This makes no sense. SMH

Advertisement
Eh, I think the rule is fine. Idk how you can argue this as anything but good FOR THE PLAYERS. Schools will just have to adapt. And if it doesn’t work we will have to adjust or the NCAA may raise the amount of visits allowed…
You saw the graph in another thread on top 10 recruiting budgets. It gives them an advantage,

I would have to believe an elite recruiter like Mario, a relationship builder, is going to have a keen sense of who wants a weekend vacation on Miami’s dime and who is legitimately serious about the Canes. Mistakes will be made, nothing is perfect, but still.

It definitely has an effect. Because a school still has it's set numbers. Well what if you waste those numbers on kids who have lil to no interest in your school and just want a vacay and some social media pics to clout chase? What happened then it's you're ****ed because kids that have real interest in seeing us no longer get the exposure necessary. It can certainly help. But to not see the opposite side of the equation where we can't separate genuine interest from kids wanting vacays can and will **** us if we ain't careful.

I did think of that and hope that the staff is smart enough to hopefully limit the free vacations and have kids come on unofficial like they are currently doing before coming back on an OV.

There always has and always will be top kids who OV to Miami without any real interest to vacay and get their Clout pics at the Pelican of their food and always will be. Its up to the staff to do their due diligence and know when to turn kids down.

"In addition, official visits may last “no longer than a two-night stay” per the updated rules. Schools are permitted to cover travel costs, transportation and meals, as well as “reasonable entertainment” for up to two family members who accompany the prospect on a visit."

Other changes to the rule to really make it a vacation @Brooklyndee

Advertisement
It definitely has an effect. Because a school still has it's set numbers. Well what if you waste those numbers on kids who have lil to no interest in your school and just want a vacay and some social media pics to clout chase? What happened then it's you're ****ed because kids that have real interest in seeing us no longer get the exposure necessary. It can certainly help. But to not see the opposite side of the equation where we can't separate genuine interest from kids wanting vacays can and will **** us if we ain't careful.

Preach

You saw the graph in another thread on top 10 recruiting budgets. It gives them an advantage,
… such is life. They are still limited in OVs allowed regardless. 5 is an arbitrary number to only allow a player to visit a school expense free. In a way I could argue it’s making it better. Now players can take multiple OVs and won’t have to play the handler 10-trip bus game… and schools that were already paying guys to take Unofficials it doesn’t change anything….

Advertisement
Who do we think pushed for this rule change? THE RECRUITS?!

Let’s just call it what it is, another rule to help the SEC and Big 10.
Who do we think it helps most? The recruits who don’t have hella money to take a bunch of unofficial visits and aren’t paid by the schools to do so.

If we are in the same league (not league as in conference), as the B10 and SEC schools then this should help us just as much as it will help them. Will obviously be a little more difficult for us because who wouldn’t want to take a vacation trip to Miami versus ******* Arkansas… but still. The argument that the B10/SEC paid for this rule change doesn’t hold any weight unless you are saying we are not on their level/tier.

Schools are still limited on how many OVs they can give.

Everyone relax.
UnnaturalAncientCrocodileskink-size_restricted.gif

… such is life. They are still limited in OVs allowed regardless.
Under the rule there is no limit, except for budgetary.
5 is an arbitrary number to only allow a player to visit a school expense free. In a way I could argue it’s making it better. Now players can take multiple OVs and won’t have to play the handler 10-trip bus game… and schools that were already paying guys to take Unofficials it doesn’t change anything….
Uunofficials may only used by those programs that are unfortunate to afford a lush budget.

You know, those referred to as the second tier.

Advertisement
NCAA trying to stay relevant with weird rules like this. I see nothing wrong with the current OV number. I mean if you want to raise it go ahead but unlimited? Seems silly.
Yeah, I agree. I'm older. It was 6 in our day. Going back to something like that would be OK with.

Advertisement
I thought we had a thread on this but I guess it was simply discussed in another thread. Anyhow, I’ve moved it to the recruiting board where it seems to fit in more given the subject matter is about Official Visit (OV) numbers.

Thank you for your understanding in advance and please enjoy the show.

Im sorry i like, why should kids be limited to visit 5 schools officially, thats an artificial parameter that shouldnt be there. Its on schools to know who real or not. Plus u never know what gonna swing a kids mind to one school or the other. Dabo bout to be mad.

Advertisement
Back