This is what I want to see on the 24th

Advertisement
I hope so i have never been so disinterested in miami football than i am now i hope manny diaz pulls a rabbit out of his hat but the day he was signed imo was the end of the program for the next 5-10 years i hope im wrong but i just cant see it
Whoa, take a deep breath brother. Go to the shore and kick your feet up and breathe.

I wholeheartedly disagree w/ you, respectfully.

We ended last season in horrible fashion. There's been all this talk about TNM, and if we lay another goose egg on national TV again, to another $EC program, not only will we be deflated, the optics don't look good.

There is absolutely ZERO positives taken from a loss to UF. Maybe if we went 9-4 last year, I would agree w/ you, but the psyche around this team is fragile af. This ain't the 2000 Canes, where they were coming off a 9-4 campaign, rattling off 4 victories in a row including a bowl win....this is the 2019 Canes that ended 2017 in horrible fashion, began 2018 in horrible fashion, and ended 2018 in horrible fashion.

We can't afford to lose this game; and yes, it's only one game, but this team ain't built for another let down...and our recruiting profile ain't built for another let down.
I need to come to LA and hang with you. I’m married with kids so no IE trips for things you pay double for Cotton.

FYI. Shore is what tourists call the beach.
I guess. The house I was in on down in Spring Lake was full of kids from Jersey. Glen Rock, HHK and Ridgewood. They all called it the Shore. This was long before some zipper heads made a show of it. If you went east of NYC you did not go to the beach, you went to the Hamptons. I had a house in Stone Harbor and all the Philly folk referred to it as the shore. In my neck of the woods, the beach is never referred to as the beach. Nantasket, The Cape, Nantucket, Hampton beach. Trying to figure out how one can be a tourist if he/she resides in said location.

Advertisement
It's the beach down here. When we hear someone call it the shore, we know they're not local.

Whoa, take a deep breath brother. Go to the shore and kick your feet up and breathe.

I did when richt left im not a big fan of the diaz hire at all hopefully im wrong this season reminds me of a golden era season i just think we had a chancexto finally get a homerun coach and we bailed out again

Intensity, Canes Football, total effort...

This was fun!

Notre Dame game was a **** of an evening, but was also the culmination of a lot of things—starting with an unexpected undefeated record and 8-0 start to the season, which resulted in tremendous hype, a night game and CollegeGameDay on campus. Had close calls gone the wrong way against Florida State, Georgia Tech, Syracuse or North Carolina, the Canes aren't on a roll—and that game wouldn't have been the full-blown, must-see event that it turned out to be. (Yes, it was Notre Dame's first trek to Miami since 1989, but it needed that #3 versus #7 match up to be what it was.)

Can't recall a time in recent memory where everything that could go Miami's way, did—which was nice to see after so much misfortune over the past several years. Conversely, the Irish couldn't get out of their own way—turning it over and wilting under the pressure of playing a an explosive HardRock environment. Soft-*** Notre Dame always used to the confines of home, or the occasional BigTen / ACC away game; they hadn't EVER seen anything like that they walked into that November night in South Florida. It was just lovely.

Road game in Orlando at a "neutral" site on August 24th—can't expect those type of breaks or everything to go UM's way; especially not with a new head coach in his first game or a new starting quarterback under center. Florida / Miami always seems to be a dog fight and this game will be no difference. Going to take intensity and total effort—as well as jumping on a higher-ranked foe early and never letting up. That was the ultimate key in beating the Irish; smacking them up silly before they had any idea what happened.

I did when richt left im not a big fan of the diaz hire at all hopefully im wrong this season reminds me of a golden era season i just think we had a chancexto finally get a homerun coach and we bailed out again

Where are all these mythical "home run" coaches our fans talk about—as if the college football landscape is littered with the second comings of Nick Saban, but Miami keeps swinging and missing.

News flash; Florida State settled on Willie Taggart because there weren't a lot of other options—and Texas A&M threw the kitchen sink at Jimbo Fisher as they felt he was one of only a few "greats" in the sport.

Florida as a ridiculous athletic budget and loaded alumni base of Bull Gators and look at their last two pulls; Jim McElwain and a safe choice in Dan Mullen when Choppers crashed and burned. (Will Muschamp was no prize either; his value only going up because Texas made him their head coach in waiting under Mack Brown back in the day. Speaking of which ... North Carolina just brought back the 67-year old Brown as picking are slim.)

Fact is, a lot of head coaches are happy where they're at. Not a lot of guys are leaving good current gigs for supposedly "great" opportunities—and when they do, Miami isn't the ideal destination for a lot of these guys who have families and a desire to coach in a true college town, with full-blown fan support, rich alumni and a next-level game-day experience as the biggest show in town.

Miami is—and will always be—a niche job, meaning it will take a homegrown guy like a Diaz, or a football alum to want to get on board to run this program. You're never going to see the big-named guys leave good gigs to take on the challenge of rebuilding the University of Miami.

Also, saying this reminds of you the Golden era is nonsensical. Mark Richt set this program on the right track over the past three years—getting an indoor practice facility built, pushing for assistants to make more money and changing the nutrition standards for football players.

Golden rolled in after Miami bottomed out with Randy Shannon and weeks before the season opener, things crashed and burned with the Nevin Sharpiro scandal and Yahoo! Sports story. Fast forward to 2019 and you have hype around Manny Diaz, a saved recruiting class, key players returning for their senior seasons (Pinckney, Quarterman)—which wasn't expected if Richt stuck around. Not to mention Diaz killing it with the Transfer Portal and adding some immediate-impact guys, while Richt spared the program a $20M buyout by walking away clean.

Nothing about 2019 feels at all like this time in 2011. Not even close.

Advertisement
Bud, I don’t know what to think anymore either. Like you, hoping for the best, fearing your doomsday scenario. Monmouth County can help ease your nerves so put it to good use.

I was disappointed too but I'm definitely more optimistic now. Hopefully he works out.

Four quarters of relentless pressure even as seconds tick away for a win constant throttle down MAX Q. ATTACK FINSIH.

This is all I want...................................FINISH

GOCANES

Advertisement
It is extremely important to beat UF. How dare anyone compare this game to LSU. This is the most hated opponent of all in week zero played in state. This is a must win game PERIOD

We must compete but no it’s not a must win. It’s huge for us because we hate the gator but history isn’t on our side. How many first time HC’s beat a rival in a prime time game for their first game ever? The gators have a full year head start on us in this game.

Look at Mullen’s first game against Michigan. It didn’t destroy their season or momentum.

I want this win more than anything because I live in North florida and hate the gators. However, I’ll be realistic that we won’t be the favorites in this

We must compete but no it’s not a must win. It’s huge for us because we hate the gator but history isn’t on our side. How many first time HC’s beat a rival in a prime time game for their first game ever? The gators have a full year head start on us in this game.

Look at Mullen’s first game against Michigan. It didn’t destroy their season or momentum.

I want this win more than anything because I live in North florida and hate the gators. However, I’ll be realistic that we won’t be the favorites in this
I disagree that it’s not a must win. You’re listening to too many locals. And BTW, I’m from Duval. UF doesn’t have anywhere near the trenches or overall talent LSU had last year. Yes, last years UF team beat LSU but this team doesn’t have the trenches that last years UF team had. They have no game tape on our offense. It doesn’t matter they are favored. That’s based on CMR’s team. Manny ain’t losing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fuuuuggg, every time someone posts that ND recap I say to myself "I'm not gonna watch it, why should I, I've seen it a hundred times..."

Make that 101 times.:11263364213-e8bdef3df9-o:

Advertisement
Back