This is how I feel about the direction of the U

Advertisement
Yes, we can remove the kicker, but u can’t conveniently remove a project OLman b/c that’s a true “evaluation.” That would still have our class as the only class w/in, not the top 10, but top 20, that has a sub 50% blue chip to player ratio. No class in the top 20 have as many 3* as we do, & that’s removing the K from the equation.

In fact, we have to go all the way back to the class of 2014 to see us have this many 3* in a single class. So, we better hit on these evaluations, and we better hit on these player developments. We’ve already seen cracks in the class of 2022 w/ blue chip players not hitting, so let’s see; but, regardless WE MUST HIT ON QB. I can’t stress that enough.
I was going with the per player average you stated in your first post.
i understand the number of 3 stars we have. I’d rather have more 4 stars, of course.
But with the 3-stars we do have, we would have a top-7 per player average by not recruiting a kicker and 1 OL project.

That has to mean that not all of our 3-stars are reaches/development projects.
It’s just numbers.

Agree 1000 on QB.

Advertisement

SIAP but I agree with this and have since Mario got here. Y’all can argue it amongst yourselves just letting people know where I am at.

Some people think that we are a QB away from competing for the NC. I think we are 3/4 classes away. Nobody can win without a lot of serious talent, Mario is no different. This is why I hope JB starts next year and succeeds. This staff needs to prove that it can identify and develop QBs and CBs before they can get the elite talent at those positions. Current recruiting reflects this.
Mario and staff have already proven that they can develop OL and kids trust that Taylor can do the same and that is why Mario has recruited the trenches so well this early. DB coach needs to develop lesser talent into really good ball players before elite players will come. Just my opinion of course.

But due to the class size… we are also hearing “roster crunch” …
Agree it has to be dealt with, but the potential numbers coming in hasn’t changed since the summer.
This isn’t something that’s popped up last week, so, hopefully the crunching plan has been in place.

Agree it has to be dealt with, but the potential numbers coming in hasn’t changed since the summer.
This isn’t something that’s popped up last week, so, hopefully the crunching plan has been in place.

Agreed. There is really no reason to hear, we can’t take corners we need from the portal because we don’t have room…

Lol bot accounts to sway opinion. What a pathetic attempt.
I have no clue what youre talking about? Consistent top 15 classes could not even get us ranked at the end of the year. Consistent top 5 classes can. I think Mario raises our floor. Taking us to the promise land is not likely.

Advertisement
I have no clue what youre talking about? Consistent top 15 classes could not even get us ranked at the end of the year. Consistent top 5 classes can. I think Mario raises our floor. Taking us to the promise land is not likely.
Raises the floor to what? What kind of argument is that? CMR raised our floor. Manny did as good or better than Mario every single year. Marios best players? Mannys guys. Recruiting? Our TE room is full of 4 stars and Mario starts a 3 star. Get that **** out of here. We have the players not the coach.

Here's how I feel:

We care more about directions than results.

The same people defended Golden. The same people defended Manny. The same people are defending Mario.

Waiting for another post about "I didn't want Mario BUT blah blah blah.

Wake me up when we win the coastal.
I didn’t defend those guys cause what they brought in was fake. I didn’t agree with the masses that we were recruiting elite talent. I thought it wasn’t Miami caliber imo then.

Advertisement
Raises the floor to what? What kind of argument is that? CMR raised our floor. Manny did as good or better than Mario every single year. Marios best players? Mannys guys. Recruiting? Our TE room is full of 4 stars and Mario starts a 3 star. Get that **** out of here. We have the players not the coach.
Read my first post bro. I said I wanted a true X and O guy because we do less with more. I agree with you. Im making the point that I don't think Mario brings us to the promise land but brings enough talent that we can start finishing ranked again. Not saying that should be our standard more so that's how much we have sucked. 14 times unranked in last 19 seasons.

Some people think that we are a QB away from competing for the NC. I think we are 3/4 classes away. Nobody can win without a lot of serious talent, Mario is no different. This is why I hope JB starts next year and succeeds. This staff needs to prove that it can identify and develop QBs and CBs before they can get the elite talent at those positions. Current recruiting reflects this.
Mario and staff have already proven that they can develop OL and kids trust that Taylor can do the same and that is why Mario has recruited the trenches so well this early. DB coach needs to develop lesser talent into really good ball players before elite players will come. Just my opinion of course.
I’m not sure on JB
But we are
Def a few years away, just watching Georgia was all the reality I needed to see

Advertisement
here's how I feel about it;

tumblr_mmuuvpifCK1sp9fcho1_400.gif

I’m not sure on JB
But we are
Def a few years away, just watching Georgia was all the reality I needed to see
JB is no sure thing BUT he’s the best QB that Mario has recruited and I believe that it’s really important that he becomes at least serviceable (I personally think he becomes a quality starter). If he portals out then this will get really ugly.

1704149870646.gif
Regardless of how we feel, Mario, Dawson, JB and Emory are what he have next season. Hopefully, the Canes coaches and players have learned from their mistakes because I don’t see any high calibre transfer QBs walking into this program

Miami has the 5th best overall class based upon size, & the 14th best overall class based upon player avg. This video also neglects to articulate our biggest flaw has been production at the QB position. Until we figure that out, everything else is moot.

Also, Miami has always had a talent advantage vs. all other opponents EXCEPT when they’ve played Clemson in a cross over conference game.
You gotta lay off that fact ****.

Advertisement
Back