This is Sad

That got **** Folden should've been fired long before 2014, but after we lost 4 in a row to the end season he definitely should've been gone.

Never seen a team quit so ****** bad in my life. ****** Al got damnit ****** Folden. (**** still ****es me off to this day smh)

What's crazy is, that class brought us Chad Thomas, DJack, Trent, Moten, Kaaya, Berrios, Rosier, Darling, Herndon, Choc Gray, Owens, Njoku, McDermott, Yearby, Langham & Mike Smith.

But, the misses we had are even more glaring smh... Just a lot bad memories I'm still slowly getting over.

Last edited:
Advertisement
People think every thought that comes to their head deserves its own ******* thread

We went 6-7 that year. Why does beating FSU bring all the trolls out?

I'm just saying that year was such a waste of talent and team speed that might be better then what we have right now in term of overall speed: Burns, Elders, Dorsett, Coley, Waters, Jenkins, Perryman, Grace, McCord, Duke etc. Was just something I noticed but man coaching goes a long way.

The great teams have something in common...they all have great offensive and defensive lines. The bad teams also have something in common...average to bad offensive and defensive lines. The 2014 team had line issues, thus the record they posted was warranted.

I'm just saying that year was such a waste of talent and team speed that might be better then what we have right now in term of overall speed: Burns, Elders, Dorsett, Coley, Waters, Jenkins, Perryman, Grace, McCord, Duke etc. Was just something I noticed but man coaching goes a long way.

The great teams have something in common...they all have great offensive and defensive lines. The bad teams also have something in common...average to bad offensive and defensive lines. The 2014 team had line issues, thus the record they posted was warranted.

The full 2014 starting oline is in the NFL....????????? Al just ******* sucked

Uh.. No. that 2014 O-line was the best O-line we've had in recent memory. Duke ran for 1,652 that year.. I don't care how great a RB is you don't get past 1,300 yards w/o a good O-line. Period. Kaaya threw for 3,100 as well.

Also, I'm not talking about the heart or leadership of that team I'm talking about the overall speed of 4.4, 4.5 guys at least that were starting that was on that team. Our D-line, well more so our DT, was the problem because Folden kept fattening or targeting fat, nonathletic DT in Recruiting, JUCO, or by Transfer when we had Athletic DT on the roster that could run Manny's 4-3 scheme. Our rush-end would of been AQM, Chad and Trent (before they were fatten up losing some of their athletism), McCord etc. We even had a really good FB in Tucker who Richt could use right now for the GL.

All I'm saying is when we get that type of speed again and use it correctly man it gonna be fun.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That team played with no heart a lot of times and caved in when sh*t went bad. I haven’t seen a Miami team fight a rival like we did last week vs fsu against an elite defense after being sdominated since Berlin’s come back win vs uf probably. Yeah the 2014 team was very talented but we lost to a bunch of trash teams like Virginia, Pitt and others
That team only beat 3 power 5 conference teams that year(unc , va tech and duke) 3 non power 5 teams(famu, Arkansas state and Cincinnati) and lost 7 games against power 5 teams...

Brock, you use the term "elite" waaaaaaayyyy too often...Lmao...kind of defeats the purpose of using that term since it should be applied as the exception to a rule, not the standard. FSU defense is not elite. If we are talking CFB defense and elite, that term likely only belongings to Bama, maybe Clemson at this point.

Advertisement
That team was weak in the ternches, guysm.

Plus Golden could take Saban's recruits and go 6 - 6 with his dumbass WeFense and non existent halftime adjustments.

The OP has a point. Look at the Cane talent in the NFL from that team. With better coaching, more of the 2014 Canes play in the NFL. This is the kind of team that Butch would have coached up to national contention. Folden and friends did not know how to utilize Miami talent.

He does have a point. Another point would be to leave it the fck alone already, we've been through this so many times.

Advertisement

Uh.. No. that 2014 O-line was the best O-line we've had in recent memory. Duke ran for 1,652 that year.. I don't care how great a RB is you don't get past 1,300 yards w/o a good O-line. Period. Kaaya threw for 3,100 as well.

Also, I'm not talking about the heart or leadership of that team I'm talking about the overall speed of 4.4, 4.5 guys at least that were starting that was on that team. Our D-line, well more so our DT, was the problem because Folden kept fattening or targeting fat, nonathletic DT in Recruiting, JUCO, or by Transfer when we had Athletic DT on the roster that could run Manny's 4-3 scheme. Our rush-end would of been AQM, Chad and Trent (before they were fatten up losing some of their athletism), McCord etc. We even had a really good FB in Tucker who Richt could use right now for the GL.

All I'm saying is when we get that type of speed again and use it correctly man it gonna be fun.

Uh, that offensive line gave up 20 sacks and about three times as many hurries. And if not for the countless bubble screens that sack total would have been considerably higher. As for Duke...C'mon, did you even watch the games? **** near all of his yardage was due to his almost incomparable elusiveness and quickness. Miami's line play on both sides of the ball over the last decade plus has been at best below average to deplorable...and that sure as **** includes 2014!

Last edited:

Uh, that offense line gave up 20 sacks and about three times as many hurries. And if not for the countless bubble screens that sack total would have been considerably higher. As for Duke...C'mon, did you even watch the games? **** near all of his yardage was due to his almost incomparable elusiveness and quickness. Miami's line play on both sides of the ball over the last decade plus has been at best below average to deplorable...and that sure as **** includes 2014!

Not saying our O-line was great just saying it is probably better then this group we have now. Duke had 160 yards vs FSU who made the playoff that year and was the last RB to get over 100 yards vs FSU. Also had 93 yards vs a Nebraska team that was routinely in the top 20 in defense under Bo Pelini.

Again, I'm not talking about the result I'm talking more about the speed we had overall. Just something I noticed.

Uh, that offense line gave up 20 sacks and about three times as many hurries. And if not for the countless bubble screens that sack total would have been considerably higher. As for Duke...C'mon, did you even watch the games? **** near all of his yardage was due to his almost incomparable elusiveness and quickness. Miami's line play on both sides of the ball over the last decade plus has been at best below average to deplorable...and that sure as **** includes 2014!

Not saying our O-line was great just saying it is probably better then this group we have now. Duke had 160 yards vs FSU who made the playoff that year and was the last RB to get over 100 yards vs FSU. Also had 93 yards vs a Nebraska team that was routinely in the top 20 in defense under Bo Pelini.

Again, I'm not talking about the result I'm talking more about the speed we had overall. Just something I noticed.

I'm with ya! Go Canes!!

Advertisement

What? Our o-line is much better this year.

Advertisement
Back