This Guy Gets It

Billy Corben suggested yesterday that Butch could come on and assemble a great staff and groom a successor while he runs things and gets things back on track. Then in a few years when he starts getting too old to be out recruiting 24/7 he can step down as head coach and move to an admin role and the successor will take over where he left off.

This is plausible and would be very popular with former players and alum

Advertisement
He lost me at Lane Kiffin, but recovered with the strongest closing to an article ever. BBB

Me too...anybody that thinks Kiffin is the answer is about as daft as the previous poster who thinks Butch Davis' extensive experience all over college and pro football is a failing attribute.

UM

One of the biggest pros about hiring Butch is that he can save the current recruiting class.

Kehoe put a full-court press on Gorlden and got hired. Butch must do likewise.

Nope, that's not what he did; close though.

What he did was to get all the former players to call Golden to recommend his hire; players did the full court press

But since we talking about full court press, what Players are lining up to HIRE BUTCH DAVIS?

Are players naming names? dropping names yet? ...that's the real press with BBB

I'm in awe of this stupidity. You talk about a full court press not encompassing the coach if the players are recommending, then talk out your *&^ about former players of Butch applying pressure.

Romberg, Gonzalez off top of my head. One can add 100's to the list.

You are a total fool, which is worse than anything. In Kehoe's own words, he said that he made the move to step back and let others do a press for him after imploring them to do the press. He said he had decided to do this differently than lobbying for it directly... Now see, Reading is fundamental, try it sometimes. One can implore and call for ex-students to recommend you as their former teacher to your old teacher job opening up. Can a President or Head Coach implore ex-students to literally call the top Honchos to get your President or Head Coach job? See, Position Coach is not the Head Honcho in Charge. With Butch for the top of the hierarchy, any given UM notable or notorious player could simply rally other players and UM notables to get together to promote for Butch to be hired as Coach, without Butch begging his ex-students to do that for him. That's be condescending to the office of the Presidency, I mean to the Office of the Head Honcho in Charge! In spite of you being an idiot, for the sake of BBB, let's agree that players putting a full court press to get Butch is a great idea. As for current players, I think that their parents might, maybe, get in their parental voices (and their witnessing of Butch) to want Butch and the great coaches he'd be sure to bring in to coach up their sons...so again, that's another set of people that can add to a full court press.

Advertisement
You do realize if we hire Butch we probably bring back swasey and kehoe

Swasey take his marching orders from the head coach... Kehoe...

If it's one thing I trust most about Butch, it is that he can most certainly hire and bring in his own great staff.

If you don't want Butch, your point here leads to his strength; building a great staff!

Kehoe put a full-court press on Gorlden and got hired. Butch must do likewise.

Nope, that's not what he did; close though.

What he did was to get all the former players to call Golden to recommend his hire; players did the full court press

But since we talking about full court press, what Players are lining up to HIRE BUTCH DAVIS?

Are players naming names? dropping names yet? ...that's the real press with BBB

I'm in awe of this stupidity. You talk about a full court press not encompassing the coach if the players are recommending, then talk out your *&^ about former players of Butch applying pressure.

Romberg, Gonzalez off top of my head. One can add 100's to the list.

You are a total fool, which is worse than anything. In Kehoe's own words, he said that he made the move to step back and let others do a press for him after imploring them to do the press. He said he had decided to do this differently than lobbying for it directly... Now see, Reading is fundamental, try it sometimes. One can implore and call for ex-students to recommend you as their former teacher to your old teacher job opening up. Can a President or Head Coach implore ex-students to literally call the top Honchos to get your President or Head Coach job? See, Position Coach is not the Head Honcho in Charge. With Butch for the top of the hierarchy, any given UM notable or notorious player could simply rally other players and UM notables to get together to promote for Butch to be hired as Coach, without Butch begging his ex-students to do that for him. That's be condescending to the office of the Presidency, I mean to the Office of the Head Honcho in Charge! In spite of you being an idiot, for the sake of BBB, let's agree that players putting a full court press to get Butch is a great idea. As for current players, I think that their parents might, maybe, get in their parental voices (and their witnessing of Butch) to want Butch and the great coaches he'd be sure to bring in to coach up their sons...so again, that's another set of people that can add to a full court press.

Neat.

Advertisement
He wouldn't "save" the current recruiting class; he would greatly improve it.

Izon Pulley? No. etc....

We'd have big-time players committing. He'd get a top 5 DT in the country guaranteed....I'd go with Manuel out of Tampa as most likely, but it's difficult to guess which ones Butch would go after because he can see their future better than most of us can....

One of the biggest pros about hiring Butch is that he can save the current recruiting class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
0.0% chance. Im not trolling. Im sorry if anybody is offended.There's 2 groups who want Butch. The young kids just wanna win and bring The U back. I get that and they hear last time we were great was when Butch was here and he build a dominate program. That was 20 years ago. And the older group, that remembers the championship years and sentimentally thinks its that easy. Many reasons why Butch will never ever ever coach here again and why it would be a bad idea. Ive posted many of them but nobody wants to hear the truth. Notice not a single former player has called for Butch to come back. Its well known inside the program its not even an option.Regardless what you hear there is a 0.00000000% chance.

0.0% chance. Im not trolling. Im sorry if anybody is offended.There's 2 groups who want Butch. The young kids just wanna win and bring The U back. I get that and they hear last time we were great was when Butch was here and he build a dominate program. That was 20 years ago. And the older group, that remembers the championship years and sentimentally thinks its that easy. Many reasons why Butch will never ever ever coach here again and why it would be a bad idea. Ive posted many of them but nobody wants to hear the truth. Notice not a single former player has called for Butch to come back. Its well known inside the program its not even an option.Regardless what you hear there is a 0.00000000% chance.

WARNING: TROLLING POTATOE

Advertisement
Back