These dudes are going through the motions

I saw like 5 straight incompletions, starting around 14:00, 4 of which were drops. Did not see great effort and definitely did not see any reaction to or consequences for the drops. Just seemed to be accepted from the receivers. I wish I'd not seen that.

It isn't an effort drill. It's to make a tough over the shoulder catch and the sun is in play as well. They aren't allowed to turn around for it.

I personally think it's a dumb drill. Have them run it full speed and allow them to fight for the ball with a defender on them.

You won't see that kind of play in a game. A play where it's in slow motion with nobody going but a quarter of the speed of a game with a pop up ball thrown to the moon. Get them down in the end zone and practice a true fade. This **** does nothing for either the QB or WR.

You can hear Lashlee yelling to catch the ball on one occasion for sure and there were some other things I couldn't hear with Mr. Monotone blathering about nothing. Why does this guy have access?

Advertisement
1631882450379.jpeg

Unfortunately with the rule changes this is how most practices look at the D1 level. Go watch Bama practices online, they are not much different.

Gone are the days where you could do Oklahoma or nutcracker drills to drum up intensity.

Personally, coaching at the high school level I struggle with it. The only thing I can control is the pace to drum up intensity.

Advertisement
It isn't an effort drill. It's to make a tough over the shoulder catch and the sun is in play as well. They aren't allowed to turn around for it.

I personally think it's a dumb drill. Have them run it full speed and allow them to fight for the ball with a defender on them.

You won't see that kind of play in a game. A play where it's in slow motion with nobody going but a quarter of the speed of a game with a pop up ball thrown to the moon. Get them down in the end zone and practice a true fade. This **** does nothing for either the QB or WR.

You can hear Lashlee yelling to catch the ball on one occasion for sure and there were some other things I couldn't hear with Mr. Monotone blathering about nothing. Why does this guy have access?
That's Christopher Stock of Inside The U.

It seems odd to be practicing going slow and dropping passes, but I admittedly know nothing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back