Thomas Davis Commits!!!!

Advertisement
I remember definitely being wowed by some of the plays he made as a pass rusher with his hand in the dirt, does his height bother you as much as others here in CIS ?
No.

Thomas Davis - The more I watched him the more he grew on me. He's a very high-energy player between the whistle but also between plays where he loves to do "spontaneous acts of celebration" or whatever corny **** Diaz calls it. Like Taylor he has elite snap quickness/twitch for his position. What's most impressive about him is how strong and physical he is for his size. Just watch this:

He actually played 4i and 3-tech later in the 2020 season and held his own. He's stout at the point of attack and his explosion was even more difficult for HS Gs to handle. I don't worry about him dealing with blocks because he has such fluid, quick hands to disengage, and a forearm shiver he uses to clear his frame. He has major stopping power as a tackler, and explosive pursuit speed on display here:

I didn't like him as much playing off the ball at LB. He's not as sudden changing directions laterally and he's unnatural diagnosing runs and taking angles to the ball from depth. I don't care what his ht/wt dimensions are because he is the epitome of outlier. He's the perfect running mate for LT and I hope his recruitment (along with the DeAndre J addition and McCloud position change) signals a change in philosophy about undersized edge rushers. They belong on the ball not off as converts!

@puertorricane let's hear your analysis since you felt so strongly about hitting the disagree reaction. Actually I'll save you the trouble and post it for you: "I've never seen a single snap of this kid but I'm an ignorant troll and he's too short to play DL even though Dumervil and Freeney did it at a high level"

His burst is incredible, about as sudden as I've seen. Agree his lateral movement is not top P5 LB material. He's in the right position. I'm just worried about him getting blown off the line on run plays and Manny not supporting him from the second level.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd rather see him at 3-tech than MLB and I think he's the most talented edge rusher on the roster and needs to play ASAP.

How many times have we tried that lately and failed miserably?

JJ said make Safeties into LBers, LBers into DL. not the other way around

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back