They need a better prosecutor than this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find to be very disturbing is these two cops let one man whip their ***. Maybe if they could fight they wouldn't need weapons. Only cowards are quick to pull. It's more rewarding to over power a man and whip his *** than to shoot him. They got tased because they soft and really had no business taking things as far as they did

So do you want police brutality or nah? They're clearly trying to subdue him with as minimal harm as possible. You nut jobs need to make up your **** minds.

Advertisement
In a 2 on 1 situation you let a drunk man best you and take your taser. Already you deserve to be fired or reassigned.

Then while chasing him he, without really aiming, wildly fires the taser in your direction. The taser has no affect on you whatsoever. The guy takes a few additional steps and then you shoot him twice in the back most likely out of fear you you’ll have to fight him again.

The victim did not help matters but the cops are trash and should be held accountable. Cowards if you ask me. Any reasonable coward would have killed that man, not any reasonable person.

Fleeing felon rule.

Cops are trained to hit center mass and disable a threat to them or the public. One can argue this dude posed a threat to both. Cops don't aim for a leg to hobble a suspect. Add in the fact the DA himself considered tasers a deadly weapon just weeks ago in another case.... ahem.

One of the officers was tased and suffered a concussion in his fight with Brooks. I’m not sure how this plays into things.

It just blows my mind some of you don't see the hypocrisy in your comments.

They're ***** worthless cops because they didn't knock him out (brutality!), but had they beat him with billie clubs there would still be outrage.

Call them cowards for literally doing what they're trained to do, but attack the cop and not the root cause in the training.

These cops will skate and there will be more faux outrage. You really want to change something? Change the policy, not attack others upholding current policy.

This isn't a movie or crime show where they're trying to just immobilize him to keep him alive for questioning. You aim for center mass because it's the largest target when someone poses a threat to the cops or public. Yes, even in cases they're fleeing and you feel it's 'cowardly' to shoot them in the back (your job).

Look no further than the suspect who refused to own up to his actions as the true coward.

You all don't want 'change' because you never even specify what needs changing. You want to aimlessly direct your faux outrage at the end result and not how to improve it.

Last edited:
Advertisement

They're ***** worthless cops because they didn't know him out, but has they beat him with billie clubs there would still be outrage.

Call them cowards for literally doing what they're trained to do, but attack the cop and not the root cause in the training.

These cops will skate and there will be more faux outrage. You really want to change something? Change the policy, not attack others upholding current policy.

This isn't a movie or crime show where they're trying to just immobilize him to keep him alive for questioning. You aim for center mass because it's the largest target when someone poses a threat to the cops or public. Yes, even in cases they're fleeing and you feel it's 'cowardly' to shoot them in the back (your job).
I agree they'll be outrage if they kicked the guys ***. I should even acknowledge the current situation might have helped pussify them. I just feel a cop should be able to hold his own against a sloppy worthless drunk.
That being said that fleeing felon left it open to his end result by his actions. Don't do an action if you can't handle the outcome.

Top to bottom. All these folks are frauds and crooks. The whole system needs to be rested. Governmental officials included.

I agree they'll be outrage if they kicked the guys ***. I should even acknowledge the current situation might have helped pussify them. I just feel a cop should be able to hold his own against a sloppy worthless drunk.
That being said that fleeing felon left it open to his end result by his actions. Don't do an action if you can't handle the outcome.

I have no doubt the current BLM situation played a role. Just another example of how dangerous the situation is. You don't think they were trying NOT to be the next guy on film knocking a black dude out? Instead of being able to do their job without additional thought. They're trying to be extra cautious.

I have no doubt the current BLM situation played a role. Just another example of how dangerous the situation is. You don't think they were trying NOT to be the next guy on film knocking a black dude out? Instead of being able to do their job without additional thought. They're trying to be extra cautious.
I agree.
Then i retract my previous statement as being ignorant.

Advertisement
This pilgrim took a taser from a cop and tasered TWO COPS and was brought in with out a scratch.

1592585092968.png

This guy did less than the guy above and He didn't even make it to the precinct.

1592585188640.png

Thee End.

They're ***** worthless cops because they didn't knock him out (brutality!), but had they beat him with billie clubs there would still be outrage.

Look no further than the suspect who refused to own up to his actions as the true coward.

You all don't want 'change' because you never even specify what needs changing. You want to aimlessly direct your faux outrage at the end result and not how to improve it.

I don’t think anyone would argue if the cops whooped him a bit after what he did. The cops aren’t going to go to jail for this at the end of the day but the message is sent. Think twice before you shoot somebody. I’m glad the officers that can’t handle that are resigning. Get some fresh blood on the force.

Advertisement
I remember that for self-defense. My question is going more towards the commission of a deadly felony and stopping the completion of it. @Ash Joshi sounds like this is up your area.
The whole case is very tricky.
2 weeks ago DA Paul Howard called stun guns deadly weapons when he charged Atlanta cops with Aggravated Assault for using a deadly/offensive weapon on 2 college students.
Now we have Brooks who clearly fought with cops, took an officer's stun gun, and while running, fired back at the officer, who then discharged his weapon numerous times. The legal standard for self-defense cases is the "reasonable person" standard. Basically, would a reasonable person have been in fear for his life or of receiving great bodily injury at moment the officer pulled the trigger.
Going back to RVA's original question; a person cannot initiate a confrontation and then claim self defense. So I can't start punching you, you pull a knife, and then I shoot you and clam self-defense from the knife, because I started the confrontation.
Similarly, even if I was justified in acting in self-defense initially, if that ended and I then pursued you and killed you that also would not be self-defense. Imagine I show up at your house with a gun and threaten your life, but then I leave. you can't get in the car and pursue me and kill me and claim self-defense because the threat ended.
I hope I have answered some of the questions. If not, throw more my way and I'll do me best to answer without interjecting too much personal thought.
Except this. Fulton county has the most educated jury pools in the state. Emotion will mean nothing.

Thanks Joshi. Back to the hypothetical a sec, I read somewhere (maybe Florida statute not Ga.) a cop "can legally (not same as "should)" shoot a fleeing felon to stop him from getting away if he committed something like a murder just before (as in hypothetical) or maybe there is a murder warrant outstanding for him, or abused a child, or something else awful. In N. Fla they have trouble finding cops (low pay, many openings, and what they get dont always shoot straight, run fast, or think fast, as we see, SOMETIMES).

"Stop or I'll shoot" means exactly what if you don't have this legal option. Anyway, back to Atlanta, Andrew points out the victim seemingly did Tase the other officer causing a concussion, then fleed. What CAN be done (legally in any state?) to stop someone fleeing, is the question I have, hypothetical or otherwise.

Paul Howard is the farthest ting you can ever imagine from an activist. He is also not a good DA.
He is simply a politician. And he will do and Say anything necessary to keep his job. He could care less about whether this cop should be prosecuted. But he has an election on August 11 and that is what this is about.
W.e. he is it must include the adjectives immoral, unethical, and coward. You said you practice law in GA. It appears to me that DA is sacrificing the officer in order to not upset the locals.

Advertisement
I barely remember this from law school and never practiced criminal law but I think there’s a thing where if you are shooting a fleeing deadly felon/ continuing the act of committing a deadly felony like a murder, you can but if they are stopped and detained and then flee, I don’t know if that changes it???? @Gatorhater or @TimeB0mb might know.
This is true, as he was still a Continuing Threat when he was shot. This same Prosecutor a couple of weeks ago stated that under Georgia law the Use of Taser or Stun gun while in the commission of a Crime is a Deadly weapon. The Taser or Stun gun Alone isn’t a deadly weapon, But How and When it’s Use determines whether it’s Deadly.

Howard should step aside from the case. The guy is a complete train wreck. He's in the middle of an election, came in second in the primary and is in a runoff election to save his job. His handling of this case has all sorts of political overturns and he also finds himself under investigation for scamming Fulton County. His nephew is Dwight Howard. Years ago, his office prosecuted the Ray Lewis case and totally blew it.

W.e. he is it must include the adjectives immoral, unethical, and coward. You said you practice law in GA. It appears to me that DA is sacrificing the officer in order to not upset the locals.
Brother, Paul isn’t thinking about anyone but Paul. He has a run-off on August 11, and his opponent (admittedly my classmate and friend) garnered more votes in the primary, but due to a 3rd candidate getting votes, no one had 50%. Paul is only about Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back