This is what I want to see on the 24th

Advertisement
This a really big game. Manny has hyped everything to the max and beatting the.gator will open with an explosion. Losing will deflate us. Having one of the QBs show up big and defense shine will grab thre news cycle.
Losing won't deflate us.

We lasted all of 20 minutes against LSU. After that not only was the game over but anyone with half a brain to them knew Richt and co. did fvck all in the offseason and there was nothing to look forward to for the rest of the season. So THAT was deflating.

It sucks that it's the gators but there can be a ton of positives to take away even with a loss against them so long as we play them competitively throughout and it looks like the team is building it's way towards something big.

Miami sucks.

Average record since 2004: 7-5
Coastal titles since 2004: 1
Bowl wins since 2004: 3
ACC championships: 0

Someone hit me with legitimate reasons for why the expectation in 2019 shouldn't be 7-5.
There's our plucky little optimist.

How about because for the first time in 20 years every one of our opponents except Florida will likely not be ranked.

Miami sucks.

Someone hit me with legitimate reasons for why the expectation in 2019 shouldn't be 7-5.

Until proven otherwise.......

1p4id922DnwgE.gif

Advertisement
Miami sucks.

IMO I feel this is the 1st coach in a long time that seems to get Miami. He knows what’s makes Miami. Just needs players to play with fire and passion and we win 9 games.

IMO I feel this is the 1st coach in a long time that seems to get Miami. He knows what’s makes Miami. Just needs players to play with fire and passion and we win 9 games.

most surprising thing on that list was the three bowl wins lol. i can only remember one win after the 04 peach bowl against UF

There's our plucky little optimist.

How about because for the first time in 20 years every one of our opponents except Florida will likely not be ranked.

I'll give you that our schedule isn't daunting. But we've heard that before. What I'm getting at is trying to flip the narrative so that our expectations don't end up ****ing us off a few months from now. A normal person expects Miami to go 8-4 in 2019.

Manny has rejuvenated the program, at least energy wise. Who knows how it'll all play out. We've sucked for so long, I had grown numb. Since his hire and up until now, I at least feel some tingling in the toes now. Besides, my liver desperately needs for us to be relevant again ASAP.

Advertisement
I'll give you that our schedule isn't daunting. But we've heard that before. What I'm getting at is trying to flip the narrative so that our expectations don't end up ****ing us off a few months from now. A normal person expects Miami to go 8-4 in 2019.
Think of it as having a lottery ticket. Sure, the odds are against winning it all, but you just might win enough to be pleasantly surprised. And you've got that sense of euphoria over what might be until the numbers are drawn.

Enjoy our pending 2019 national championship for the next 66 days at least.

Think of it as having a lottery ticket. Sure, the odds are against winning it all, but you just might win enough to be pleasantly surprised. And you've got that sense of euphoria over what might be until the numbers are drawn.

Enjoy our pending 2019 national championship for the next 66 days at least.

Right now feels like Thanksgiving in July. Thankful that Richt saw the light and stepped down because if not, you couldn't pay me to care about the upcoming season.

Losing won't deflate us.

We lasted all of 20 minutes against LSU. After that not only was the game over but anyone with half a brain to them knew Richt and co. did fvck all in the offseason and there was nothing to look forward to for the rest of the season. So THAT was deflating.

It sucks that it's the gators but there can be a ton of positives to take away even with a loss against them so long as we play them competitively throughout and it looks like the team is building it's way towards something big.

I wholeheartedly disagree w/ you, respectfully.

We ended last season in horrible fashion. There's been all this talk about TNM, and if we lay another goose egg on national TV again, to another $EC program, not only will we be deflated, the optics don't look good.

There is absolutely ZERO positives taken from a loss to UF. Maybe if we went 9-4 last year, I would agree w/ you, but the psyche around this team is fragile af. This ain't the 2000 Canes, where they were coming off a 9-4 campaign, rattling off 4 victories in a row including a bowl win....this is the 2019 Canes that ended 2017 in horrible fashion, began 2018 in horrible fashion, and ended 2018 in horrible fashion.

We can't afford to lose this game; and yes, it's only one game, but this team ain't built for another let down...and our recruiting profile ain't built for another let down.

I wholeheartedly disagree w/ you, respectfully.

We ended last season in horrible fashion. There's been all this talk about TNM, and if we lay another goose egg on national TV again, to another $EC program, not only will we be deflated, the optics don't look good.

There is absolutely ZERO positives taken from a loss to UF. Maybe if we went 9-4 last year, I would agree w/ you, but the psyche around this team is fragile af. This ain't the 2000 Canes, where they were coming off a 9-4 campaign, rattling off 4 victories in a row including a bowl win....this is the 2019 Canes that ended 2017 in horrible fashion, began 2018 in horrible fashion, and ended 2018 in horrible fashion.

We can't afford to lose this game; and yes, it's only one game, but this team ain't built for another let down...and our recruiting profile ain't built for another let down.

12 games in the season. Not one. If 2017 was reversed who would complain? Realistically, this UF game is 100% pride and bragging rights, but it won't decide our season. However, simply as a fan.. can we just relive the ND/VT experience on Aug 24?

Advertisement
12 games in the season. Not one. If 2017 was reversed who would complain? Realistically, this UF game is 100% pride and bragging rights, but it won't decide our season. However, simply as a fan.. can we just relive the ND/VT experience on Aug 24?

Same chit excuse every year. It's like everyone has been living under a f'ing rock for the past 15 yrs. It's like everyone has been living under a freeway overpath for the past 4 yrs. NOTHING is one game w/ this team. We're not and have not been in a position to even make such an absurd comment. These "one games" have led to a bludgeoning of losing streaks.

Advertisement
Hate to say it, but the LSU game set the tone last season, and the UF game will probably do the same. So a win would be hella nice

Thank you...perception, morale, rivalry, beating "the mighty" $EC...bruh, it's a lot going in on game 1. Our mental focus is so unfocused right now, and we ended the season hella wack last yr. We can't end wack and start off wack (ala 2017)

Losing won't deflate us.

No good can come losing to gator. Nice that u think that way but having been in the OB for the flop I just can’t.

Oh ye of little faith! Fl has only beat us once in the last 8 tries..freakin Golden with D'ono's defense. No reason for us to lose to the gator! Just like fsu had their best game against us (but still lost) this is a rivalry game that Fl has taken for granted and we know our recruiting and pride is on the line. We will have hall of fame and NFL guests all Canes on our side pushing and encouraging our team to victory. Who's Fl gonna have? Tebow?

Last edited:
Wat Canedog want to see on da 24th? A lot of fights outside the stadium before the game - like the old days.

Advertisement
Back