THIS IS THE YEAR #CANESNATION NO EXCUSES

Canes129

Recruit
We need to have a good year this year on the field and recruiting....2013,2014 Was 1 of the best classes ever in south florida not only we didn't get the majority of the top tier talent but florida state just won a national title....LET ME BE REAL **** CHASING 5 STARS 4 STARS WHAT EVER ALL THAT **** DONT MATTER IF YOU DONT HAVE GOOD COACHING ALL THAT STARS **** WONT MEAN NOTHING...NOW THAT ALL OF RANDY SHANNON PLAYERS ON DEFENSE IS GONE AL GOLDENS DEFENSE HAS NO EXCUSE.....IM REALISTIC AND WILL SAY ACC CHAMPIONSHIP BCS BOWL AND TOP 3 RECRUITING CLASS IM SATISFIED..BECAUSE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN IF FLORIDA STATE WINS ANOTHER TITLE ITS OVER FOR MIAMI AND THE SEMINOLES HAS THE TALENT TO MAKE A DYNASTY.....LETS GO CANES...PLEASE COMMENT UR OPINION....

Advertisement
Advertisement
prepare to be disapointed... not trying to be negative but this isnt going to be "The Year"

but I guess that all depends on your goals and definitions for "The Year"

Im not sure if they were in the all caps part of your post or not... didnt read it

Advertisement
BCS Bowl game and Top 3 recruiting class?

I don't think that's a very realistic outlook for a team with a first-time starter, best player coming off injury from a team that didn't win 10 games the year before.

I definitely think it's something that is possible, but I wouldn't MANDATE that type of season for "satisfaction".

Advertisement
Can we just sticky a no excuses thread so all of the "brave" fans can make their once a week "smart" post.

Rewind a few years and I remember quite a few (rational) people looking at our roster, the NCAA crap, the program in general and saying "2014" when we should be at our peak.

Well, we may be at our peak so far but the roster definitely isn't as good as I hoped for. I expected BCS contention this season and I don't see that. It still should be a most talented team we have had in years though.

Advertisement
I agree there should be not excuses this year. We are no going anywhere if the QB situation does not play out well. We need a Miami caliber QB that we have not had in years. This is Al's 4th year. He will have 4 of his own scholarship QBs(plus Williams-his transfer) on team. One has to show the goods or defense is not the only reason to make a change. In to day's football HC and QB are tied at the hip. If Al does not have one this year, it is all on him and that should be stick a fork in it time. Howard was gifted Kelly, but he brought in Bernie and Vinny -- great coach. JJ was gifted Bernie and Vinny and brought in Steve -- great coach. Dennis -- Craig and Geno -- lot of weaknesses but 2NCs and therefor great coach. Butch was left with nobody but left us Kenny who made Coaker a temporally great coach until he failed to bring in a great QB. Randy put everything on one guy and failed. Golden has spread his bet around -- jury is out but verdict comes in this year. If one of these guys does not make us smile and nod with that "oh yeah, we got one" feeling, there is nothing left to be said. If you cannot get the QN you need you are not a HC, period.

Iol at top three class. We will be lucky to be in the top thirty. We are only taking like 18 kids. The top five teams already have more more four and five stars than we will end up with.

Advertisement
Back