They need a better prosecutor than this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the Georgia code and lots of commentary on lawful use of deadly force (by cops or others) and cannot find or understand:

(Just to make it extra clear, assume) A cop sees a perp fire a gun at a citizen who falls and dies (or appears seriously wounded.) The cop draws his own gun and yells drop it, which the Perp does. The perp is searched no weapons or stuff, and is about to be handcuffed when he slips away and runs down the street. I thought because he had committed such a serious felony the cop, by Georgia Law, could shoot him if he has no other way to stop him in the chase. But I don't see such an "allowance" or exception. Anyone know the actual legal eagle literal view of this?

(EDIT: PS, I know this is different than the case that just went down; just interested in what the law says about this sort of extreme example.)

Advertisement
I am multi-racial but this guy is a disgrace to my race.

In this one he is currently under investigation for redirecting $140,000 to his own salary from a non-profit organization.
Race aside, there's no way he's getting convictions on those charges.

Advertisement
I read the Georgia code and lots of commentary on lawful use of deadly force (by cops or others) and cannot find or understand:

(Just to make it extra clear, assume) A cop sees a perp fire a gun at a citizen who falls and dies (or appears seriously wounded.) The cop draws his own gun and yells drop it, which the Perp does. The perp is searched no weapons or stuff, and is about to be handcuffed when he slips away and runs down the street. I thought because he had committed such a serious felony the cop, by Georgia Law, could shoot him if he has no other way to stop him in the chase. But I don't see such an "allowance" or exception. Anyone know the actual legal eagle literal view of this?

(EDIT: PS, I know this is different than the case that just went down; just interested in what the law says about this sort of extreme example.)
Idk about Georgia Law but at that point you wouldn’t be able to shoot him.

Advertisement

I barely remember this from law school and never practiced criminal law but I think there’s a thing where if you are shooting a fleeing deadly felon/ continuing the act of committing a deadly felony like a murder, you can but if they are stopped and detained and then flee, I don’t know if that changes it???? @Gatorhater or @TimeB0mb might know.

Its not provable for anything. Joke charges. Its not even a reasonable person standard- its what a reasonable cop would do in that situation. Any cop in the world would return fire if someone had assaulted them during the course of an arrest, forcibly took his taser, then tried to shoot him with it.

I've been tasered before- it's no picnic.
What I find to be very disturbing is these two cops let one man whip their ***. Maybe if they could fight they wouldn't need weapons. Only cowards are quick to pull. It's more rewarding to over power a man and whip his *** than to shoot him. They got tased because they soft and really had no business taking things as far as they did

Advertisement
Thank Gawd !! Thank Gawd some of our posters are NOT asked for our "enlightened " opinions on these events

Last edited:
Advertisement
What I find to be very disturbing is these two cops let one man whip their ***. Maybe if they could fight they wouldn't need weapons. Only cowards are quick to pull. It's more rewarding to over power a man and whip his *** than to shoot him. They got tased because they soft and really had no business taking things as far as they did
Whip his ***? So you're actually with police brutality.. interesting take considering your other posts.

The DA gave into the mob, he is a coward. Just like the Minneapolis mayor, the Seattle mayor, the Seattle police chief, Atlanta police chief, etc.

If possible he should be disbarred and once this officer is acquitted he should sue the **** out of the City.
So did the DA in Gotham City too until Harvey Dent came through

I barely remember this from law school and never practiced criminal law but I think there’s a thing where if you are shooting a fleeing deadly felon/ continuing the act of committing a deadly felony like a murder, you can but if they are stopped and detained and then flee, I don’t know if that changes it???? @Gatorhater or @TimeB0mb might know.

Fear of Imminent serious bodily harm or death . . . [generally - not actual Georgia statue]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back