This brought tear to my slanted eyes like Iron Eyes Cody...

Public enemy #1 is Traitor Thomas. That skinny ****** better tape his helmet on because I really hope to **** someone blows him up. At some point, that scrawny douchebag is going to have to fill a hole, and I hope to god that God'sGiftGus or Mo Hagans or some other bad dude busts him the fugg up. There will be a time when he won't be able to chase and tackle. He's going to have to take someone on straight up man to man facemask to facemask, and holy **** I hope to see him get steamrolled.

Scumbag flashing that 305 **** all the time then runs up to shythole fsu like Lice Harris and Torian Beanbag's little do boy. Flash that 305, and by god I hope someone stomps on his fugging hand in a pile. Traitor piece of trash. That idiot actually said that he signed with fsu because he wanted his family to see him play. Fugging moron doesn't realize it's an 8 hour drive for his mom or a $400.00 plane ticket (flights are expensive as **** to tallahassee from Miami).

This is a time when I long for the old days and a fugging Charles Martin style bounty list. Put that maggot's number on your towel, and go find him and bust his fugging jaw out there.

Agree. I don't really give a fug about Collins or his gelatinous-Deliverance coach at this point but I hope Thomas suffers. Pure traitor.

That limp-wristed Charlie Pride fake redneck can take his beard and his fat, down and out, Hindenburgh-looking, arterially-clogged, butter-blooded leech scumbag corch and go directly to **** (fayetville). I hope the football gods strike him down with a double ACL Wendell Davis style, and I hope his dirigible fake daddy explodes in a giant fireball while hovering over Arkansas's stadium just like in Black Sunday.

Having said all that, I agree with you that he's not as big a **** as Thomas because Thomas purports to be a ride and die 305 guy and trash talked UM when he signed with our arch enemies. So, I wish him much worse than exploding over a stadium.

Advertisement
There is more honor and integrity in those statements then any coach will ever say. ***** the kids that said they could not trust the staff. If you don't want to come to the U then fine. But do not fool yourself into believing you are stepping into a better organization then Al is building.

Well stated. +1

My concern at this point is how much longer will he hold out? I'm not saying he runs away or anything, but now he's visibly upset with the situation, and who can blame him? He's recruiting and playing against the enemy and the NCAA, for 2.5 years now. If the NCAA **** ends soon then I think we're good, he'll want to see what can happen when that's all behind us. If it drags out another year, I think we're in trouble as he's going to entertain those offers to other places.

I really think this has more to do with the adults who have ****ed with us rather than players who spurned.

I don't think Golden is the type to give a rah rah speech about some teenagers who didn't want to be Canes. I'm guessing his vengeance is aimed at the handlers and the ****s who talk that ****.

I absolutely agree, Golden's a big boy, he knows that kids will make decisions that wont always benefit him. I think he can handle that. What he can't deal with is the out-of-bounds agenda's and interference that he encountered.

But he's like Sinatra, he'll do it his way. I think it's important for him to stick with his core values and beliefs. Bend now to the mob, then guess, what? They own you. Short term game for being compromised in the long run. That's the last thing this program needs

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — So far in Al Golden's tenure, Miami's football program has voluntarily forfeited the right to appear in two bowl games, along with one trip to the Atlantic Coast Conference championship game, up to 30 practices and an undisclosed number of scholarships in response to an unbelievably long NCAA investigation.

The Hurricanes' coach sounds like he's had enough.

Speaking on Wednesday shortly after the Hurricanes completed another signing-day class that was assembled under the cloud of the NCAA inquiry into compliance practices, Golden said in an interview with The Associated Press that the ongoing investigation has clearly hurt Miami's recruiting.

He said other schools use the threat of sanctions against Miami to steer players away, and that he unknowns surrounding the probe create questions that have no answers.

"How can anybody say it hasn't impacted every one of us in the organization or our families, the coaches' families, the strength coaches or the trainers or the players? I don't think you can measure," Golden said. "This, the life span of a college coach or a college student-athlete is so small, to have bowls taken away from you or practice opportunities reduced or championship games basically deleted, that is a huge penalty. I don't know how you measure that."

Miami signed 15 players in this year's class, holding back a number of scholarships. Like everything else the Hurricanes have given up so far, Golden kept those scholarships — he did not divulge the number he didn't release, but it's believed to be around six — in anticipation of sanctions that still may be months away.

Miami still has not even been given its notice of allegations. Until then, the sanction process cannot even begin.

"Not only are we silent in our defense against the NCAA, we are silent against our opponents who are recruiting against us," Golden said. "That's a double-whammy. That's tough to overcome."

The Miami scandal became publicly known in August 2011, when former booster and convicted Ponzi scheme architect Nevin Shapiro's claims that he plied athletes, coaches and recruits with impermissible benefits for eight years were published by Yahoo Sports. In actuality, the probe started months earlier, and some of Shapiro's claims were known long before Golden was hired in December 2010.

Golden was not told of Shapiro or the possibility for problems related to his involvement with the athletic department during his interview process with the Hurricanes.

"We were meant to be here," Golden's wife, Kelly Golden, told the AP on Wednesday. "Regardless of how it happened, what was said or not said, we need to be here right now. He needs to be here. Not sure who else could weather this storm the way he has. It was for a reason."

Countless other stories related to the scandal have followed, including ones last summer where Golden was alleged to have broken recruiting rules, information that was alleged in a deposition conducted by Shapiro's attorney in December 2011.

That deposition looked damning for Miami, and now seems to be more damning for the NCAA. The attorney, Maria Elena Perez, was in a contractual relationship with the NCAA — which, two weeks ago, ordered an external review of that relationship. Perez used subpoena power to conduct depositions which were done under the guise of Shapiro's bankruptcy case but that the NCAA wound up utilizing in building a case against Miami.

The NCAA does not have subpoena power, and therefore it would appear should not have had access to the questions she asked. On Wednesday, the NCAA said its external review was completed and that a report is expected by Feb. 15.

Miami will not receive its notice of allegations until that report is completed.

"Putting together last year's class was hard, but it was new," Golden said. "And the kids were only exposed from August to January. This year's group was exposed to the toxicity for two years, which was like having a shadow follow you, wherever you went. You were always combating that and talking about that and trying to keep the opposition on the facts, which got lost a lot."

Golden also said the NCAA's public announcement of the external review of its own investigative practices hurt the Hurricanes — even though, in actuality, the NCAA issues only hurt their own case and basically helped Miami's cause.

"The parents who have jobs or are working every day and the young man who's going to school every day and lifting after or playing basketball and then going home and doing homework, all they know after seeing that story is, 'That's a mess down there,'" Golden said. "They didn't know it was a positive stroke for the University of Miami. All they know is that that fire got stoked again. And to have that two weeks out was an incredible impediment to our progress and to our program.

"Those articles, regardless of whether it's pointing to the positives for the University of Miami, were used as negatives by our attackers," Golden continued. "And each one of those represented another bullet in the chamber that they kept sending to parents and prospects down the stretch. How do you defend that? How do you defend the unknown?"

One positive of the NCAA situation at Miami is this: It seems to have steeled the Hurricanes' fan base.

A slogan — "I Stand With The U" — started catching on around the program since the NCAA probe was revealed publicly, and Golden is using it as part of his mantra with recruits and players right now.

"There's going to be a lot of people who didn't stand with us who are going to be remembered for not standing with us," Golden said. "'I Stand With The U' means this is tough right now. This is about as tough as it gets in our business. We've got a bunch of coaches and players that are digging in and rather than running are going to fight their way out of it. Now do you stand with us or not? And that is the truth. That is the truth. From my heart, that is the truth."

Soon, he hopes, the unknown will be known.

A group of prospects for the 2014 class will be on campus this weekend. The first question they will all likely ask will be about the NCAA inquiry.

Golden won't have an answer for them. At least, not yet.

"I'm confident that the 2014 group will not be impacted in any way by the current NCAA investigation," Golden said. "But until the point that we make an unknown quantity known, we will continue to be assailed by the opposition in the most talented recruiting base in the country."

Advertisement
Quote from Mrs. Golden: "We were meant to be here," Golden's wife, Kelly Golden, told the AP on Wednesday. "Regardless of how it happened, what was said or not said, we need to be here right now. He needs to be here. Not sure who else could weather this storm the way he has. It was for a reason."

OK, if you're not riding with Golden, GTFO outta this thread.

Ride or die.

Folks, we aren't getting a better guy than Golden I'm absolutely convinced. Just give this guy time. As I've said numerous times, in paraphrasing Schnellenberger:"Al Golden and Miami are on a collision course to greatness, the only variable is time and NCAA sanctions."

Core values, for life

**** all these traitors especially Thomas. I hope one of our offensive lineman absolutely mauls him into the dirt. That dude should not be allowed back to Miami at all throwing up the U and the 305 and then going up to ****** state university talking about playing with players from Miami, dumbest **** I've heard. Either U with us or against Us!

And people still bash Golden saying stuff like Thomas commiting to us may decide Golden's job............smfh!!!! stab yourself in the eye!

Advertisement
Bryant's a clown. You've heard the last of him. Jimbutt did us a favor taking that slob. He's a guy who will give you 1 or 2 plays per game and then take the rest off. He's a slug and a clock puncher. Fugg that dbag.

I'm just overjoyed that that Barney Rubble eyed clown got the carpet yanked out from his big moment on espn. He pussed up for months and months to make a dramatic announcement and then everyone knew what he was going to do an hour before he finally got on the air.

Public enemy #1 is Traitor Thomas. That skinny ****** better tape his helmet on because I really hope to **** someone blows him up. At some point, that scrawny douchebag is going to have to fill a hole, and I hope to god that God'sGiftGus or Mo Hagans or some other bad dude busts him the fugg up. There will be a time when he won't be able to chase and tackle. He's going to have to take someone on straight up man to man facemask to facemask, and holy **** I hope to see him get steamrolled.

Scumbag flashing that 305 **** all the time then runs up to shythole fsu like Lice Harris and Torian Beanbag's little do boy. Flash that 305, and by god I hope someone stomps on his fugging hand in a pile. Traitor piece of trash. That idiot actually said that he signed with fsu because he wanted his family to see him play. Fugging moron doesn't realize it's an 8 hour drive for his mom or a $400.00 plane ticket (flights are expensive as **** to tallahassee from Miami).

This is a time when I long for the old days and a fugging Charles Martin style bounty list. Put that maggot's number on your towel, and go find him and bust his fugging jaw out there.

Agree. I don't really give a fug about Collins or his gelatinous-Deliverance coach at this point but I hope Thomas suffers. Pure traitor.

That limp-wristed Charlie Pride fake redneck can take his beard and his fat, down and out, Hindenburgh-looking, arterially-clogged, butter-blooded leech scumbag corch and go directly to **** (fayetville). I hope the football gods strike him down with a double ACL Wendell Davis style, and I hope his dirigible fake daddy explodes in a giant fireball while hovering over Arkansas's stadium just like in Black Sunday.

Having said all that, I agree with you that he's not as big a **** as Thomas because Thomas purports to be a ride and die 305 guy and trash talked UM when he signed with our arch enemies. So, I wish him much worse than exploding over a stadium.

Chise, you said in another thread that this was like a fighter who simply can't win a decision in a fixed fight. I actually think it's worse, this like a fighter who not only has his water bottle poisoned( and not like from Panama Lewis), has one arm tied behind his back, and gets some fishy substance in his eye( like Ali versus Liston) and not having an Angelo Dundee to bail you out in the corner somehow

Yet.... this guy is still making a fight out of it

He's showing the fortitude of Mathew Saad Muhammad and Arturo Gatti combined right now

Everyone just has to be patient. He didn't sign up for this crap and here he is fighting his Everlast's off, fighting the good fight. We run this guy off prematurely and IMO, that'll be a huge blow. It's not like Jimmy Johnson circa 1984 is walking through the Hecht Center doors....

Results are better than excuses or speeches. Time for the former,cuz the latter is running on empty. I stand with coach,but he doesn't deserve an endless honeymoon. Do your job. Get some seperation between us and the middle of the pack ACC. Quit getting anally probed by better teams. Stop with the rah rah blah blah and do all the talking on fall Saturdays.

Enough of the chatter cus it don't really matter.

niner I'm a bit surprised of your "I need a kleenex" take on Al's rant. If we weren't UM fans and read these words from some other coach we would call it for what is is. A dejected man who got pummeled by his foes on signing day.

Then we get esteemed posters like chise who act all petulant about a kid deciding where he wants to play ball and unloads an expletive laced childish rant at said player. Yep. Great example of class and style.

I thought the great,wise posters that are revered on these boards were smart enough to know that nobody tracks W's v L's on signing day. Those measures are calculated 2-3 years from now. I mean if we struggle against the Duke's and the NC States of the world,it's not because a certain LB went to FSU. It's because a certain coach can't get his team over the hump.

Another football legend named Al said it best. Just win baby.

Advertisement
Man, golden is hungary. he was ****ed in the press conference. Aside from missing on Dt's. We got great talent. Problem with coach is he doesnt lie, he tells kids "u wanna play, take your spot." Coley and grace are true canes who aint afraid.

Results are better than excuses or speeches. Time for the former,cuz the latter is running on empty. I stand with coach,but he doesn't deserve an endless honeymoon. Do your job. Get some seperation between us and the middle of the pack ACC. Quit getting anally probed by better teams. Stop with the rah rah blah blah and do all the talking on fall Saturdays.

Enough of the chatter cus it don't really matter.

niner I'm a bit surprised of your "I need a kleenex" take on Al's rant. If we weren't UM fans and read these words from some other coach we would call it for what is is. A dejected man who got pummeled by his foes on signing day.

Then we get esteemed posters like chise who act all petulant about a kid deciding where he wants to play ball and unloads an expletive laced childish rant at said player. Yep. Great example of class and style.

I thought the great,wise posters that are revered on these boards were smart enough to know that nobody tracks W's v L's on signing day. Those measures are calculated 2-3 years from now. I mean if we struggle against the Duke's and the NC States of the world,it's not because a certain LB went to FSU. It's because a certain coach can't get his team over the hump.

Another football legend named Al said it best. Just win baby.

If another coach had these issues( none of which BTW he created) and had similar circumstances to tend with, Id like to believe I'd understand what was going on. You don't see me rip guys from programs like Minnesota or Wake Forest, because their expectations, standards and pressures are much different than say, Alabama

Im a bottom line guy, and you know me, I see a coach at UM that I think stinks, I call on it( and relatively quickly, history shows that). I don't have green and orange glasses( most would vouch for that).

I call it as a I see them like a Korean Cosell. If Golden isn't the guy Dennis Green and I think he is, well, I wont hesitate to not crown him

We are very lucky to have Al Golden. Get the NCAA **** behind us and weather the storm just a bit longer, and I think we will be a very, very prominent program.

Advertisement
I've always felt that the core of being a hurricane is an 'us against the world' mentality but **** if this man hasn't been put through that process FAST!!

He's all Cane & not going anywhere until he proves all the haters wrong..... I can now sleep easier. I ride with Al.

I love to hear AG lay down the gauntlet. That is as direct a call-out to Ice and Luke as you can get.

Now he's got to get it done on the field and next year.

I'm still ****ed and surprised by how badly we got dissed today.

And we need the ******* NCAA gone already. The investigation itself has been worse than the punishment doled out to anyone else. Two years of rumor and expected sanctions and still no NOA is effed up.

Man, Golden said "Cant wait to have Ray Lewis around" Idiot matthew thomas is so missing out. lmfao

Advertisement
Back