This is why we still have high expectations...

Uom2001

Sophomore
1621560479123.jpeg

Us older people here still remember these days well...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd love to see a most appearances at #1 poll from 1986-1992.

Edit: 35 times #1 in AP poll from 1986-1992.

Last edited:
If the voters weren't biased morons voting us in at #2 in much of the '01 season (in addition to obviously should have finished 2000 at #1), we'd probably be #2.

And for those of you b!tching about "since 2010," please share what you have done for the University of Miami, without getting something in return, at any point. I'll wait.

Bama at 99x??? Got ****!

But yeah; ppl who accept this water down version of us are either too young or have thrown in the towel & have become OK w/ mediocrity.

On the other hand, one thing I can say; we gotta stop living in the past. These graphics just show how far we’ve strayed. I can almost guarantee that since the 2002 season, The University of Miami have been ranked #1 exactly 0 times.

Advertisement
View attachment 146971
Us older people here still remember these days well...

It's wild that no other state has more than one program on these lists and this state has THREE programs.

What other major program in the country has had to consistently fend off not one, but TWO other major programs in-state every year (never mind Bama, Georgia, LSU, Clemson and the like being knee-deep down here too).

Bama has Auburn in-state and that's it.
Texas has A&M in-state (i'm not talking overachievers like TCU and SMU, I mean perennial heavyweights/multiple national championship caliber programs) and that's it.
Penn State has Pitt in-state and that's it.
Michigan has Michigan State in-state and that's it.
Oklahoma has Oklahoma State in-state and that's it.

USC's not threatened by UCLA.
Georgia's not threatened by Georgia Tech.
Clemson's not threatened by South Carolina.
Washington's not threatened by Washington State.
Tennessee's not threatened by Vanderbilt.

Ohio State and LSU have no in-state rivals to even think about.

Meanwhile, Miami's gotta see TWO in-state multiple time national champions on the recruiting trail every year for almost every kid that's worth the worry.

It's a testament to how much talent is in the state of Florida that they always have three schools on EVERY list, but it's also annoying that Miami has to be in the only state where that's the case.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back