This was a goddam shame

For the life of me, I can't understand why we're not running the fast break he ran with Weinke.

Advertisement
How can we exploit their weak pass defense when we're calling the same off-tackle run play 30 times in a row? And getting stuffed 29 times I might add.

This is basically it. Richt just needs to figure out that it is perfectly fine passing the ball the majority of a series, without having to run on 1st down.
It was dissapointing he never got the TEs involved in the game. If we would have done short passes to the Te's we wouldn't have had to run it and get stuffed so often.

But also, I can't believe so many of you guys thought that their D was just going to play poorly today. They have good players and its a **** rivalry game.

Richt is a basic coach.. better than folden but we will not win big ones.. His play calling was inept

I hate to say it but this may be ***ing true

I'm hoping I'm wrong and what's really the truth is kayaa just actually sucks and he's playing a super conservative playbook in an effort to hide that both qb and Oline are dreadful.. but seems like a lot

Richt seems like a very intelligent guy, that's the thing. This man has been part of a machine in college football with those late 90s Seminole teams. He's seen what it takes so I just don't understand some things going on out there

Advertisement
Now we get to wait an entire just to take a shot at avoiding 8 in a row.

FML.

And the blocked PAT hurts obviously, that's tough. But I'm exceedingly more ****ed off that we were anywhere near having to pull off a last minute stunt to beat these clowns. Just a sorry *** showing, and worse, yet another to tack on the long line of bad showings in this rivalry of late.

game shouldve never ever been in that position. usf scored 35 points on fsu

Everyone who's gashing FSU has a mobile and at least a slightly athletic QB. We have a statue. With cement shoes. Running in mud.

I bet the first time Richt saw Kaaya's 40 time he was in complete disbelief.

No excuses. That FSU defense is trash. Trubisky isn't a runner. And USF looked better against them than we did, and Flowers throws worse than my grandma's rotted corpse.

Advertisement
How can we exploit their weak pass defense when we're calling the same off-tackle run play 30 times in a row? And getting stuffed 29 times I might add.

I love the I formation run into a stacked box on 1st down. My favorite play. It's a thing of beauty isn't it?

Where have you dummies been all year. Didn't you know that the OL was not our strength. Give us another year to get that unit together and we will be a balanced team.

I love the I formation run into a stacked box on 1st down. My favorite play. It's a thing of beauty isn't it?

Did we call any plays from under centre today?

Seemed like Kaaya was in shotgun all day.

Advertisement
Richt's play calling was suspect. I also suspect his conservative game plans are to try and protect a gun shy QB playing behind a below average OL. Play action does not work. Teams with an aggressive front seven can pin their ears back. And when Walton and Yearby do bust a run they generally will go down on contact. They are not going to run over anyone and only possess decent speed.

The FAU game made this obvious. If they got consistent pressure on Kaaya what do you think a team with real talent on defense will do? FSU attacked the LOS and Miami had no answer. FSU has deficiencies but I'll wager Ole Miss, Louisville, and UNC all have a much better OL than the Canes.

The OL needs a serious talent infusion and time to develop.

Last edited:
****** play calling. Plays were too linear and didn't call any misdirection plays to keep them on their toes. OL sucked. Choke job at the end.

Advertisement
We literally have run like a total of 13 plays over and over this season on offense

Did we call any plays from under centre today?

Seemed like Kaaya was in shotgun all day.

Richt knows that Kaaya can't play from under center! The last coaching staff ruined him with that bull**** offense. He looks so uncomfortable when they put him under center that they have no choice but to put him back in the shotgun.

Advertisement
Back