This one's totally on Fisch

Eyedoctor2

Redshirt Freshman
Two three and outs in great field position while not running any clock to end the game. Pitiful!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
So it's on a defense that is already bad missing three starters. Fisch has to control the game up 10 with great field position TWICE.

That third down run had Goldens conservative finger prints all over it. He stubbornly keeps trying to win the game on defense and his buddy keeps letting him down. You don't have to be an offensive minded coach to let your offense win it for you. The offense is inconsistent, but the defense is just consistently terrible. Anyone that thinks this game is on Fisch is just in denial about Golden.

I like what Golden is doing in recruiting but his teams will never be dominant with these pop warner schemes.

That third down run had Goldens conservative finger prints all over it. He stubbornly keeps trying to win the game on defense and his buddy keeps letting him down. You don't have to be an offensive minded coach to let your offense win it for you. The offense is inconsistent, but the defense is just consistently terrible. Anyone that thinks this game is on Fisch is just in denial about Golden.

I like what Golden is doing in recruiting but his teams will never be dominant with these pop warner schemes.

COMPLETELY AGREE...

as much as fisch likes to sling it...guarantee golden piped down and told the guy go to the run game..which uva was in full mode to charge for an stacking box...

Advertisement
Two three and outs in great field position while not running any clock to end the game. Pitiful!!

100% agree.. Our D is bad enough when our two best LB's and safety are in the game.. He should know to eat the clock up and keep that D off that field.

Again, you can be conservative and smart. You give the ball to Duke and you run the clock. We had a 10 point lead late in the game on the road. The smart thing to do is run the ball.

I didn't like that sequence from Fisch, but honestly, up 10, your D has to make some plays. Bottom line

Golden always preaches about finishing

Well, today, they simply did not

Totally agree. The offense has no killer instinct. They were set up 2x in Va territory in the 4th quarter with a chance to put the game away. 3 & out, 3 & out. **** poor performance when it counted.

Advertisement
The offense did a good job today, anytime you put up 38 points on offense and you still lose thats a problem. Yes they stalled at the end of the game but in no way shape or form is this the offenses loss. Al Golden needs to sometimes look the other way when it comes to player discipline, do you think Jimmy Johnson would have sat Eddie and Rashawn for this game, i didnt think so. Oh and as far as our defense goes there is no reason why you should have had 3 linebackers on the field during that last drive **** not even 2 linebacker. You go into your dime defense and play more aggressive but you also double the receiver in the slot and go 2 man . Either way there is no excuse for this loss and this one is gonna stay with me for a long time. GO CANES

The fourth quarter is, for sure. Absolutely no excuse to go three and out twice in a row against that UVA defense. Worst play calling I've ever seen down a stretch, other than maybe the Miami Dolphins. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Advertisement
Fisch deserves blame, but "all on Fisch?" We gave up 41 points, that's why we lost.

I agree with this. This is one is almost more on Golden than on Fisch. He has to decide "hey, we're not very good on defense and cannot be. May make sense not to rely on them and tell my O-coordinator to win the game for us."

Advertisement
Back