This is why you don’t declare early...

I agree, but I don’t blame Joe at all. Proud of what he achieved here and proud of what I think and hope he’ll achieve in the NFL and the rest of his life.

Ultimately. I want a team where sure fire first rounders better go pro at their first opportunity because they’re going to lose PT to the class behind them if they don’t go.

What we witnessed tonight is an abomination to the sport.

You seem to know a lot about football, so you do realize that there was football life and money being made before players could declare in three years? I don’t blame kids for leaving to start earning a living and after Melvin I think it is the way for those going high in the draft to go in skill positions. I do wonder about the stats for the linemen. Dline and oline is for full grown men. It would be interesting to see who those who leave early fair vs kids who grow anther year before going out to face 30 year old vets.

Advertisement
We’ll be fine. I’m worried whether we hit on these coaching hires, not whether we have a roster capable of winning the coastal. Playing those two teams tonight is a different story, but the funny thing is, things change with time. Win games, then worry about being “great” later.

12-2 or 11-3 next year would change the feel of things quite a bit. We have the roster to do that. Will we have the coaching?...

As Howard many years ago, all Miami needs to win NC is some good coaching. Nothing has changed. Butch delivered some much great talent that it made Dennis HOF and then later so much developed talent that it didn’t need a coach at all the first year.

As Howard many years ago, all Miami needs to win NC is some good coaching. Nothing has changed. Butch delivered some much great talent that it made Dennis HOF and then later so much developed talent that it didn’t need a coach at all the first year.

WTF?

Advertisement
If they left early they would’ve taken a pay cut. But good for them. The guy from Massachusetts who tripled the team GPA with his 3,0 is a good ball player. From his emotions at games end, he looked like he felt he made a reasonable decision for himself and his team.

We’ll be fine. I’m worried whether we hit on these coaching hires, not whether we have a roster capable of winning the coastal. Playing those two teams tonight is a different story, but the funny thing is, things change with time. Win games, then worry about being “great” later.

12-2 or 11-3 next year would change the feel of things quite a bit. We have the roster to do that. Will we have the coaching?...
To date have not seen a Qb on this roster capable of delivering 11 or 12 wins

They wanted to win, which ultimately cost them a couple million. Wish we had more kids with this mentality(looking at you joe Jackson)

And I’ll bet when they retire from the NFL and look back on their careers, not one of them will regret passing up several million for their senior seasons.

Advertisement
To date have not seen a Qb on this roster capable of delivering 11 or 12 wins

Last year, Malik had 10 and we didn’t play Arkansas State. You don’t need Dan Marino to win 11 games with our schedule.

Where is there?

“They’re” already got played, if you believe they aren’t already getting paid to stay at Clem$on. They were already first rounders when they stayed. Now one of them has a steroid suspension and the rest of them just played a full season “for free” when they could have been playing in the NFL for millions and been one year closer to “their” second contracts.

But yeah, slides and Jesus are why they stayed.

I think they did get paid + they had insurance as well. But to be fair, it is within the realm of possibility that they believe they could win another title, which they did.

What they accomplished tonight as a team, trumps money (which none of them lost tonight) IMO. Money can't replace memories or the brotherhood they formed.
You can’t tell this bunch that. Posters here are always like “Go get yo $$$ son”. Or “He gots to feed his fam”

Last year, Malik had 10 and we didn’t play Arkansas State. You don’t need Dan Marino to win 11 games with our schedule.
You beat me to it. Was about to post this about Malik and not playing Arkansas State. That's why it was so frustrating this year because we had the talent to possibly challenge but the offense laid a huge egg.

Advertisement
If I had a kid I'd have done what the Bosa and McCaffrey kids did. They were not in financial distress and they didn't even play the bowl game. And now they are paid for life, smart.

Talk to me about Joe Jackson when we're on the verge of a title. What's the pitch for him to stay? Next year we might overtake Pitt in the coastal for the right to lose 40-10 to Clemson in the ACCCG? Compelling.

The chance to win something in college. The nfl isn’t going anywhere and as long as he didn’t get hurt his draft stock would go up. Like the linebackers said(even though most fans don’t believe) make a run at a national title,

Advertisement
Good for Clemson Seniors who didn’t play themselves

It every kid cares about going to class and being a student athlete. Some see college football as a business decision to try and get to the NFL as soon as possible. It’s clear Clemson has a culture of recruiting kids who are bought into the program and school. Miami has a bunch or rogue warriors who only are thinking about the NFL.

I think all the years of Miami selling themselves as NFL U have caught up to them. Yes, they did a good job getting kids in the league but when that's all you're offering a potential recruit, he's not buying into team chemistry or winning titles. He wants to go league as fast as possible.

Advertisement
Back