This Guy Will Play Day 1

I've thought the same thing.

I've compared him to Pimp Collier a few times and part of that is while he may not have the physical measurables of some of the other WRs we are taking/recruiting he game sets him up to make an instant impact. We've really been missing a kid like that can do consistent damage underneath.

I think he's even quicker than Collier was.

Advertisement
I could see this kid being a safety valve for Williams next year. WR is one of the few positions true freshman can step in and perform right away.

I've compared him to Pimp Collier a few times and part of that is while he may not have the physical measurables of some of the other WRs we are taking/recruiting he game sets him up to make an instant impact. We've really been missing a kid like that can do consistent damage underneath.

Pretty sure we just need a qb that looks underneath

I think the most important thing for our offense next year and moving forward is mastering our ability to stay on schedule. Not so much in terms of down and distance, although the importance of that is obvious. We have so many weapons on offense that if we can be efficient in terms of getting to the LOS and getting our plays calls in timely that we can exploit mismatches EVERY DOWN. I will say this about Coley, in comparison to Fisch, I think Jedd was more effective when it game to implementing creative play calls and trick plays. As the season wore on, Coley improved with that. On the other hand the one area that stood out to me was Coley's ability to make adjustments 'on the fly'; we would get to the line, set up, he would get a look at the defense, and then make a second call. As the season went on we were more and more successful with that.

Next year with a new QB this is the biggest question mark for me. WE absolutely HAVE to have a guy that can get guys lined up on time so that we can exploit mismatches. Nobody is mixing Morris up with Tom Brady or Drew Brees from a cerebral standpoint, but he is an exeprienced senior and no matter what your opinion is of him the kid knew every single assignment on the field. That kind of stuff is imperative to a team's success. Not to mention the importance of getting to the line early to get our blocking assignments straight.

Advertisement

Love this ... except for the part that both Coley and Fisch never seem to exploit middle of the field! Not sure if that is scheme/philosophy or personnel but it seems a lot of our short to intermediate stuff is out on the sidelines.

Love this ... except for the part that both Coley and Fisch never seem to exploit middle of the field! Not sure if that is scheme/philosophy or personnel but it seems a lot of our short to intermediate stuff is out on the sidelines.

Because #17 was horrible at seeing the middle of the field & when he did he was usually late.

Because #17 was horrible at seeing the middle of the field & when he did he was usually late.

Agree with this, the middle should be back on play next year.

Agree with this, the middle should be back on play next year.

Count me on this too. I think Coley did want to use the middle of the field more, it was just SteMos inconsistency that made it very dangerous, and he just didnt like seeing the middle of the field routes. When he did, he would hit Walford pretty well and successfully. We went to it a number of times in the FSU game. I think Coley would be fine using the middle of the field with a QB that can see it and throw it, and some receivers who can catch the ball. IMO were going to see RW throwing across the middle a LOT next year.

Advertisement
Not gone lie at first I was salty we did not go after lamar parker or mckenzie, but seeing this guy produce on the field and his recent comments he made off the field regarding him being all cane and recruiting players for us he has gained my respect and turned into one of my favorite recruits in this class. Kids a baller

I agree he'll play early on. Unfortunately, part of the reason is I don't see Lewis ever really getting back to the level he was at prior to his injury. Being an EE will help, and they'll plug Berrios in and get the ball in his hands the way they did with Coley.

I know we have Coley there but with his short area quickness I think he would be a great punt returner as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dorsett can't play slot. He has limited wiggle and short area quickness. He belongs on the outside stretching the d.

I think berrios will get pt next year. He brings something we don't have on the roster right now

If he can play the Texas tech option route role for us, along with coley and Dorsett scaring the **** out of defenses and duke in the backfield. I'm not sure id play a tightend on most downs

BB has a skill set no current receiver on the team can bring to the slot. At the opening, he had the fastest shuttle 3.81, Top 10 vert at 40", and Top 6 SPARQ rating. The only 5 guys higher than him in the SPARQ were Tony Brown (#3 CB), Nick Chubb (#5 RB), Elijah Hood (#7 RB), Speedy Noil (#1 WR), and Terry Mclaurin (#35 WR). He also catches pretty much everything. He has the best chance of any wide receiver recruit to make it on the field early.

Advertisement
Back