This whole situation is like a Rorshach test

Salt

"Assigned species at birth"
Interesting to see the varying reactions and takes to as yet unknown, open ended situation. Aside from the obvious trolls, how we are responding sometimes gives glimpses to our own mental states and emotional predispositions.

I think some on here are genuinely depressed people and their takes are almost chronically negative even before the outcome is known. These are the Mopers.

Some are eternal optimists, maybe are in denial, and they can sometimes be just as annoying as the mopers. These are usually referred to as Slurpers by certain people...

Which then brings me to those who disturbingly reveal socio-pathetic tendencies disparaging and demeaning those with contrary opinions at almost every turn. These are the Haters.

Then you have the more balanced personalities who can see the good and bad in most situations and understand that things can be cyclical, so even if currently bad they know things can change for the better over time. They can still be upset but not to the point it skews their whole outlook on life. Typically these are the mature, older fans who have been through the roller coaster rides of the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 2000's with this program. These are the Realists.

Maybe some of you find yourselves in and out of my contrived categories at various times.

I tend to be more balanced (am older) but I will admit am prone to mope. Try to keep it mostly positive when I post though, but hopefully not to the point of slurping. Also don't mind using humor to make light of certain situations. After all, sports is just entertainment and not a matter of life and death.

That said Happy New Years to you Mopers, Slurpers, Haters, and Realists. You do make this sight what it is. And it is not all bad. LOL

Advertisement
Interesting to see the varying reactions and takes to as yet unknown, open ended situation. Aside from the obvious trolls, how we are responding sometimes gives glimpses to our own mental states and emotional predispositions.

I think some on here are genuinely depressed people and their takes are almost chronically negative even before the outcome is known. These are the Mopers.

Some are eternal optimists, maybe are in denial, and they can sometimes be just as annoying as the mopers. These are usually referred to as Slurpers by certain people...

Which then brings me to those who disturbingly reveal socio-pathetic tendencies disparaging and demeaning those with contrary opinions at almost every turn. These are the Haters.

Then you have the more balanced personalities who can see the good and bad in most situations and understand that things can be cyclical, so even if currently bad they know things can change for the better over time. They can still be upset but not to the point it skews their whole outlook on life. Typically these are the mature, older fans who have been through the roller coaster rides of the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 2000's with this program. These are the Realists.

Maybe some of you find yourselves in and out of my contrived categories at various times.

I tend to be more balanced (am older) but I will admit am prone to mope. Try to keep it mostly positive when I post though, but hopefully not to the point of slurping. Also don't mind using humor to make light of certain situations. After all, sports is just entertainment and not a matter of life and death.

That said Happy New Years to you Mopers, Slurpers, Haters, and Realists. You do make this sight what it is. And it is not all bad. LOL
I need some of that ***itol prescription.

Advertisement

What did you say?
Quit reading after the 2nd paragraph..

Advertisement
Are you hearing my voice in your head? That's a whole other issue.
I bet you’re sitting there right now giggling to yourself and thinking about how funny you are.

Just know that you’re wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement

1. “Site” not “sight.”
2. You can now add another category for grammar police. 😡
3. Happy New Year to you as well.

52354F8D-D774-42C5-B2B3-0DB569764619.jpeg

Advertisement
Back