This was a beat down.

D-anon

Conference All American
Purgatory
If King doesn't throw those 2 interceptions, Pitt only has 9 points.

Baker>>> Lashlee this game.

Defense looked good. Lashlee/King needs to go back to the drawing board. Playcalling was erratic today.

It feels like we were out of sync today, but we just had a more talented team

Advertisement

Defense looked good. Lashlee/King needs to go back to the drawing board. Playcaing was erratic today.

Defense had WRs running open all over the place. Lucky for us they dropped passes. QB at times had way too much time to throw

Absolutely disagree. If Pitt doesn’t gift us two possessions in plus territory, we only score 17. Offense is absolutely atrocious, I’m nearing a point where dare I say Lashlee is overrated

Defense had WRs running open all over the place. Lucky for us they dropped passes. QB at times had way too much time to throw
That’s whipple ball....

but yes if they don’t get lined up at the 1 coming off that King INT they never get a TD and they only score 12 points

I think the biggest issue is, you saw a tired defense.

I've said it before, but with an up-tempo offense, and you don't get what you want, i.e., any sort of run game or early points, you put your defense in a vulnerable position.+

Defense played well. Pitt didn't have a run game coming in, they didn't have one coming out.
They had a good run defense going in, they had one coming out, it's almost expected. Lashlee got out of the mess, designing plays in the sand and it worked out again.

Advertisement
Easy win. Pitt is a bowl team and just got better with the new QB. We still won by 2 scores with King playing very poorly for him. The season is all a build up to the UNC game for the right to lose to Clemson in the ACC title game. We’re on track for that so far.

Defense looked good. Lashlee/King needs to go back to the drawing board. Playcalling was erratic today.

Yes. Lashlee only had 3 out of 14 third down conversions and when you add the 2 INTs the Defense was constantly put on the defensive and once again bailed out Lashlee. Some things just dont change.

Advertisement
i
Pittsburgh Rushing
CARYDSAVGTDLONG
Todd Sibley Jr.4235.8012
A.J. Davis7213.008
Brandon Hill133.003
DJ Turner231.508
Vincent Davis90-0.408
Joey Yellen3-28-9.300
TEAM26220.8012

22 yards on 26 carries.. Our defense played well today

Still don't look fundamental sound, missing alot of tackles and coverage gaps but overall our defense is a top 15 defense

I think the biggest issue is, you saw a tired defense.

I've said it before, but with an up-tempo offense, and you don't get what you want, i.e., any sort of run game or early points, you put your defense in a vulnerable position.+

Defense played well. Pitt didn't have a run game coming in, they didn't have one coming out.
They had a good run defense going in, they had one coming out, it's almost expected. Lashlee got out of the mess, designing plays in the sand and it worked out again.
That’s the downside with an offense like ours. If you pick up first downs and then get up big it changes the offense and gives your defense an advantage. But the reverse is true and that’s what happened here. Now the defense did make mistakes though but once again this is on the offense.

I think we can stop Lashlee head coach thing now.

Advertisement
Fortunate Pickett didn’t play. He would have been scrambling when the backup wouldn’t. Still impressed to 26 rushing yards.

Absolutely disagree. If Pitt doesn’t gift us two possessions in plus territory, we only score 17. Offense is absolutely atrocious, I’m nearing a point where dare I say Lashlee is overrated

He is! This is an RPO offense not a spread. We run 5 plays..

Advertisement
Guys we are not Clemson so we aren’t going to look great at everything. WE ******* WON. Move on to the next game. Did enough to win. Keep improving and moving forward keep getting the young guys playing time so we can be better. Need the young WRs to step up bc the top 3 rn are not great the only ok guy is pope who maybe should be a slot guy but has to play outside due to a lack of twlent

That’s the downside with an offense like ours. If you pick up first downs and then get up big it changes the offense and gives your defense an advantage. But the reverse is true and that’s what happened here. Now the defense did make mistakes though but once again this is on the offense.

I think we can stop Lashlee head coach thing now.
I totally agree.

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle

Advertisement
Back