Thomas Davis Commits!!!!

Advertisement
Move Hammett to DE & pair him with Ishmael as the 2 DE's for this class, then get Chase Smith as the 3rd LB.

Speaking of LB.. any clue if the staff is/isn't pushing for Branden Jennings? I know he's a FSU legacy & his brother came to play for Richt. So that's probably the end of that. But ****.. I would've loved to have seen them sweat it out over his signature.

i have to check. he might not have a commitable offer. Remember, we moved Blisset to DE too.

Advertisement
The whole thing is really bizarre. Kid decommits from Mississippi St. and his father came in hot on the boards pimping the kid to Miami. Outside of Shaq's dad (believe he was already committed or enrolled at Miami) and Matt/Scott Patchan's uncle (posted on CaneSport), I don't recall a family member, let alone a father, having that much visibility on a message board, especially when the kid isn't even committed.

Now he's doing the same on the FSU boards, and given Cribby's comments, my guess is that he never had the green light to commit. Don't get me wrong, he's a nice player and I'd be fine with the take, but given our depth at the position and the staff's ability to recruit edge guys, I'm fairly indifferent.

Advertisement
Move Hammett to DE & pair him with Ishmael as the 2 DE's for this class, then get Chase Smith as the 3rd LB.

u7j8p.jpg

If Georgia is serious about him at all he'll go there. They're big UGA fans. His pops was saying on Facebook when he first was getting big offers that offer would change everything. With south Florida loaded for DE next year take chase smith and call it a day

Advertisement
I really like the kid, but if it comes down to early playing time, he's better off going to FSU. More than likely we will be losing 2 DEs for sure next year, but we still have a two deep rotation unless Jaelan leaves early, which wouldn't be in his best interest.

Advertisement
I mean I’ve only been saying it sense the beginning of this whole cycle...
It does. It would also open up a LB spot for Terrence Lewis if they decide to pursue that. I think Hammett ends up at DE regardless.

Im cool with him gassing uo the kid, just dont make it sound like a cane lock then have him **** around. Im sure they are all super excited with all the attention lately though.

He might have been a Cane lock, and we might have backed off. Dad might be a little understandably heartbroken. Just saying there are a few different possible scenarios, some of which are no fault of the kid or his family.

Not even. It allows you to take JW and Chase. T2 needs to prove he can behave himself before he’s even a possibility.
Agreed. I’m just saying they would only pursue that if he cleared a number of off field hurdles. Either way, Hammett at DE is reasonable.

Advertisement
Back