This Board is Almost Unanimous

I always wanted one of those so i could train myself in what amount takes me over the limit and for how long. Things you think about when your drunk or high.
It’s a good investment, nice to have in your car if you plan on having a few and driving.

Advertisement
1542328663105.png

Thought I had the perfect hatchet man but he's sleeping with the fishes.

Is this "hatchet man" on campus now or does he/she need to be hired?
It could be someone already in the AD department, or they could hire someone to do the job. I have seen this twice in my career where a person was brought in as a consultant. They brought employees in to discuss issues and then they fired them. The people to e fired were already pre-selected. The consultant just did the dirty work. Easy to fire someone when you have NO vested interest in them. And easy on the college's side because they feel detached from the process. I'm surprised you guys never experienced this.

Advertisement
Is this "hatchet man" on campus now or does he/she need to be hired?
Could be someone on campus, but probably better using a hired consultant. A list is compiled of those being let go and the consultant calls them in one by one and fires them. No remorse for the consultant because they were just doing a job they were hired to do. No guilt on the college because they are detached from the act of firing. I'm surprised you guys never encountered this in your careers.

This may go down in my relatively short stint at CIS as the most laughably idiotic thread ever.

Does anyone think Richt, however flawed he may be as a coach, is going to allow a hired gun to fire his assistants for him?

Could be someone on campus, but probably better using a hired consultant. A list is compiled of those being let go and the consultant calls them in one by one and fires them. No remorse for the consultant because they were just doing a job they were hired to do. No guilt on the college because they are detached from the act of firing. I'm surprised you guys never encountered this in your careers.

^^ This guy is serious, in case you were wondering.

Advertisement
bump in the road. can we hire ................................................go Seattle

maxresdefault.jpg

On the belief that major changes need to be made in the coaching staff. Most also believe it is not in Richt's DNA to actually fire someone. What needs to happen is for someone else in the AD's office to be assigned the task of "hatchet man".

All Blake needs to do is reach consensus with Richt on identifying the coaches that are not performing at the level required to turn our program around.

Then, let the firings begin. This tactic is used often in large corporations and other businesses. Why not for us?

Hire Butch, and let him have the task.

Butch got balls - to spare!

Advertisement
we are getting **** again. what a circus that has been going on in south fl. clean the program with people with big nutts. i guess big nuts dont grow on trees in these parts of the usa. just, like elections.

And Rome wasn't built in a day. You have to START somewhere. Also, it brings the administration one step closer to firing Richt if, after the staff changes, the team doesn't improve. Drop the quest for instant gratification and consider a plan that could actually bring what you want closer to reality.
Richt has autonomy. He will be allowed to do what he thinks is best. U really see Blake James going to Mark Richt and telling him who he things shouid be fired?

Advertisement
On the belief that major changes need to be made in the coaching staff. Most also believe it is not in Richt's DNA to actually fire someone. What needs to happen is for someone else in the AD's office to be assigned the task of "hatchet man".

All Blake needs to do is reach consensus with Richt on identifying the coaches that are not performing at the level required to turn our program around.

Then, let the firings begin. This tactic is used often in large corporations and other businesses. Why not for us?
This is false. Whether someone gets richt to fire assistants or not is irrelevant. The program will never succeed woth Richt as HC.

It could be someone already in the AD department, or they could hire someone to do the job. I have seen this twice in my career where a person was brought in as a consultant. They brought employees in to discuss issues and then they fired them. The people to e fired were already pre-selected. The consultant just did the dirty work. Easy to fire someone when you have NO vested interest in them. And easy on the college's side because they feel detached from the process. I'm surprised you guys never experienced this.
I always quit before being fired, so no, I have never experienced this. 😜

Advertisement
Back