Thomas Davis and Tyler Johnson [Just askin'?]

Advertisement
Advertisement
D Money what type of surgery did Kelley have. Is he even dressing or getting any light work this spring?

Johnson is out for spring. Davis is at DE and getting snaps with first-team due to depth issues. Both have the speed for LB, would like for them to get a look there. They are undersized at end.
Love hearing this. Get that man his reps!! I remember he was hurt quite a bit last year. From his highschool tape, i saw an impact player.

Johnson is out for spring. Davis is at DE and getting snaps with first-team due to depth issues. Both have the speed for LB, would like for them to get a look there. They are undersized at end.

He showed skill rushing the passer in high school.

Has he flashed at all in that area?

Advertisement
I’ve been following Miami Football at a near unhealthy level since about 2013 and I don’t think there is a player I’ve heard less about than Tyler Johnson. Silent recruitment, just nothing on him besides small tidbits from d money.

‘My name is BostonCanes47, and I’m a Canes fan...’

We probably all need some therapy bro.

Advertisement
Of course they are undersized at end especially Johnson. Was Tyler Johnson moved to DE before the spring? I really like Davis in terms of his toughness and motor. I hope he finds his niche. Tyler Johnson is a LB type all the way. Davis might be undersized on this level but at least he played DL all through high school and excelled at it. Tyler Johnson has no business being at DE IMO. I like Tyler because he has intriguing physical tools for his size and of course the bloodline. If Tyler has the same type of dog that Jaquan has in him then he can succeed eventually. For right now though Tyler Johnson is a project.

Advertisement
Is it already written in stone that Thomas Davis cannot play edge?

He's small, but he has some interesting leverage.

Small sample, but interesting:
1648718589097.png

1648718606827.png

I sure as **** would if Davis did. He’s not major P5 talent. Him and Flagg should be at a Houston, Georgia Tech type school.
Dude....WTF?! Go look at his film. What is major P5 talent to you? The only thing he's missing is height for his position. He's 6'2. But Production... check, Look at his stats... motor... check, violence.... check, speed..... double check. Kid ran in the mid 11's (100m) as a 220lb DE. He also played in one of the toughest high school regions in this country (GA-1AAAAAAA). Soooo WTF are you talking about? If this kid was 6' 4" and from So. Fla, you'd be tugging on your lil crank, at the prospect of him getting on the field and repping the U, this year or the next! He is a Freshman! Let these kids be in school for at least a couple of years before we condemn them to not being P5 talent. ****!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back