This one's totally on Fisch

Again, you can be conservative and smart. You give the ball to Duke and you run the clock. We had a 10 point lead late in the game on the road. The smart thing to do is run the ball.
But on 3rd and 7 you have to come up with a better play than that. Running a dive up the middle was essentially raising the white flag and putting the game in the hands of our terrible defense, knowing that UVA would have 4 downs to work with. Awful play calling in that series.

Advertisement
Or maybe Virginia put together a drive that just beat us. I have no problem running the ball today at the end as we were running the ball great all day! if Morris passes and we lose we all would have gone crazy becaused we passed. I actually enjoyed the game and thought we played well. We were aggresive on defense and had no problem with offensive play calling. Virginia just put together a drive that was helped by a questionable pass interference. Tight end made a great catch at the end. It is what it is. If you cannot see a future in these canes you are blind. They are coming and we can still win conference. Virgnia just put togehter a great drive at the end imo.

Bottom line is offense had a chance in the 4th to close it out. They failed.

Defense could not get a stop at the end either. Failed.

Placing no blame on the offense is not a fair assessment.

Advertisement
All on Fisch is ridiculous

Also that last drive was on pussying out not on Fisch. No way Golden doesnt have input on the conservative last drive

Just how many damned points does Fisch have to score to compensate for this half-assed defensive scheme we keep hearing about, but haven't seen?

Advertisement
Or maybe Virginia put together a drive that just beat us. I have no problem running the ball today at the end as we were running the ball great all day! if Morris passes and we lose we all would have gone crazy becaused we passed. I actually enjoyed the game and thought we played well. We were aggresive on defense and had no problem with offensive play calling. Virginia just put together a drive that was helped by a questionable pass interference. Tight end made a great catch at the end. It is what it is. If you cannot see a future in these canes you are blind. They are coming and we can still win conference. Virgnia just put togehter a great drive at the end imo.

you call that a great game. the D was terrible all game. idk what ur watching. sure we made some plays in the backfield but we never got any stops really and let up 41 points. stop w this it was a great bs this was UVA a 3-6 team not FSU or even UNC. we should have won this game hands down and not by a miracle red zone stand either. btw we are not winning the conference. if we win the coastal take the ban the UVA gaem did it for me. this will be a better team next year take the ban and let this bad team sit out of a crappy bowl

LMAO.

Offense scores 40 points and it's "totally on Fisch?"

You're seriously ******* kidding me, right?

Just how many damned points does Fisch have to score to compensate for this half-assed defensive scheme we keep hearing about, but haven't seen?

It's a matter of putting a drive together when it matters most. Fisch's offense has a history of looking good at times and then going brain-dead for long stretches at a time-- last week vs. Va. Tech comes to mind, when I think we went 3 & out 5 straight series in the second half. How the defense hung on to win that game is beyond me. He did it again yesterday in the fourth quarter when it counted most. We (including Fisch) all know the defense sucks, but the 3 & outs are making the defense A LOT worse.

Or offense scores 40 and you blame Fisch. Pass me that kush u been smokin with Rashawn

Offense scored 38. The bogus safety call shouldn't count as an offensive score. Fisch is mediocre, no question, but the defensive side is WOAT.

Offense only scored 31. 7 from special teams. 2 safety. I would never put the game in the hands our our horrible defense missing 3 of its best 4 players. Porter when he plays lol, is totally unblockable. He beats double teams on a regular basis. He caused the safety.

Advertisement
LOL at this falling solely on Fisch.

Our defense sucks. Not saying our offense is great but they did enough to win.

****, UVA just converted another third and long on us at breakfast.

41 points. Lol. Let that marinate. And they were the 90 something ranked offense going into the game.

GMAFB!

I also side with it being more on the offense then on the defense.
towards the end of the game the defense made stops and even got a saftey.
All the offense needed to do with put the final dagger in UVA and game over. Instead they go three and out twice and give the ball back to UVA with enough time. There is only so much you can ask of this defense that was out there 80+ plays again and with their 3 best defensive players out.

Advertisement
Back