This program is dead

Advertisement
I mean idk what people don’t see, we had the #2 def. in the country and that could only get us a 7-5 record. The majority of that def. is gone next year, as well as the guy who ran it. On what delusional planet are people even a little bit optimistic, smdh.

In another year or two, this board will fade away like all the other Miami sites. Just nothing positive going on. Too bad. Those of us here are just the last of the faithful.

It’s been over since 2003.
Nobody’s stopping you from spinning smoke up each other’s butts.

Program not dead, death puts you out of your misery, perhaps life support a better description

Advertisement
Dead is a stretch. Program will never be elite again until The Prez/BOT prioritizes football like the other elite programs. PERIOD. Only chance we have at being elite is if we stumble upon a once in a generation talent at QB.

I mean idk what people don’t see, we had the #2 def. in the country and that could only get us a 7-5 record. The majority of that def. is gone next year, as well as the guy who ran it. On what delusional planet are people even a little bit optimistic, smdh.

Willis, Jackson, Odenigbo, Quarterman, Pinckney, M. Jackson, Redwine, Johnson, Dean......gone!

Hire Alex Grinch to replace Manny Diaz and maybe we land Battle & Stevenson, perhaps Dixon or Elam or Dent? Banda would then be free for Manny to bring with him. Next we hire an OC. Is it too late to get Mike Yurcich? Okay fine, lets roll with Kendal Briles. Now maybe Crowley flips back. Need to fire Searels, or at the very least bring down Cole Popovic from the Patriots to see what he thinks. If Patke wants to go with Manny and Banda, please go... we'll hire Michael Barrow who is currently unemployed.

HC Richt
OC Briles
OL Searels w/or Popovich
TE Briles w/ Hartley
RB Briles w/ Brown
WR Briles w/ Dugans
QB Briles w/ J. Richt

ST Barrow & Hartley

DC Grinch or Raymond
DB Rumph & Grinch or Raymond
LB Barrow
DL Simpson

That D seems like the front 7 would get nasty and the 2ndary could become terrifyingly good. The O starts humming thats to Briles and Jon learns O concepts that work... and he might actually be hireable at some point.
This would work, therefore, this won’t happen.

I'm just hoping that with all of the negativity that's occurred over the past week (de-commitments, losing Manny), MR takes a long hard look at himself and does some soul searching. I can't imagine this is what he signed up for when he became our head coach 2 years ago. Maybe this week will be what it takes to finally get him to wake up and make some serious changes. Doubtful given his track record but who knows.

Advertisement
And the quicker people come to the realization that we will NEVER be a big time program again, the easier the pain and suffering will become

Come to the dark side fellas. Life is a lot more stress free over here

Tragically, I have to concur with this WISE Cane dedicated fan and what not. Again, I pointed out previously, that Miami would be fortunate to finish " 7-5/8-4 " next season. And that was with the CAVEAT, that Manny would return next season. But those notions have suddenly disappeared into the south Florida night and what not. Also, there's no need to recycle the troublesome tangibles Miami is facing entering next season, but Coach Diaz bolting Thee Gables is the proverbial Orange and Green straw which has broken that Richt's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nevertheless I still have my second favorite head coach and team to support. Enter one Lord Saban and Roll Tide, Yahoo.

Never, ever will be able to wrap my mind around just how awful the "fans" of this program are. It's like quantum physics. No matter how much I'd try, there's no way I could comprehend how awful a huge majority of you are. Just doesn't compute.

Advertisement
Our program was forever dead the day the Orange Bowl fell to the ground.

Been saying it for a decade.

They were just talking about this on Sirius XM radio this morning. Childress and Neuheisel. I get it that Neuheisel is a tool. They clearly think something is wrong at Miami under Richt, but said one of the things Miami should do, that they perceived as a huge benefit long term, is get a stadium closer to campus.

And the quicker people come to the realization that we will NEVER be a big time program again, the easier the pain and suffering will become

Come to the dark side fellas. Life is a lot more stress free over here

Sadly I have known this for a few years but there is no denying it anymore

Advertisement
Bee. Saying this after the UVA game.....this program will never ever be elite again. Its over people just accept it

There is NO way we can make this joke university change its thinking on football. The program seems to be more of a nuisance to this BOT and administration than anything else. We'll never be elite again because these clowns don't want us to be and we should know it by now. ***** them!

They were just talking about this on Sirius XM radio this morning. Childress and Neuheisel. I get it that Neuheisel is a tool. They clearly think something is wrong at Miami under Richt, but said one of the things Miami should do, that they perceived as a huge benefit long term, is get a stadium closer to campus.

When the Canes were 10-0 last season and the newly-renovated Hard Rock was rocking the stadium issue became a non-issue.

Now, with a 7-5 record, the stadium is a problem again.

Hmm...what changed?

Never, ever will be able to wrap my mind around just how awful the "fans" of this program are. It's like quantum physics. No matter how much I'd try, there's no way I could comprehend how awful a huge majority of you are. Just doesn't compute.

How exactly are the fans awful? Sure, there are a few who are taking the Manny leaving drama too far but what is there truly to be happy about right now in Coral Gables? Head coach who is likely going to be stubborn and blind to see that his offense doesn't work any more, recruits bailing left and right, completely mismanaged QB situation. Are you saying we should be whistling dixie as the program continues to implode?

Advertisement
Back