This year

Advertisement
Is our most talented team in a long time, if we don’t win some **** games there’s some issues

Our coaching is top notch too...
The 2016 team had more talent. When you look at that roster that should of been a two loss team at worst.

Advertisement
The 2016 team had more talent. When you look at that roster that should of been a two loss team at worst.
In retrospect, it was talented. We'll have to see in retrospect what this team is like.

On paper this team destroys the 2016 team at an overall blue chip level (50 vs 26).

1616962105722.png

Pretty good compare. However, on offense, I think King is a better fit at QB than Kaaya. On defense, we had 3 freshmen LBs including McCloud. That's even worse that Frierson + 2 unknowns. I would give the edge to 2021 there, as well.

No excuses for this 2021 team.

Alabama is a pretty good excuse. UNC has had our number the past two years, and Howell is in his money year. I'd settle for 10-2 with a bowl win. 9-3 or 10-2 with a bowl loss would be a disappointment. Worse would be on Manny.

Pretty good compare. However, on offense, I think King is a better fit at QB than Kaaya. On defense, we had 3 freshmen LBs including McCloud. That's even worse that Frierson + 2 unknowns. I would give the edge to 2021 there, as well.

Alabama is a pretty good excuse. UNC has had our number the past two years, and Howell is in his money year. I'd settle for 10-2 with a bowl win. 9-3 or 10-2 with a bowl loss would be a disappointment. Worse would be on Manny.

We have the experience to beat a more talented but green Alabama offense.

Advertisement

2016 Linebackers > 2021 Linebackers

Bowl game is not gonna be some sure thing with players sitting out for the draft.i doubt king would play a bowl game this year unless its playoffs

Advertisement
Is our most talented team in a long time, if we don’t win some **** games there’s some issues

Our coaching is top notch too...
At certain positions yes. LB is still a mess and the DL has questions. OL looks better on paper but that assumes guys like Clark, Scaife, and Campbell improve measurably. We've been burnt by those expectations before.

Bowl game is not gonna be some sure thing with players sitting out for the draft.i doubt king would play a bowl game this year unless its playoffs

King not playing in the bowl would change the calculus. I'm only looking at the talent I see likely to play today. Things could get better or worse by end of season. But I would guess a 10-2 or 9-3 Miami team plays a pretty good opponent who also has some of their top kids sitting out.

Advertisement
This season all depends on a healthy qb. If qb1 is healthy we're more than sliding he's not we're going to be playing qb's with no experience.

Advertisement
Back