They hate us cuz they ain’t us

Advertisement
Boo Hoo Lou wanted no part of a rematch, saying, "we already beat them...what more do we have to prove?"
You proved NOTHING Lou...in basically a tie game on your home field, that you were statistically dominated.
Miami got their revenge next season, the 27-10 ****-whuppin’ at the OB in 89.

So close to 5 NCs in a row:

85 - Beat Tennessee
86 - Beat Penn State
87 - Won NC
88 - Beat ND in season or in bowl rematch that ND wouldn’t play
89 - Won NC

And isn’t as though people don’t dislike Bama or UGA. But as programs they are boring.
People/programs/teams that are exciting engender a great deal of emotion, both positive and negative.

Let’s use the rap group NWA as an example. Hated/loved/feared but never boring. Now compare NWA to a group like Genesis. Do you know anyone who hates Genesis? Do you know anyone for whom Genesis is their favorite group? No and no.
We were/are NWA.
Bama/UGA are Genesis.

As Matt Damon says in Good Will Hunting, “well at least I won’t be unoriginal”.
Bama and UGA are the San Antonio Spurs. We were the Showtime Lakers

Advertisement
I guess that's good publicity for the U. It reminds people that we used to be relevant. Something more and more young commentators (like McElroy) seem to be clueless about.

The article also acts as a rallying call for the tribe to come together and pointless beat our chests. Much like the multiple yearly greatest team of all time conversations.

I guess 20 years ago they hated us because they weren’t us

Now they just hate us because we don’t stop talking about 20 years ago

Advertisement
Exactly we're not even relevant to be hated. My friends think I'm delusional being a die hard Cane, but we are way far from great like Bama, or GA to be hated. I'd be shocked if we win 6 games this year with our coaches.
If Tvd is used correctly we should score on everyone at will imo regardless if we get any new receivers. We have great te receivers and Walton is arguably one of best pass catching rbs from last couple classes nationally

Advertisement
Back