This Feels like 1976 all over again

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not our first rodeo through darks days. This too will pass. We will be back. Hopefully sooner thank later.

Go Canes!!

Miami was never a power before 1976 and the university was on the brink of dropping football before Howard showed up, gamed the system in the wild west era, won a title and the Canes changed the sport.

Dark days around this program since 2001 when Butch Davis pulled out of town. Everyone knew Larry Coker was a substitute teacher. Got that one ring, ****ed another away, two embarrassing losses year three and then it was wheels off and the talent stopped signing on—from 35-3 first three years to 25-12 the final three.

16 years of total incompetence; five head coaches between 2006 and 2019.

122-83 record dating back to 40-3 loss to LSU in 2005 Peach Bowl.

Don't have to go all the way back to 1976, before Miami was even a power, to find "dark days" at UM. Shannon. Golden. 48-0 to Virginia. 58-0 to Clemson. 6-7 with Diaz and a loss to Florida International. Back-to-back losses to Duke. Bowl shutout to Louisiana Tech. 62 points given up to North Carolina last year. Shamed by Clemson and Alabama last two years.

This is a total clownshow.

Not our first rodeo through darks days. This too will pass. We will be back. Hopefully sooner thank later.

Go Canes!!
In 1976 we sent Gary Dunn to the NFL.
In 1975 we sent Dennis Harrah and Rubin Carter to the NFL.
In 1973 we sent Chuck Foreman, Burgess Owens and Mike Barnes to the NFL.
In 1969 we sent Ted Hendricks to the NFL.

We haven't sent anywhere near that talent to the NFL the past 7 years, or the past 10 years for that matter.

We were way better as a program in 1976 than we are today.

Advertisement
In 1976 we sent Gary Dunn to the NFL.
In 1975 we sent Dennis Harrah and Rubin Carter to the NFL.
In 1973 we sent Chuck Foreman, Burgess Owens and Mike Barnes to the NFL.
In 1969 we sent Ted Hendricks to the NFL.

We haven't sent anywhere near that talent to the NFL the past 7 years, or the past 10 years for that matter.

We were way better as a program in 1976 than we are today.

Spin it anyway you want to spin it.
A 3-8 season ain't pretty. It was a ****** feeling back in 76 and I got the same ****** feeling in 2021. Unlike yourself, I'm a forward thinker. I'm hoping Miami finally figures it out again and hires the right coach. Like we did back in 76. That's when Carl Selmer got canned after a 3-8 season. Lou Saban took over in 77, which by the way was another 3-8 season, and led us for a couple of years and helped to start to turn things around. Then Howard came in and the rest is history. We've been down this road before and no, the program wasn't in better shape then than it is now. Back to back 3-8 seasons in 76 &77 speak for themselves. The program today is in much better shape than it was back then. We just have to hire the right people to lead this program.

We will be back. When? Hopefully sooner than later but we will be back. Just got to get this AD and head coach debacle fixed first. Let's hope that happens this season.

Until then,

Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Miami was never a power before 1976 and the university was on the brink of dropping football before Howard showed up, gamed the system in the wild west era, won a title and the Canes changed the sport.

Dark days around this program since 2001 when Butch Davis pulled out of town. Everyone knew Larry Coker was a substitute teacher. Got that one ring, ****ed another away, two embarrassing losses year three and then it was wheels off and the talent stopped signing on—from 35-3 first three years to 25-12 the final three.

16 years of total incompetence; five head coaches between 2006 and 2019.

122-83 record dating back to 40-3 loss to LSU in 2005 Peach Bowl.

Don't have to go all the way back to 1976, before Miami was even a power, to find "dark days" at UM. Shannon. Golden. 48-0 to Virginia. 58-0 to Clemson. 6-7 with Diaz and a loss to Florida International. Back-to-back losses to Duke. Bowl shutout to Louisiana Tech. 62 points given up to North Carolina last year. Shamed by Clemson and Alabama last two years.

This is a total clownshow.
Agreed. This current state of affairs is a total **** show. Just like it was back in 76. It sucked then and it sucks now. I was a fan then and I'm still a fan today. But what I'm not gonna do is act like a spoiled rotten fan and ***** and moan like a miserable ****. Ill leave that weak sauce to ya'll. This much I know.
The University of Miami fixed the problems back in the mid 70's and they fixed it again in the 90's and I'm pretty sure they will fix it again. Like I said, hopefully sooner than later.

Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Is that when we got Lou Saban? I was going to games as a kid in 76 and that’s the first coach I remember.
I take it all back from Thursday’s game. This is not Sasquatch Cribby. It’s @RVACane Sasquatch

3DEBC186-7D5F-4C6E-92FB-4DBE7168A3C0.jpeg

Advertisement
Back