This has to stop man

Advertisement
100% agree with you, CIO. I'll say it again for emphasis: I fully agree with you that Manny cannot outcoach Saban. Period.

But.... and for argument's sake... I will say this: Manny's only hope is to surround himself with a staff that is elite. Yeah, I know that is virtually impossible to do, but again, if Manny can get a good staff around him where he is just the overseer of the ship and not the actual Captain, then he's got a shot at success.

Manny just needs to be the guy who markets the organization, recruits the top talent and acts as our staunch advocate to the BOT / school leadership. If he can just do that but keep a competent staff that he can empower and stay out of their way, then he's got a shot.

Otherwise and back to my original statement, he doesn't stand a chance against Saban.

Our offensive staff is great

Young OC with something to show for it
OL coach with HC experience, worked under Kiffin, player for Tricket
TE coach who can recruit
WR coach who has put receivers in the league

The only defensive staff member is Banda

Advertisement
Our offensive staff is great

Young OC with something to show for it
OL coach with HC experience, worked under Kiffin, player for Tricket
TE coach who can recruit
WR coach who has put receivers in the league

The only defensive staff member is Banda

Agreed. This is the best I've felt about our coaching staff since the early Coker years. Manny has both overall a good staff and some good talent. He's definitely got a lot to work with. Hope he can show some good results this season.

Before 2021 comes the 2020 season. Now I’d love nothing more than to put a 50 bagger on Miami to smack those toothless ******* and win the opener in ‘21. But right now before that I’d love nothing more than to see the off-season extend into the regular season and the Canes snagging 10 W’s, the Coastal title, and a mighty **** good showing in the ACCCG. Then go out and win a nice NY6 bowl. All of that will throw momentum nicely to us going into 2021 and show recruits and players that we can get the ship steering in the right direction.

I agree with a lot of what’s been mentioned here. I’m more focused on winning 10/11 this year and closing recruiting with a bang. We have had great news so far with prospects and Kitchens is coming soon!

We absolutely can’t lay an egg against Alabama. We have to show up and play strong! Obviously winning recruiting battles like James Williams would help. I know lol Duh, some will say. But I agree off a big year this year we have to play Alabama tough.

Being from Connecticut I don’t see the big time talent you all do in Florida and Georgia etc. But I have seen Van Dyke play. I don’t know if he is going to start the Bama game, but he has a sensational arm. He can put the ball anywhere he chooses to. He is accurate and can make all the throws. But the experience of Perry may be what they choose to go with. I’m just simply letting you all know how impressive TVD is in my opinion.

It’s one thing to try and compete with those SEC bags when we are winning even harder when we are losing to FIU and La Tech.We didn’t keep all the five stars when we were ruling CFB and we won’t if/when we rule it again.Just the way it is...

I’ll be happy if we start keeping 95% of the kids we want at home and this staff has us headed in that direction.Now all we have to do is win and that 95% will stay home.we can only keep 25 a year and Lord knows there’s waaaaaay more than 25 studs coming out of the area.But to think that every year a Bama,or UGA or Clemson or any of those teams dropping huge bags isn’t going to pull a high rated kid out of here is ludicrous.We all know there are just families who cherish the bag more than staying home.What we have to do is make them sorry they chose the bag over winning a ring putting on for the home folk..

Advertisement
Boggles this idiots mind how this is happening?!? It's called redneck boosters with serious money bags...What is so shocking about it? Recruits are like mercenaries, selling their services to the highest bidder.

Advertisement
Never would've started if we had the right fella running the show.

Butch.jpg

We need all the Juniors to stay for 21 or this won’t stop.

This 247 mfer just can’t help himself. Has to continually put down Miami any chance he can get and then he goes on and predicts UNC as a Darkhorse for the college football playoff.
If we land another elite local player I’m sure another video will come out.

Advertisement
This 247 mfer just can’t help himself. Has to continually put down Miami any chance he can get and then he goes on and predicts UNC as a Darkhorse for the college football playoff.

I think his points on Miami are often echoed and debated on here. I think his argument is the same as Miami fans being annoyed with the #2rings1chain while losing to FIU, Duke, and LA Tech. Dont think Miami can get back without true competition. The players that PROVE themselves to be the best have to play and it raises everyone else's level in the process. Will WR be open to everyone, not just Pope, Wiggins & Harley? Will CB not just be handed to Blades and Ivey? Can one of the freshmen win the starting RB job? Can anyone other than McCloud and Brooks win a LB job? Players have to compete every day like their career is on the line. All the old players say that's how it was and I dont think they can be "back" until it's that way again on Greentree.

I always interpret these things to mean:

Everyone knows we’re a sleeping giant. This ‘SEC is the best’ mentality has been extended beyond performance on the field and mythologized to mean ‘always and forever has been and forever will be’ which is an absolute joke.

We haven’t had a competent staff since Butch was here. On paper the hirings on offense look great as does increased local recruiting capability but guys like Patke and Baker remain. If Diaz can get past his bff relationships with those guys (Zack Arnett for Baker please; DJ McCarthy for Patke please) and upgrade we’ll be even closer.

If they aren’t talking about us (and FSU) on those shoes then we’re actually irrelevant.

Advertisement
Back