This Feels like 1976 all over again

Advertisement
Spin it anyway you want to spin it.
A 3-8 season ain't pretty. It was a ****** feeling back in 76 and I got the same ****** feeling in 2021. Unlike yourself, I'm a forward thinker. I'm hoping Miami finally figures it out again and hires the right coach. Like we did back in 76. That's when Carl Selmer got canned after a 3-8 season. Lou Saban took over in 77, which by the way was another 3-8 season, and led us for a couple of years and helped to start to turn things around. Then Howard came in and the rest is history. We've been down this road before and no, the program wasn't in better shape then than it is now. Back to back 3-8 seasons in 76 &77 speak for themselves. The program today is in much better shape than it was back then. We just have to hire the right people to lead this program.

We will be back. When? Hopefully sooner than later but we will be back. Just got to get this AD and head coach debacle fixed first. Let's hope that happens this season.

Until then,

Go Canes!!
I have no idea what you're smoking. I ain't spinning isht. I have been making this same point for years. And if you're such a forward thinker, then you'd probably have figured this all out before we hit rock bottom. You sound like you're thinking with emotion. Your own words ('I got the same ****** feeling....') That's not forward thinking at all.

Anyhow, you haven't added anything to actually discuss other than your feelings. The program is much worse today than in the '70s, and if you don't get that, you're delusional. The narrative around here credits us with a history that makes people feel good but is long gone at this point.

Can you imagine how good Otis Anderson may have been at the U with a good team around him and a good coach
Otis was my favorite Cane back in the day. For me, going to watch Otis play in a more than half empty Orange Bowl ranked right up there with going to the Miami Beach Convention Center on Wednesday nights to watch Dusty do his thang!!
What a great time to be growing up in Miami!!

Go Canes!!

Advertisement
In 1976 we sent Gary Dunn to the NFL.
In 1975 we sent Dennis Harrah and Rubin Carter to the NFL.
In 1973 we sent Chuck Foreman, Burgess Owens and Mike Barnes to the NFL.
In 1969 we sent Ted Hendricks to the NFL.

We haven't sent anywhere near that talent to the NFL the past 7 years, or the past 10 years for that matter.

We were way better as a program in 1976 than we are today.
miniGif_20200422172516.gif

I have no idea what you're smoking. I ain't spinning isht. I have been making this same point for years. And if you're such a forward thinker, then you'd probably have figured this all out before we hit rock bottom. You sound like you're thinking with emotion. Your own words ('I got the same ****** feeling....') That's not forward thinking at all.

Anyhow, you haven't added anything to actually discuss other than your feelings. The program is much worse today than in the '70s, and if you don't get that, you're delusional. The narrative around here credits us with a history that makes people feel good but is long gone at this point.

Yo. If anyone is getting emotional right now, you may want to look in the mirror. Some of these dudes on here acting like scorned women because the team they love and support isn't as good as it should be.

That 70's program was on the brink of extinction. This one isn't. It's that simple. But you carry on with your message board temper tantrum.

Go Canes!!

Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
Back