4-5 OL
2 TE

2 DE
2 DT
3-4 LBs
2 S
3 CBs

1 KR
I dont see the need for 2 rbs and 2 tes. Cam harris is not declaring for the nfl so u take 1 rb. Brevin will declare but mallory will stay unless he has a monster season which is unlikely csz brevin will see majority snaps. I would go 6 ol 3 tackles 2 interior and 1 swing guy. And 5 wr

Lmao at 23 out of 25 kids being from FLA in this class...

First of all, we're not even landing 25 kids in this class.

Second of all, the majority of 19-21 we do land will probably be from Fla but they're NOT going to be most of the kids you listed & they're certainly not going to a heavy Dade/Broward presence.

It's early pre-Spring, everybody "likes" Miami now, but make no mistake about come crootin season in Dec-Jan most of the high rated locals are leaving, that's just the facts.

We could have a good top 10 -15 class but best believe it'll be kids from Central/Northern FLA with a few South Fla kids & some OOS kids as well.

This dream utopia class yall are expecting is NEVER going to happen, at least not until we win a Natty & even then we're still not going to keep most the best local players home. This is just a fantasy, not rooted in reality at all.

Can't take 4 receivers . Took 4 this year and only 2 OL

It'll look along the lines of

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
4-5 OL
2 TE

2 DE
2 DT
3-4 LBs
2 S
3 CBs

1 KR

don’t see ya taking another true RB. Everything else I vibe with on your list. Can see taking 3 DTs in this class if they are the right players. A lot of studs out there this year.

He is a Big Arm smart QB from SEC country that can redshirt and develop over 2 years. Very similar in the mold of Van Dyke.

And he has a relationship with Lashlee. Garcia and Moss look like they are staying on the West Coast. And I just dont see it with anyone else that we could land.
He's another overrated *** Georgia QB that thinks he's Trevor Lawrence when he's nothing like him at all.

There's several QB's from TX or AZ we could land that are better, it's still just February no need to jump out the window on 1 QB over the rest.

Advertisement
He's another overrated *** Georgia QB that thinks he's Trevor Lawrence when he's nothing like him at all.

There's several QB's from TX or AZ we could land that are better, it's still just February no need to jump out the window on 1 QB over the rest.

Another Overrated Georgia QB? He isnt Jarren Williams.

Lmao at 23 out of 25 kids being from FLA in this class...

First of all, we're not even landing 25 kids in this class.

Second of all, the majority of 19-21 we do land will probably be from Fla but they're NOT going to be most of the kids you listed & they're certainly not going to a heavy Dade/Broward presence.

It's early pre-Spring, everybody "likes" Miami now, but make no mistake about come crootin season in Dec-Jan most of the high rated locals are leaving, that's just the facts.

We could have a good top 10 -15 class but best believe it'll be kids from Central/Northern FLA with a few South Fla kids & some OOS kids as well.

This dream utopia class yall are expecting is NEVER going to happen, at least not until we win a Natty & even then we're still not going to keep most the best local players home. This is just a fantasy, not rooted in reality at all.

ive always said if Miami can continuously get top 10 range classes, they can win the coastal every year with good coaching. Miami just can’t string them together over the last 15 years due to multiple reasons. We will have one class and then a disaster class.

Advertisement
Can't take 4 receivers . Took 4 this year and only 2 OL

It'll look along the lines of

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
4-5 OL
2 TE

2 DE
2 DT
3-4 LBs
2 S
3 CBs

1 KR
KR- as in kick returner? No need to leave a designated spot in the class for a KR. Any WR, RB, CB, or S can be a kick returner.

Yes you can take 4 receivers the depth is not that good rn and kids transfer all the time.
We don’t have space, imo. Just given our roster, you have to take:

1 QB - certain
1 K - committed
2 RBs - 1 committed, and roster thin
2 TEs - needed
3 LBs - needed
4-5 OL - 4 ok if get good ones, but when do we do that?
4-5 DBs - need 3 CBs
4-5 DL - 4 already committed

That’s 22-23 kids. Leaves 2-3 spots for WR. (25 max new counters, and usually at least 1 isn’t a HS kid.) Maybe we take only 1 RB, or don’t add a 5th OL, DL or DB. Need 3 WR, don’t see 2 as an option. But we need to get this class right. And have real needs at other spots.

I dont see the need for 2 rbs and 2 tes. Cam harris is not declaring for the nfl so u take 1 rb. Brevin will declare but mallory will stay unless he has a monster season which is unlikely csz brevin will see majority snaps. I would go 6 ol 3 tackles 2 interior and 1 swing guy. And 5 wr

Cam Harris could certainly declare with 3 studs behind him he will lose touches his senior season
. Burns could also grad transfer.
Never bet on a UM rb staying his senior year.

Harris will be heading to senior year and could easily decide to leave early just given what is behind him on the roster. Burns will be heading to senior year, and who knows what to expect from him. Has he even been healthy two straight years, ever? Behind them you have only the incoming frosh Chaney and Knighton. Hard to see how we din’t add 2 RBs to this class. Could see the second one being a more versatile guy who is a good receiver, however. If Harris comes back, yeah I could see taking only 1.

At TE, you have 3 on the roster heading into ‘21, with Mallory being a rising senior. Of the other 2, one (Mammarelli) hasn’t played a game at UM and the other (Hodges) wasn’t a superstar recruit. And we still struggle at OT. I’d expect we need 2 TEs for roster purposes, and 1 of them needs to be a big redzone threat. We tried to get a second TE this past cycle but couldn’t get a guy we wanted.

Advertisement
We don’t have space, imo. Just given our roster, you have to take:

1 QB - certain
1 K - committed
2 RBs - 1 committed, and roster thin
2 TEs - needed
3 LBs - needed
4-5 OL - 4 ok if get good ones, but when do we do that?
4-5 DBs - need 3 CBs
4-5 DL - 4 already committed

That’s 22-23 kids. Leaves 2-3 spots for WR. (25 max new counters, and usually at least 1 isn’t a HS kid.) Maybe we take only 1 RB, or don’t add a 5th OL, DL or DB. Need 3 WR, don’t see 2 as an option. But we need to get this class right. And have real needs at other spots.
I only think we take 2 TE if the second is an absolute stud. Also, the second RB would have the be the ideal fit, otherwise not an absolute need. I think a 4th WR is interchangeable with a second TE or RB. It’s not a need, but if it’s the right guy, you take him.

Yeah, I don’t see that many Florida kids in the class much less the tricounty kids. It’s deep but we’re going to draw OOS kids at multiple positions starting with the most important one, QB. I see us going OOS for 1/3 the class.

I expect coaches will wait on a second RB until late in the cycle based on what Harris and Burns do during the season and what they decide after the season. If one stays and looks good under the new system, I think coaches will ride with 4 given how talented the three young guns are.

We need 5 OL including 2 true tackles no matter what this class. I suppose one could be a GT/transfer tackle. Everything else looks right me.

Last edited:
I only think we take 2 TE if the second is an absolute stud. Also, the second RB would have the be the ideal fit, otherwise not an absolute need. I think a 4th WR is interchangeable with a second TE or RB. It’s not a need, but if it’s the right guy, you take him.
I can’t see taking 1 TE unless we whiff badly. Hodges, Mammarelli +1 is not enough over a 3 year period. We tried for 2 this cycle!

At RB, if Harris stays, can see just 1. If he goes, need two for sure. That’s the problem with not keeping seniors at UM. Losing him doesn’t open up a new counter spot.

Advertisement
Just because you don't see the need doesn't mean there isn't a need lol

Advertisement
Back