beach County

Advertisement

Yeah, I'm the same thing except live here now. My guess is he means the city feel except the gables isn't like that.

No idea how people live in certain areas like North Florida, Bama or Baton Rouge makes you want to kill yourself but you can only do it once.

You can go fcku yourself.

Here in NW Florida, we have sand like sugar, low traffic, great fishing, and real trees.

You can go fcku yourself.

Here in NW Florida, we have sand like sugar, low traffic, great fishing, and real trees.

I've lived in both types of areas and each has its advantages. It depends on your personal preferences. Holley might like a big city, or he might want a change.

Advertisement
Back