This Team's a Big Disappointment

Advertisement
I am obviously not an NBA scout and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I don't see George playing anywhere the NBA next year

Advertisement
I am obviously not an NBA scout and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I don't see George playing anywhere the NBA next year
George is all potential right now, like a lot of the other young guys getting drafted or on draft boards. NBA teams are not looking at him based off a production standpoint. He's high on some of these mock drafts based off what he can be, not what he is now.

George is all potential right now, like a lot of the other young guys getting drafted or on draft boards. NBA teams are not looking at him based off a production standpoint. He's high on some of these mock drafts based off what he can be, not what he is now.
How much potential does he have? Not trying to knock him, but what exactly are the scouts salivating over him for? He’s very tall and long and is a good (albeit streaky) shooter. Those are attractive traits. But he’s not a very good athlete, doesn’t create off the dribble, rarely plays defense or rebounds, and isn’t a very good distributor.

How much potential does he have? Not trying to knock him, but what exactly are the scouts salivating over him for? He’s very tall and long and is a good (albeit streaky) shooter. Those are attractive traits. But he’s not a very good athlete, doesn’t create off the dribble, rarely plays defense or rebounds, and isn’t a very good distributor.
It's a very weak draft

George has some of the traits NBA teams covet. He's young and has got good size for his position. Can shoot the ball and anytime they see a 6'7"+ player that can dribble, pass and shoot it's going to get their attention. I don't know if he's a lottery pick like some project, but don't think there's any question he will get a draftable grade from the NBA this summer.

Advertisement
I disagree. Benz is what he is. A good backup at the collegiate level. If he's a starter or if you're counting on him to lead, then your team just isn't that good.
Not gonna argue it but I know I am not alone that Benz on the floor is more often than not a huge liability. The Benz versus George as 5th starter early on was a battle he lost, rightly so I suggest, and clearly damaged some team chemistry. Once we had a starter pretty much unable to fully play every game, he was then restored to starting...

...and as PG and facilitator led the team on almost every offensive play. He played hero way too often; why did he lead the team in 17 shots vs FSU (and several other games) when we clearly have better shot-makers and shot-takers. (His) 7 turnovers and 4 PF doesn't even fully represent how often, seen close up, the plays developed like Keystone Kops fire-engine routines under his "facilitation". Omier seemed constantly exasperated and George wishing he was elsewhere. Maybe the coaches giving no clearly followed guidance and plays is to blame, so he was "left to be the leader by default (of them)". And all who followed him ended up like the losing rats of Pied Piper.

That team after 2013 ACC title with Garrius Adams and Rion Brown wasn't nearly as talented as this team, but was much more enjoyable to watch, because they had some toughness, and played hard. I can't watch this team. It makes me feel bad just watching this pathetic team.

This team ruined college basketball for me this year, I have no enjoyment watching any games because of the absolute stench this group has given the season. This is the most disappointing Miami basketball team ever.

That team after 2013 ACC title with Garrius Adams and Rion Brown wasn't nearly as talented as this team, but was much more enjoyable to watch, because they had some toughness, and played hard. I can't watch this team. It makes me feel bad just watching this pathetic team.

This team ruined college basketball for me this year, I have no enjoyment watching any games because of the absolute stench this group has given the season. This is the most disappointing Miami basketball team ever.
Laziest, softest, most selfish team I've ever seen under L, and it's not even close. Made it hard to be a fan at times, and it wasn't even the losing part. It was the not trying part. The only effort exceptions were Omier, Robinson, Djobet, and at times Joseph.

Advertisement
Laziest, softest, most selfish team I've ever seen under L, and it's not even close. Made it hard to be a fan at times, and it wasn't even the losing part. It was the not trying part. The only effort exceptions were Omier, Robinson, Djobet, and at times Joseph.

This wasn't a team... just a bunch of individuals.. poisoned by NIL envy

This wasn't a team... just a bunch of individuals.. poisoned by NIL envy
What I don't understand is we had large new NIL deals in the year prior with Omier and especially Pack, yet that team's chemistry was awesome. Why was it suddenly such a big issue this season?

I’ve really not liked what I’ve seen of George the past few games. Seems uninspired/uninterested, plays bad defence, questionable ball handling, really isn’t creating enough.

He’s got the talent, but right now he’s all catch and release jump shooter to me.

Advertisement
Djobet will only get better.

Give me one Jakai off the bench every year. A guy that hustles every play, is a good enough defender and great teammate. Don’t need 13 scorers.

There’s always a spot for a player like him. I’d like to see him stay next year tbh.

Djobet will only get better.

Give me one Jakai off the bench every year. A guy that hustles every play, is a good enough defender and great teammate. Don’t need 13 scorers.

There’s always a spot for a player like him. I’d like to see him stay next year tbh.
Agreed on Djobet. Honestly felt like L underutilized him (and Nwoko) this season

I like Jakai's hustle, but he has zero skill. I don't mind him staying, but when someone is THAT bad offensively, they end up becoming a net liability most of the time on the floor.

In most organizations, this year's performance would result in a full scale review into what happened and heads would roll.... but in Miami.. just another day at the office
No program is firing a HC after just going to the Final Four. UNC missed the tourney the year after playing for a NC.

Advertisement
Back