This will probably never happen again

Advertisement
Oh nah…i gotchu bruh. Yeah when I told my Pops (retired Marine) about my degree he said the same thing…well more like “MF’er, Good luck cleaning shower curtains at planet fvking fitness you ****wad….Holy **** son..first u went full **** “zoomie” on me and now this”? (I’m former Air Force). “Where’s your ******* head at”? “I mean Ima love you regardless but come on gahdammit”. LOL.

I literally got saved due to a buddy i deployed with back in ‘19 already having an in at his old JUCO. If it wasn’t for that I woulda been SOL.
I’m Air Force now (11 years in May) thought about opening my own small gym or doing some sort of sports training business after I retire. Any advise? Where you getting your degree from?

Lab coats are not omnisicient.
They havent proven a **** thing. To say its ",circumstantial" is understandable. Disproven? NAH. NOT even.

A lot of " science" is theoretical and hypothetical and not ABSOLUTE TRUTH. Too many people take these random studies as gospel.

Just like this whole " invasive species" BS. Thats come out. These are the SAME people who thought that of the wolves in YellowStone and these idiots killed all the **** wolves and almost recreated(destroyed) the entire ecosystem. Only to realize the wolves were keeping the **** space thriving. 🤦🏿🤦🏿🤦🏿

No man has put in, nor has, the time to disprove " Alpha anything". Bunch of Malarkey.
My only regret is not being able to 💯 this post a million times.

Advertisement
Debunked in the 1970s.

Think of it this way -

Let's say you have a 5 year old son and he grabs the remote while you are watching the Canes and tries to put on Paw Patrol. Would you tell your 5 year old son that you acknowledge his challenge for alpha male dominance of the household, then pick him up and throw him through the nearest window?
CIS gonna CIS. Smh
Looking At You GIF by OKC Thunder

My only regret is not being able to 💯 this post a million times.

Bro. I get sick of it. Same as people always talking about finding the oldest something to validate history. " the oldest bones were found in Africa. People started there"

Man gtfoh. Youd have to dig up the entire Earth and drain all the oceans to find the oldest bones and even then you still cant say theyre the oldest because, like most things, theyve become dust again.

I love the concept of science. I just hate the arrogance and forcing of an absolute truth that science puts in the minds of people. That **** is conjecture at best

Advertisement
Lab coats are not omnisicient.
They havent proven a **** thing. To say its ",circumstantial" is understandable. Disproven? NAH. NOT even.

A lot of " science" is theoretical and hypothetical and not ABSOLUTE TRUTH. Too many people take these random studies as gospel.

Just like this whole " invasive species" BS. Thats come out. These are the SAME people who thought that of the wolves in YellowStone and these idiots killed all the **** wolves and almost recreated(destroyed) the entire ecosystem. Only to realize the wolves were keeping the **** space thriving. 🤦🏿🤦🏿🤦🏿

No man has put in, nor has, the time to disprove " Alpha anything". Bunch of Malarkey.
It doesn't exist. The guy who came up with it only looked at wolves in captivity. In one zoo. When wolves were observed in the wild the behavior wasn't replicated.

Bro. I get sick of it. Same as people always talking about finding the oldest something to validate history. " the oldest bones were found in Africa. People started there"

Man gtfoh. Youd have to dig up the entire Earth and drain all the oceans to find the oldest bones and even then you still cant say theyre the oldest because, like most things, theyve become dust again.

I love the concept of science. I just hate the arrogance and forcing of an absolute truth that science puts in the minds of people. That **** is conjecture at best
💯 the global warming crowd comes to mind immediately!!!

Scientific illiteracy on full display here. It's obvious you don't understand the scientific method and how it works. If you did, you would understand that it isn't arrogance, It's PROBABILITY. No one is saying that it's beyond impossible for life to have formed somewhere else, what scientists and other professionals are saying is BASED ON THE EVIDENCE WE HAVE ON HAND AND FROM WHAT IS KNOWN, it is extremely likely that our species first appeared in what is modern day Africa. A lot of science is based on probability, because it is rare, and I mean rare for any scientific concept to move beyond a theory, even though evidence points to it being the most logical conclusion. A classic example of this is the Germ Theory of disease. Is it possible that there's another reason to explain disease? Yes, but tens of thousands of studies have indicated that microorganisms exist, their replication in hosts are usually the primary cause of disease and by addressing those organisms, you stand the best chance of curing, or mitigating said diseases. So, when you say a scientific theory is just a theory, you are dismissing the amount of research, the amount of data points needed to get to that level.

Then again, we live in a society where nuance and logic are frowned upon, so there's that.

Scientific illiteracy on full display here. It's obvious you don't understand the scientific method and how it works. If you did, you would understand that it isn't arrogance, It's PROBABILITY. No one is saying that it's beyond impossible for life to have formed somewhere else, what scientists and other professionals are saying is BASED ON THE EVIDENCE WE HAVE ON HAND AND FROM WHAT IS KNOWN, it is extremely likely that our species first appeared in what is modern day Africa. A lot of science is based on probability, because it is rare, and I mean rare for any scientific concept to move beyond a theory, even though evidence points to it being the most logical conclusion. A classic example of this is the Germ Theory of disease. Is it possible that there's another reason to explain disease? Yes, but tens of thousands of studies have indicated that microorganisms exist, their replication in hosts are usually the primary cause of disease and by addressing those organisms, you stand the best chance of curing, or mitigating said diseases. So, when you say a scientific theory is just a theory, you are dismissing the amount of research, the amount of data points needed to get to that level.

Then again, we live in a society where nuance and logic are frowned upon, so there's that.
This is a separate issue, but the entire educational system is crumbling in this country. Most high schoolers would fail a basic geography quiz on America if they were asked to point out cities on a map. Their spelling and vocabulary is on the level of a 7th grader, and it just astonishes me that my kids were sent home every evening with no books, no homework, etc. Remember back in the day when we had book reports? They don’t do any of this stuff anymore. Don’t even get me started on flat-earthers either, trying to use logic and/or reason with them is an exercise in futility.

Advertisement
Debunked in the 1970s.

Think of it this way -

Let's say you have a 5 year old son and he grabs the remote while you are watching the Canes and tries to put on Paw Patrol. Would you tell your 5 year old son that you acknowledge his challenge for alpha male dominance of the household, then pick him up and throw him through the nearest window?
Maybe 20 years ago watching the Canes, but not for the last 20. He's also too **** big for me to pitch out now.

And if you own more than one dog, watch their behavior. Another and: Football took that term over decades ago and refined it down to simply, DOG. They tried "Soldier" but DOG stuck.

The only thing that trumps science is more science. The initial study of the “Alpha male” wolf society was science. Further scientific research proved it wrong. Just because you don’t like the results of a scientific study doesn’t negate it’s validity. The only thing that negates the validity of a study is further study with more evidence to the opposite. Uneducated people argue against science because they site examples of scientific research proving previous scientific research wrong. They get mad because there’s not a definitive 100% answer to a lot of questions. We as a species are still learning about most things so until proven wrong, we have to fall back on theories that have the most evidence supporting them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The only thing that trumps science is more science. The initial study of the “Alpha male” wolf society was science. Further scientific research proved it wrong. Just because you don’t like the results of a scientific study doesn’t negate it’s validity. The only thing that negates the validity of a study is further sturdy with more evidence to the opposite. Uneducated people argue against science because they site examples of scientific research proving previous scientific research wrong. They get mad because there’s not a definitive 100% answer to a lot of questions. We as a species are still learning about most things so until proven wrong, we have to fall back on theories that has the most evidence supporting them.
Eggs are good bad good bad good for you.

Nothing is perfect but it's nice that there's a select few who go the extra mile to get close..... Now as far as what happens afterward with the info gained....... I understand your point..... but I'm still happy to have the info to work with and decipher myself or at least make a solid effort in doing so..

Eggsactly.

Sorry. But yes. There's no definitive answer regarding the absolute health value of eggs. Are they full of nutrients? Yes. Is there some risk for cholesterol, especially in the yolks? Yes. How much of that is good cholesterol vs bad cholesterol? Those figures seem to change with more research.

The bottom line is, the world is not binary. Things are not good or bad. There is no perfect answer to most questions. At least not in reality.

Eggsactly.

Sorry. But yes. There's no definitive answer regarding the absolute health value of eggs. Are they full of nutrients? Yes. Is there some risk for cholesterol, especially in the yolks? Yes. How much of that is good cholesterol vs bad cholesterol? Those figures seem to change with more research.

The bottom line is, the world is not binary. Things are not good or bad. There is no perfect answer to most questions. At least not in reality.
When you read/hear stuff like that, it's usually in pursuit of the "SUPERFOODS," which is so dumb. There aren't really any "superfoods" in the context of people thinking of certain food items as though they are the fountain of youth or a magic potion to a better life.

Eggs are good or bad based on what? Eggs are probably bad if you try to survive soley off of them or if you have an allergy to them. They may be good if you eat them in moderation.

It all depends on a multitude of things like your lifestyle, eating habits, and genetics.

Advertisement
Back