This is why Butch Barry is the most important position coach

I still stand by it. Sick of shuffling OL putting square pegs in round holes. I'd prefer some true tackles take their lumps now for the future.

Weak bump my man, everyone knew the tackles would struggle last night. Gaynor was just as disappointing.

Advertisement
I still stand by it. Sick of shuffling OL putting square pegs in round holes. I'd prefer some true tackles take their lumps now for the future.

Weak bump my man, everyone knew the tackles would struggle last night. Gaynor was just as disappointing.
Weak bump? The question of whether pur OL was good enough was a big issue. You want to get Jarren killed so some kid who isn’t ready can get practice?

What’s weak is how the narrative changes after the fact.

We lack OL talent, wouldn’t you agree?

Weak bump? The question of whether pur OL was good enough was a big issue. You want to get Jarren killed so some kid who isn’t ready can get practice?

What’s weak is how the narrative changes after the fact.

We lack OL talent, wouldn’t you agree?

#1 How's the narrative changed? Everyone expected OL struggles.

#2 That will be the best D we face all year so yes I'd prefer OL continuity and growing up together. Jarren is allowed to get rid of the ball also. A lot was on him so let's not give him a pass.

#3 A true Freshman 2 star tackle started at LT game one. That answers itself on the OL talent.

That said, they're talented enough for our schedule but lack experience. Let them gain experience.

Advertisement
As bad as our tackles were, I don’t think our interior line was very good either. Average at best.

Richt really missed on the evals of many of these guys. I’m hoping that the boys can come together and improve with some consistency, but the reality is that OL has to be the focus of our recruiting strategy moving forward.

Pass protection, run game, attitude of the offense...so much is dictated by those guys.

#1 How's the narrative changed? Everyone expected OL struggles.

#2 That will be the best D we face all year so yes I'd prefer OL continuity and growing up together. Jarren is allowed to get rid of the ball also. A lot was on him so let's not give him a pass.

#3 A true Freshman 2 star tackle started at LT game one. That answers itself on the OL talent.

That said, they're talented enough for our schedule but lack experience. Let them gain experience.
The narrative changes. Everyone did not expect OL disaster. ‘Struggles’ can mean room to grow, or it can mean ‘oh ****.’. You act like there was no news in last night’s OL performance. i disagree.

We have been discussing whether we had a talent deficiency at OL on this board for ages.

We clearly do. I admit to being optimistic about Nelson and what we were hearing and hoping for. i’m a fan, optimism is natural. but then you step back from it and realize we started an unprepared 2* true frosh at LT because we had no better options, not because he is the next mckinnie. and we have seen this show before, over and over.

The narrative changes. Everyone did not expect OL disaster. ‘Struggles’ can mean room to grow, or it can mean ‘oh ****.’. You act like there was no news in last night’s OL performance. i disagree.

We have been discussing whether we had a talent deficiency at OL on this board for ages.

We clearly do. I admit to being optimistic about Nelson and what we were hearing and hoping for. i’m a fan, optimism is natural. but then you step back from it and realize we started an unprepared 2* true frosh at LT because we had no better options, not because he is the next mckinnie. and we have seen this show before, over and over.

Struggles turned to "disaster" in part because Gaynor got his **** pushed in and Jarren wouldn't throw the ball away. Let's be real, there's a lot of blame to go around. First start for LT, RT, C and QB. Maybe we should give them a few games at least.

Advertisement
Struggles turned to "disaster" in part because Gaynor got his **** pushed in and Jarren wouldn't throw the ball away. Let's be real, there's a lot of blame to go around. First start for LT, RT, C and QB. Maybe we should give them a few games at least.
They’ll get their games whether we discuss this or not. You can sit out discussing until midseason if you want. i am simply commenting on what we saw.

And yes, it wasn’t all on zion by any means. that is kind of my point. our OL is deficient. I wrote elsewhere it was very unfair to blame the true frosh 2* at LT. He shouldn’t even be out there. It’s an indictment of our talent that he had to play, let alone start.

I think there were a LOT of communication issues last night. That led to a lot of the OL getting beat. They were getting beat off the snap. Some of that is communication, some of it is maybe they are just that slow, some of it could be on JW.
To me, the thing that wasn't surprising was that this game proved to be a really tough game to start off a new OL, new Qb, new OC, and new HC. Yeah when you think about that I suppose you could expect there to be some ugly penalties out there etc.
However, last years team FOLDED in a situation just like this against LSU, this team did not fold. They fought and despite all that was ugly had a chance to win that game. I think we can go on to really win a lot of games this year even with this OL.

Advertisement
Back