This makes no sense. SMH

Advertisement
Advertisement
This doesn't really have an affect on the schools. Just lets some of the top kids take more visits.

Like OCC says above, the School limit doesn't change.
It definitely has an effect. Because a school still has it's set numbers. Well what if you waste those numbers on kids who have lil to no interest in your school and just want a vacay and some social media pics to clout chase? What happened then it's you're ****ed because kids that have real interest in seeing us no longer get the exposure necessary. It can certainly help. But to not see the opposite side of the equation where we can't separate genuine interest from kids wanting vacays can and will **** us if we ain't careful.

Just because it’s allowable doesn’t mean schools have to grant multiple official visits. Don’t see the big deal really.

It definitely has an effect. Because a school still has it's set numbers. Well what if you waste those numbers on kids who have lil to no interest in your school and just want a vacay and some social media pics to clout chase? What happened then it's you're ****ed because kids that have real interest in seeing us no longer get the exposure necessary. It can certainly help. But to not see the opposite side of the equation where we can't separate genuine interest from kids wanting vacays can and will **** us if we ain't careful.
Hasn’t that always been the case though?

Advertisement
Hasn’t that always been the case though?
No. Because with kids being set to five officials unless they knew already where they wanted to go then they had to take those five visits real serious. If you were trying to get a free vacay then you had to trim someone off ur list. Now it's whatever. They can try to sell everyone that they love the schools and there's no repercussions for the players.

No. Because with kids being set to five officials unless they knew already where they wanted to go then they had to take those five visits real serious. If you were trying to get a free vacay then you had to trim someone off ur list. Now it's whatever. They can try to sell everyone that they love the schools and there's no repercussions for the players.
I guess I can see that but since schools are limited regardless they need to screen how serious these guys are. I think I would be concerned if I were Hawaii getting interest from these 5 stars all of a sudden

I guess I can see that but since schools are limited regardless they need to screen how serious these guys are. I think I would be concerned if I were Hawaii getting interest from these 5 stars all of a sudden

Hawaii has always been VERY careful with OVs, so they are already ahead of the curve on this issue.

Thought we already had a thread on this..

Advertisement
Aren't all programs figuring away around the official 5 anyway. With NIL, I can imagine it's very easy to cover expenses for a recruit and his +1s on as many unofficials as they want to take. This just further acknowledges the NCAA is powerless, IMO.

Advertisement
Miami, Hawaii, and USC bout to be paying for a lot these kids vacations.

Gonna take official visits for basketball to Hawaii, Chaminade, Hawaii Pacific and Hawaii-Hilo over one 10-day period.

Then spend a week taking OV's for football to UM, FAU and FIU.

Probably end it with a trip to Vegas to see UNLV and a couple local junior colleges.

Do it right and miss three fulls weeks of school — all expenses paid

Eh, I think the rule is fine. Idk how you can argue this as anything but good FOR THE PLAYERS. Schools will just have to adapt. And if it doesn’t work we will have to adjust or the NCAA may raise the amount of visits allowed…

Advertisement
Back