Therrell Gosier II

Darrell Langham is better than him. Y'all crazy.... He's a good ATH but I don't see him as a true WR, more of a flex TE. Langham is much more polished.

Advertisement
850 I don't think he attended but there's other dates for him to come he doesn't live that far so I hope he makes one..

And Maurice I respectfully disagree I wasn't really impressed w/ langham and IMO Gosier has a higher ceiling(could be wrong who knows). And I don't see him being a TE if that 4.5 is legit that's plenty fast to stay at receiver.. Did you see how he catches the ball in traffic? That's a nightmare for corners and safety's. And I don't think he should put on 40-60 lbs to be a TE with his frame and current speed..

Kid has the frame to easily convert to TE. Like I said before you'll have a better football team if you load up on superior "athletes" vs. average athletes that are highly rated for their "position". If you got stud athletes all over the field, its coaching that needs to turn those athletes into great players. FYI Bama understands how much money football brings to their university and will use it to no end to create a recruiting advantage. Put it like this, what else would attract a kid to Tuscaloosa? As the state of Alabama continues segregate their schools and communities, the only Blacks/African Americans they welcome are those that make them money, bring prestige to their universities and joy to their lives on Saturdays. If those kids really knew the makeup of the 90k+ plus they play for, would be ashamed of themselves. I think the parents, AA Educators, pastors, family and friends are doing a terrible injustice allowing their kids talent to entertain, financially enable and bring prestige to a society intent on oppressing, suppressing and creating an educational disadvantage for African Americans.

Very sobering assessment of the society in Alabama.

For years, especially back in the '80's, I could not understand why the blue-chip kids from North Florida wanted to go to UF, especially FSU, and the deep south states (places like Auburn, Alabama, etc.)

I would have thought the kids growing up in the small towns in north Florida, and the panhandle, etc. would die to get out and get to a big city like Miami. It never happened, though.

I was thinking that maybe the deep south has been changing, but maybe it has not. Very sad. Even if the kids succeed at the University of Alabama, how much are the kids going to get out of potential work and business connections after graduation? I think they're being sold a bill of goods. The kids can't see past the big games, the loud stadiums, and the promise of being celebrities on campus. How fast is that gone?

#Miami has picked up a commitment from 6-foot-6 Pompano Beach (Fla.) Blanche Ely wide receiver, Therrell Gosier.
#Hurricanes @livinglegend13

258.gif

Advertisement
Therrell Gosier won the WR challenge at the MAC 7v7 today in Palm Beach.

Other kids who lined up at receiver today at the same event..
Calvin Ridley
Shawn Burgess-Becker
Cavin Ridley
Binjimen Victor
Emmanuel Greene
James Gardner
And a lot more I'm not too familiar with.

I don't want to put too much stock into it but for a kid that is still making the transition to football and only played a couple games last year... I am EXTREMELY IMPRESSED...

Glad UM pulled the trigger on the offer. Can't say it enough but.. his ceiling is in outer space.

saw that and wondered who was there too. THANKS! That's great news. Looks like he's taking Peete's spot.

Man I told you! athletes win out every time against guys that who have played the position for longer, but don't have the athletic attributes like Gosier. Ridley and SBB poor kids easily impressed with superficial trappings of glamour and multi-million $ guarantees of pro contracts. They were like runaways at the bus station to a pimp. Man when they stayed the night in a plush "impress poor black athlete" rooms and saw that new training facility, it was a done deal. They could already see that new gold chain around their necks and Jordans to boot. Hopefully they succeed at Bama and make the NFL because we know they probably won't graduate from the Plantation

Advertisement

Calvin Ridley
Shawn Burgess-Becker
Cavin Ridley
Binjimen Victor
Emmanuel Greene
James Gardner

I don't want to put too much stock into it but for a kid that is still making the transition to football and only played a couple games last year... I am EXTREMELY IMPRESSED...

Glad UM pulled the trigger on the offer. Can't say it enough but.. his ceiling is in outer space.

To be fair, each school had one WR run down the field and catch a pass from all the schools QB's almost like the NFL combine. Gossier went 6 for 6 on his catches. Nothing special, but congrats to him nonetheless.

Advertisement

Calvin Ridley
Shawn Burgess-Becker
Cavin Ridley
Binjimen Victor
Emmanuel Greene
James Gardner

That's some good competition, I'm impressed. His size and speed combination is not something you can teach. Like his potential. Could really blow up after the camps and his season.

As for Peete. Were still going after him. The plan looks like trying to land Peete and stay agressive after Ridley and Burgess-Becker for 2015. Lot of fish in 2016 too. But we gotta close 2015 strong.

Update:

http://www.caneinsider.com/2014/10/08/therrell-gosier-15549/

Big Ely receiver in the fold: Therrell Gosier II grew up a Canes fan and committed the day he was offered
Posted by: Pat Lammer in Football Recruiting 1 day ago 0 325 Views

Therrell Gosier II grew up rooting for the Miami Hurricanes.
So when UM offered the highly-coveted Pompano Beach Blanche Ely wide receiver back in June, it didn’t take long for the 6-foot-6 Gosier to respond.
“Growing up as a young fella, you know, UM was my favorite school and everything,” he said.
Gosier verbally committed on the spot.
“That still stands. I’m still committed to Miami,” Gosier said. “You know, I would say my recruiting process is still open because, like, I am open to hear from any other coaches. But as of right now I’m still committed to Miami. I am still going to take my five visits and then we’ll see who I sign with on Signing Day.”
Gosier said he plans to concentrate on football during his senior season, taking possibly 1-2 official visits during the season.
“I know one is going to be Miami, West Virginia, Nebraska, Kentucky and Clemson,” he said. “I don’t have a date set really right now. I was supposed to go on one to West Virginia but something happened with the flight.
“I want to play the season. … My last visits I’m going to wait until I’m done with football. [Then] I’m going to sit back and think about everything.”
Gosier’s senior season has been off to a bit of a tough go.
There was a one-game suspension after an altercation in a 42-12 loss to start the season at Clewiston. And the Tigers are off to a 2-3 start overall after posting a victory over Fort Lauderdale last weekend.
“We’ve had two tough ones,” Ely Coach Nakia Jenkins said. “We should have beat Deerfield, we should have beat Northwestern. We just have to know how to finish.”
Ely plays its first home game of the season — believe it or not — Friday vs. Plantation High.
“Therrell has everybody wanting him,” Jenkins said. “[Besides Miami,] Louisville, Ohio State, South Carolina, University of Florida, Florida State.
“He’s got to get really busy. He’s got to get himself going. He’s been slow for the first four games. He’s got to get some catches, he’s got to start being a little more consistent. For that kid, a 6-7 giant like that, the sky is the limit for him.”
Gosier said a couple of the biggest factors in him picking Miami were a good education and the relationship with the coaches. He said wide receivers coach Brennan Carroll has been his main recruiter.
“Al Golden, man, he came down there and changed the program around and it looked like something I wanted to be a part of,” Gosier said of committing to UM. “They’ve got a good program, like we’ve really come up from the sanctions we had. He really built the program after that. That’s one of the key reasons why I committed.”
Gosier said it hasn’t hurt that Miami has picked up some of the top wide receiver commits in the state, including local standouts Sam Bruce, of Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas; Dionte Mullins, of Miami Gulliver Prep; and Dredrick Snelson, of American Heritage-Plantation in the 2016 class.
“It really helps because we are getting some of the good talent down here,” Gosier said. “They’re not going off to other schools — they’re staying right here in our backyard. So it helps having good players committed around me.
“I really don’t want to go anywhere where a school’s going to make it easy for me to get playing time. I want to go there and fight, and for anything I get I’ve earned.”
Miami currently has 21 verbal commitments in its 2015 class (counting the reclassification of Miami Booker T. Washington running back Mark Walton). Verbal commitments are nonbinding. National Signing Day is the first Wednesday in February.
- Pat Lammer

Im old as **** if Nakia Jenkins is Elys coach now! I remember when we recruited him at WR out of Coconut creek back in the day!!

Btw, how old is this article? Some of those quotes about "changing the program" cant be current when the dumpster fire that is our program right now.

Gosier is an intriguing prospect. Saw him live twice this year and he DEFINITELY passes the look test thats for sure.

Advertisement
Im old as **** if Nakia Jenkins is Elys coach now! I remember when we recruited him at WR out of Coconut creek back in the day!!

Btw, how old is this article? Some of those quotes about "changing the program" cant be current when the dumpster fire that is our program right now.

Gosier is an intriguing prospect. Saw him live twice this year and he DEFINITELY passes the look test thats for sure.

Article was posted yesterday.

Article was posted yesterday.

My cousin films Clewiston games and when I told him Gosier was a commit, he said Do not want! Said he was a non factor and Clewiston completely shut him down...thus, causing the fight.

Advertisement
Back