This is Sad

ChosenOne

Band
Banned
Bruh. I might sound crazy and maybe I am but that 2014 Miami Hurricanes team should of been one of our better squad in the past 15 years. I know, I know they went 7-6 but like most of us know that scheme was a talent killer. Bro I never noticed the team speed on that team before because the scheme was so terrible and it honestly might be better then this year's team and we might go 10-1/9-2 this year. I know I sound crazy but just watch a game from that year look the speed of that team. It honestly, a shame. I personally think if you gave that team this coaching staff and scheme they would thumb this year's team. Bruh I know your like "WTF?" bro just go look at 1 or 2 games and just watch the speed we didn't take advantage of. Go look just take 5-10 minutes and tell me I'm wrong. I'm sure your like "well if they were so talented why did they go 7-6!" the same reason LSU is about to go 5-7 despite is top THREE classes the last 4 years. I'm telling you don't look at the game or formation or players just the overall speed on offense and defense and tell me that team couldn't go 11-1 with this staff/scheme.

Advertisement
We went 6-7 that year. Why does beating FSU bring all the trolls out?

I'm just saying that year was such a waste of talent and team speed that might be better then what we have right now in term of overall speed: Burns, Elders, Dorsett, Coley, Waters, Jenkins, Perryman, Grace, McCord, Duke etc. Was just something I noticed but man coaching goes a long way.

Last edited:
The OP has a point. Look at the Cane talent in the NFL from that team. With better coaching, more of the 2014 Canes play in the NFL. This is the kind of team that Butch would have coached up to national contention. Folden and friends did not know how to utilize Miami talent.

Advertisement
That team played with no heart a lot of times and caved in when sh*t went bad. I haven’t seen a Miami team fight a rival like we did last week vs fsu against an elite defense after being sdominated since Berlin’s come back win vs uf probably. Yeah the 2014 team was very talented but we lost to a bunch of trash teams like Virginia, Pitt and others
That team only beat 3 power 5 conference teams that year(unc , va tech and duke) 3 non power 5 teams(famu, Arkansas state and Cincinnati) and lost 7 games against power 5 teams...

Last edited:
It's not hard to figure out why that squad went 6-7. After we lost to FSU, it was another loss that continued the streak and this was in Golden's 4th year where it showed there's been no progress in the program since Shannon. You could see the body language against Virginia and Pitt and knew that most of the team checked out. Everyone also saw how desperate Golden was to win the bowl game given that he almost ran Duke into the ground.

Advertisement
What a weird thread. We just beat FSU and this guy is watching highlights from the Golden years on YouTube. This can't be real.

We’ve talked about that team as nauseam. Team was full of pros and Alf Gluten just killed it.

why are people living in the past? why would you remind yourself how ****** the staph and program was?

the 1017 canes are ranked 11th and need to beat Gatech's *** on Saturday. that is all that matters

Advertisement
I have a great judge of good/****** posters. Glad I have this guy blocked.

According to the NFL one of the most talented rosters, at least first string in the nation. The fact you can have a losing record with that... well you know the story.

Lol at Dorsett. Amazing how fast he was with cinder blocks for hands.

(never forgot the ND drops) :/

Advertisement
Believe that 6-7 team put the 2nd most kids in that year's draft. I know, crazy. Team should have been 9 or 10 wins.

Advertisement
Back