This seems troubling....

I feel good with Willis and Moten as 3 techniques and Jenkins and Norton as 1 techs. With Chad, AQM, and Demetrius as DE's. I think we have good talent on the DL, and we're going to see the difference this year when they are allowed to attack upfield a lot more.

Advertisement
We're the deepest we've been at the DT position, in both talent and quantity, that we've been in a really long time. People aren't even mentioning Mcintosh.

Agree we have talent and depth along the DL and at LB if we can get healthy there. Still need to recruit DTs though.

Advertisement
I would love to see us sign a g and a tackle.

Hopefully milo has put some good weight on during his redshirt year and can push for some playing time.

**** DTs. We have 5 legit DTs for a position that only ever plays 2. None of them are SRs.

We only need 2 for depth purposes.

We NEED CBs and SAFETIES. We have only 3 safeties (no i dont count Knowles as a legit safety yet) and 1 CB (assuming Burns leaves and Elder returns). Redwine, Mayes, Jackson, and Henley are ???. This for a unit that sometimes starts 6 players in the dime.

It'll pick up. Shaver Manuel has told ESPN recruiting analysts he would listen good chance one of those dt's coach richt has committed in Georgia will contact. I'll honestly be more concerned about the depth at end more than dt and o-line just because Gerald Willis would be eligible and the o-line is young but for god sakes if I see Alex fall on the field one more time I'll pull out my hair out

Advertisement
None of this matters. We need to get the S&C fixed first.
He already recruiting it mecole hardman, shyheim carter, and trayvon Mullen will be interested as well as javaughn myers( who'll probably bring his brother Nate Craig Myers)but it's not just s&c it's the entire defense

Offensive line and DT were arguably our worst positions, yet we have no commits at these positions. How do we expect to improve without new blood and competition? Kaya got pummeled this year.

I think the OL will see marked improvement next year. There are alot of very talented players on the roster.

Offensive line and DT were arguably our worst positions, yet we have no commits at these positions. How do we expect to improve without new blood and competition? Kaya got pummeled this year.

I think the OL will see marked improvement next year. There are alot of very talented players on the roster.
But can someone send a memo with me about not playing Alex gall. Seriously one more holding penalty from him imma throw a conniption

DL and DT's are the least of my worries assuming we have a good DL coach and good defensive scheme. Willis, Thomas, Norton, Moten, Jenkins, possibly AQM, Harris, Jackson.... That's a ton of talent on the DL. I've said it before about the OL, they were young and inexperienced as ****. The only true natural LT we have was a freshman who should've redshirted but of course didn't under Golden. The OL next season will be a much improved unit in which it should be St. Louis-McDermott-Linder-Isadora-Darling.... That's a ton of talent on that OL. McDermott was coming back from a serious injury, Darling isn't a LT, St. Louis wasn't ready to start, Linder and Isadora were the most experienced but the whole OL was just in shambles this year. Milo & Sunny should be the top reserves which is solid. Do we need to add recruits to both sides of the line? Of course, that's a given. This is Miami and we should be stacking 4* & 5*s every year but the talent is there on each side. Inexperience and comradery is the issue for the OL and coaching is the issue for the DL(well the whole team in general). Assuming we have the right coaches, the DL and OL will be pretty good next season IMO and much improved.

this is my biggest concern is the DL and OL. We do not have talent necessary to win against good teams with what we have, regardless who is the asst coach handling them. My focus would have been the interior from the get go of Richt being here. We can always get talented skill players. Up front is where you win.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back