This team is better

That's true but t's also true that we played better in the second half. If we played them again we would lose but it would be a better game,, overall. It's part of becoming a successful program. It's a process, now will we get there with Diaz IDK but you have to go up against the best to see where your program is, Facts.
" If we played them again we would lose but it would be a better game,, overall"

You don't know that and nothing we did last night gives any indication of that. The only thing we proved last night is that we are still as far away from the top level as we were when we played clesom.
The rest of the season we will see in we made up any ground on becoming a team that can consistently perform on the Coastal. Something we haven't done.

Advertisement
than most of you are giving them credit. These games are measuring sticks and a must need if you are serious about getting back to the standard we used to be at. I wanted to see how we finished and I was proud we didn't fold. The team as a whole played a whole lot better in the second half. Bama didn't take their foot off the gas either. The first unit played 95% of the game. We became a better football team today. Lastly, this was a glorified home game for Bama, don't get it twisted.
I woke up to the smell of minnows and 8 crappie. **** the game next week, I'm going to our hunting camp in Jasper.

Bama did not lay out the gas. They played their starters throughout the game until a few minutes remaining in the game.
Playing the starters throughout the game doesn't prove they didn't lay off the gas.
We played the starters all the second half against Nebraska in the championship and you can't say we didn't lay off the gas.(just an example)
Point is that there is no connection between the starters being in the game. Its anout how they called the game.

Advertisement
Bama should’ve hung 60 on us. You’re lying to yourself if there was any type of moral victory.
We also could have put up 14 more points plus a safety. It's all relative. Would have liked to hold them under 40 and put up at least 20. Unfortunately, not the case. I say wait till after UNC game. We should know where we stand.
P.S. Get TVD and Garcia PT

than most of you are giving them credit. These games are measuring sticks and a must need if you are serious about getting back to the standard we used to be at. I wanted to see how we finished and I was proud we didn't fold. The team as a whole played a whole lot better in the second half. Bama didn't take their foot off the gas either. The first unit played 95% of the game. We became a better football team today. Lastly, this was a glorified home game for Bama, don't get it twisted.
Bama took their foot off the gas midway through the 3rd. They could’ve EASILY hung 60 on Manny. EASILY!

It’s not about losing, it’s also about the recurring themes we see under Manny: lack of preparation, bad tackling, no discipline…gives up chunk plays throughout the game

Bama didn’t take their foot off the gas? Lol. Wow. They were so bored. They see better competition at practice or the SEC.

Advertisement
That means the coaching is exactly as I thought then, because you are saying they again brought their team to a huge match up just to **** their pants and completely underperform.

Lastly, this was a glorified home game for Bama, don't get it twisted.

They could've played in our stadium with not one fan in the crowd, we still get run out of the building.

Besides the game finally ending, my only positive takeaway was that they kept playing through the end. We've seen too many teams fold it up when they were down big. They didn't embarrass themselves and fought. Problem is, the guys on the other team were stronger, faster, bigger, and coached fat better.

Even I cannot defend that dreadful performance today. We simply got walloped on both sides of the ball. Only bright side was Hedley and Borregales who both did their jobs. with app State coming in next Saturday we’re going to have to play MUCH better to secure a W at our home opener.
Our kicking game is legit. Remember when it was a glaring weakness? Now if we could just have a similar turnaround in the other phases of the game we’d be rolling… a man can dream right?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just saw the replay of the game. Our biggest problem continues to be our VERY POOR TACKLING! This has been a problem in the past, and it still continues to be a major problem. Other issues, as I see them, (1) King is not 100% yet. (2) Our OL was below average, most especially Scaife & Donaldson. These two are not up to snuff! I was particularly upset at Donaldson (since he had previously stated that "...I am in the best shape of my career" ). I completely disagree, as he looked slow, inflexible, and did not learn/figure out how to correct his obvious poor conditioning and errors. (3) Our WRs had a poor showing (except for Restrepo), by dropping balls, not winning contested catches, and/or able to find a way to get open. Very disappointed with Mallory! Could be Lashlee's poor involvement of the TE into the game. (4) Our CBs & Ss (especially Ivey!) did not enjoy/have their best showing, most particularly the first Bama TD (that was completely awful/disgusting!). (5) Our DEs had a particularly poor game. McCloud basically put no pressure on their QB, and Harvey was a no show! Our ONE Sack came from C. Williams. A major performance drop off when compared to last year. (6) Harris should be replaced as the starting RB. Chaney should be our #1 RB, followed by Knight when he comes back. Until then, Harris should be our #2 RB behind Chaney. (7) Rhett Lashlee needs to change his game strategy. His game plan for Bama was basic & very mediocre. It's not like he didn't have enough time to put together a much better plan. (8) And finally, Manny needs to work on his motivational skills. The players, in many cases throughout the game (most especially the 1st Half), did not appear to be completely motivated and giving 150% effort. In the 1st Half in particular, the Bama players appeared to want the game more.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed in Mallory too. He just keeps disappearing in big games. He got smashed blocking a safety on a routine wr screen. I don't think he's the answer.

Advertisement
HAHAHAHA

Advertisement
Back