This has to stop man

Advertisement
Advertisement
You don’t think beating them will start the process sooner instead of waiting for several seasons?
I find it really interesting that this comes out now despite the fact that it’s been happening for years.
absolutely beating them will help, but having a great season this year will hopefully start that process. look,miami will never get every top kid from s florida but if they can keep the majority of kids home that starts a snowball affect and winning is going to do that .

Advertisement
This is such hyperbolic nonsense and an embarrassment for 247 that whoever put this together couldn't do 3 minutes of research. Since 2016 - 5 years of classes - Alabama has signed exactly 8 kids from Dade, Broward and Palm Beach. Aside from the 2017 class, where they signed 3, no class has had more than 2 signees from South Florida. Last year they had 1 kid sign (Jones-Bell) and this year they have Brooks in the fold so far.

Now kids like Jeudy and Surtain are definitely high profile, but by this logic, programs like UGA, LSU, etc. are also 'owning' South Florida too. I also love how the screen grab as a kid in an IMG uniform which isn't even on the east coast of Florida!

Advertisement
This is such hyperbolic nonsense and an embarrassment for 247 that whoever put this together couldn't do 3 minutes of research. Since 2016 - 5 years of classes - Alabama has signed exactly 8 kids from Dade, Broward and Palm Beach. Aside from the 2017 class, where they signed 3, no class has had more than 2 signees from South Florida. Last year they had 1 kid sign (Jones-Bell) and this year they have Brooks in the fold so far.

Now kids like Jeudy and Surtain are definitely high profile, but by this logic, programs like UGA, LSU, etc. are also 'owning' South Florida too. I also love how the screen grab as a kid in an IMG uniform which isn't even on the east coast of Florida!
Look man I wear my tin foil hat a lot. Most of the times it’s just cause I find conspiracies entertaining and comical. But the timing of this is odd. Notice how they didn’t say Florida. They specifically pointed out sofla all the way to Tampa and Orlando. It’s literally saying low key “look how awesome saban is and look at how bad all you Florida schools are”. Also look at the recent change in Florida law and how our DeSantis specifically pointed Alabama out.

It will stop soon, only guy they have from south florida is brooks, but we are still pulling big time receivers now
say huh? their roster is full of SoFla kids they poached

nm, you mean this class... well Brooks is an absolute 5* WR stud we would love to have and as of now they only have 8 total recruits. They also have a 5 star kid from Bradenton we would love to have. Not sure it's stopping anytime soon, they get the Elite SoFla kids they want for the most mart. OP is right, that needs to stop.

Let’s focus our attention on 2020 and a great season! This lands a couple of addtl difference makers to help in 2021...

Advertisement
Kosi at QB or TVD first start?

Kosi has to be looking at next season as his chance to get drafted. Spread offense with the weapons we have and maybe our most talented OL in a while + Lashlee's second year.. It all starts vs BAMA. Hopefully he gets it together but ill bet its TVD.

Rivers and Walker at T. Chaney, Payton, Knighton, Redding, Restrepo plus the juniors that come back.. We'll have enough talent just need the right qb.

Lol at Lispy Beating Saban...

100% agree with you, CIO. I'll say it again for emphasis: I fully agree with you that Manny cannot outcoach Saban. Period.

But.... and for argument's sake... I will say this: Manny's only hope is to surround himself with a staff that is elite. Yeah, I know that is virtually impossible to do, but again, if Manny can get a good staff around him where he is just the overseer of the ship and not the actual Captain, then he's got a shot at success.

Manny just needs to be the guy who markets the organization, recruits the top talent and acts as our staunch advocate to the BOT / school leadership. If he can just do that but keep a competent staff that he can empower and stay out of their way, then he's got a shot.

Otherwise and back to my original statement, he doesn't stand a chance against Saban.

Kosi has to be looking at next season as his chance to get drafted. Spread offense with the weapons we have and maybe our most talented OL in a while + Lashlee's second year.. It all starts vs BAMA. Hopefully he gets it together but ill bet its TVD.

Rivers and Walker at T. Chaney, Payton, Knighton, Redding, Restrepo plus the juniors that come back.. We'll have enough talent just need the right qb.
I will put the O/U on 6.5 sacks allowed by Miami that game.

say huh? their roster is full of SoFla kids they poached

nm, you mean this class... well Brooks is an absolute 5* WR stud we would love to have and as of now they only have 8 total recruits. They also have a 5 star kid from Bradenton we would love to have. Not sure it's stopping anytime soon, they get the Elite SoFla kids they want for the most mart. OP is right, that needs to stop.
Yea dude, all 7 kids on their roster that are from South Florida

Advertisement
Back