This is Miami

Advertisement
I'm tired of the "Eh. You'll do." style of Miami hiring. Honestly, it started before many fans admit. Yes, Paul Dee sucked. Admit it. Despite half the board thinking Butch Davis was some unbelievably great hire, he wasn't. Butch recruited well thanks to the U on his chest that represented 4 recent National Titles. Paul Dee was hired by Tad Foote to bury this program. Mission accomplished.

Paul Dee hired "National Champs to National Chumps" Butch Davis, assuming a coach with no HC experience would be just good enough, then when he exceeded expectations, denied him a legit raise or extension. Then he promoted another coordinator without HC experience. Then another.

Shalala continued the tradition with Hocutt and Eichorst, responsible for both hiring and extending Golden.

Blake James at least took some time to replace Golden and got an alumnus who actually accomplished something in college football. Unfortunately, Richt's heart wasn't in it and he was wise enough to retire before his heart scare a year later.

Blake spent no time replacing Richt. Zero. Here we are.

Nothing worse than keeping an AD who Is a glorified ticket salesman. Again Alonzo put his plan on the fable, the administration got cold feet and we are who we pretend to be.... a mediocre P5 football team going nowhere
Literally the guy was who I was directed to call years ago by someone of significance at UM when I needed tickets for a game. Next thing I know he’s the AD.

For some reason, the school has no desire to field a top football team despite the fact that Miami wouldn’t be in near as good of a position as it is if it weren’t for the great teams of the past.

Without the desire to win from the administration, this is all we’ll get.
Agreed. We have to stop pretending to be serious about football and get serious about football. Hiring Highsmith would have shown everyone that we're serious. Instead we hire Ed Reed and give him a title with no power and no job functions. More pretending.

Advertisement
There isn't leadership or discipline at UM... Everything is relaxed and fun. Any time a coach actually tries to bring discipline and criticises players when they mess up, they get fired.. "Our Players Don't Learn That Way".....

I'm tired of the "Eh. You'll do." style of Miami hiring. Honestly, it started before many fans admit. Yes, Paul Dee sucked. Admit it. Despite half the board thinking Butch Davis was some unbelievably great hire, he wasn't. Butch recruited well thanks to the U on his chest that represented 4 recent National Titles. Paul Dee was hired by Tad Foote to bury this program. Mission accomplished.

Paul Dee hired "National Champs to National Chumps" Butch Davis, assuming a coach with no HC experience would be just good enough, then when he exceeded expectations, denied him a legit raise or extension. Then he promoted another coordinator without HC experience. Then another.

Shalala continued the tradition with Hocutt and Eichorst, responsible for both hiring and extending Golden.

Blake James at least took some time to replace Golden and got an alumnus who actually accomplished something in college football. Unfortunately, Richt's heart wasn't in it and he was wise enough to retire before his heart scare a year later.

Yep. The only coaches who are even qualified to be offered a job without interviews are Saban, Dabo, and Urban. But left up to Blake James, he gives away a power 5 job, in under 24 hours, to a coach with no experience, without fielding interest. Smmfh.

Until this guy is gone, nothing changes,

bj.jpg

Advertisement
Literally the guy was who I was directed to call years ago by someone of significance when I needed tickets for a game. Next thing I know he’s the AD.
I joke around on occasion but I guarantee you that Zo’s plan was major league. One of your esteemed colleagues could not understand why Alonzo wanted to bring in his own AD! G would run the business side of the operation, Alonzo the football ops, there is a huge difference. Don’t get upset but do you think Blake James could’ve pulled off what Gene Smith did at Ohio State and change the rules at the last minute to get them into the playoffs. That is Major college college football we are Pop Warner and if the CIS All Stars are upset with the comparison so he it. Reality will bite you in the *** at times

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing worse than keeping an AD who Is a glorified ticket salesman. Again Alonzo put his plan on the fable, the administration got cold feet and we are who we pretend to be.... a mediocre P5 football team going nowhere
On a different note, I gave your profile a tagline of “Make Youngstown Young Again!” I can change it out of course.

Here’s a possible avatar for you

9F717C56-DC10-488B-9A60-AC2CC05CE4FE.jpeg

Or

62F02489-1F29-4363-AE3C-EB1434B07078.png

I joke around on occasion but I guarantee you that Zo’s plan was major league. One of your esteemed colleagues could not understand why Alonzo wanted to bring in his own AD! G would run the business side of the operation, Alonzo the football ops, there is a huge difference. Don’t get upset but do you think Blake James yeah could’ve pulled off what Gene Smith did at Ohio State and change the rules at the last minute to get them into the playoffs. That is Meat your college football we are Pop Warner
We never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

We're all on the same walk.. and it aint gonna stop anytime soon.

e242e059a32060c94012d350343df011.gif

Best thing we can do right now is...

tumblr_p88zxxt2181t0gmsbo1_400.jpg

Advertisement
I told my friend last night basically everything that’s been said already. He asked what happened to Miami. I gave him the 15 year run down of bs that we all know to well

it all starts at the top. From the president to the ad to the hc. We are what we are. A middle of the road acc school happy to take the money

we waste more talent than anyone including FSU

This is the program! This is what is has become. A middle of the pack ACC school that struggles to beat other middle of the pack programs in conference. A team that when it steps out side this weak *** conference, always looks like it would be 5 win team maybe in said conference. There will be some highs, ND 17, WVU 2016, etc.

Guys will continue to pound the table about coaching changes and there may be some, then you will allow yourself to feel like its trending in the right direction, only to be disappointed cuz you thought that was enough.

The program will put together a good recruiting class this year like it has on a few occasions in the past. Then fast forward to 3 years down the line, we will be arguing about this guy not panning out or why this kid didn't get playing time.

I don't know who to blame: Blake, the BOT, Frenk, and it really doesn't matter.

People continue waiting for the light to switch on at Greentree/Hecht and it is not coming. We have had some of the most historic losses just in the past two years alone. Amazing. We rushed to hire Manny ****kin Diaz.

We watched the Miami program in a nutshell last night. Poor Coaching, Unprepared Defense, 2/4 of the Special Teams is useless (Punt/Kick Returning--We really didn't run a kick or punt back all season that I recall), Favoritism despite it costing you over and over again, Poor Clock Management, Penalties, worst starting WRs, missed tackles, blown assignment, I could go on but whatever.

Here's to another offseason win, that results in this team continuing the trend of the past 15+ years.

I enjoy this forum. Lot of funny people in this joint. Helps with the program being stuck in mediocrity, which is a generous term.
Tell me something I didn't already know. duh. Yet I still feel your pain.

Nevertheless, there's always a silver lining behind a dark ominous cloud. huh? In other words, at least Miami isn't ther SUCKER program right now. lmfao Cornsucker's pay their OVERRATED head coach nearly " SIX MILLION dollars " annually, to witness THREE COSECUTIVE losing seasons. lol And they give said fake tough cry baby HC a contract extension prior to the 2020 season. Ouch. ****. It must be nice to get an extension because of TWO straight LOSING seasons. lmfao

For example, FIVE LOSING seasons the past seven seasons. And with EXPERIENCED head coaches. AND A FAR GREATER football cash cow than the Miami, Florida Hurricane football program!!

@The Franchise was right when he said we were not an above average team. Our weak schedule (Pitt and NC State didn’t have their QB’s) and 1 loss record had many fooled. Trust your eyes. Stats are incredibly misleading especially in the ACC.

Advertisement
For some reason, the school has no desire to field a top football team despite the fact that Miami wouldn’t be in near as good of a position as it is if it weren’t for the great teams of the past.

Without the desire to win from the administration, this is all we’ll get.
It will never change. These clowns don't give a ****, so why should we? They don't even care about academics anymore. Place is a dumpster fire.

Half Assed U

I just wish if the school really is not committed to winning football games I wish they would say so and shut the program down so I can stop being let down and move on with my life. Sick of the bull**** with this admin Bot and AD they do absolutely nothing to help us win

Advertisement
Back