Therell Gosier decommitted

Advertisement
Fines is not that good and would be suprised if he ever gets meaningful playing time here.

Fines is not that good and would be suprised if he ever gets meaningful playing time here.

As long as Golden is here and sticks to a 3-4 scheme, Fines will play. He is ideal for a 2 gap system. Everyone said the same about Courtel Jenkins last year and he was arguably one of our best DT this year as a freshman, the only difference with Fines is that he'll probably get a RS year

Advertisement

As long as Golden is here and sticks to a 3-4 scheme, Fines will play. He is ideal for a 2 gap system. Everyone said the same about Courtel Jenkins last year and he was arguably one of our best DT this year as a freshman, the only difference with Fines is that he'll probably get a RS year

i owe jenkins a HUGE apology. i thought he was a redshirt project but i knew he would be a tough kid cause where he is from. for a kid that had no off-season training and was not an EE, he played very well.

And as far as Brendan Loftus he won't be decommitting anytime soon I just looked at his twitter and he posted a pic with Golden and Kehoe at his house the 19th.

Boom to this. I laugh when people are down on Fines. HE IS A 2 GAP NOSE GUARD!!!! You mide as well say Dontari Poe and Big Vince aren't that great either! Because Fines didn't have 80 tackes, 20 TFLs, and 16 sacks people think he is a bum. That's not his job. And that wont be his job in this scheme. You would think after 4 years of watching this BS scheme that people would understand the type of player we are looking for here. Smh.

Throw in that DT-Fines(From IMG) as well... and this is a good start to NSD.

You must have some inside info about silent commits,

because I sure as **** don't want the only DT commit in the class out with no one else committed and no high value targets likely to commit here (e.g. Green in Cali) to get cut loose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Cutting the loose weight

I disagree. I see this as a big loss in a weak (2015) receiver class. Gosier had the most potential out of any recruit we had signed. Guy is pushing 6-7 and a track athlete with hops on the basketball court. Only thing he had needed to work on was his footwork, cuts, and route running, and understanding how to shield smaller athletes, all which in college he would have worked on everyday. He already has good ball attacking skills. Since he's gone, I would love to add Richie Cooper or Kirk Merritt.

Last edited:
I figured this was coming, we must have needed to clear some space for other kids and with the haul we have coming in the next 2 years, it made Gosier expendable. Also he was one of the only recruits that hadn't scheduled a visit to campus.

Throw in that DT-Fines(From IMG) as well... and this is a good start to NSD.

No. Due to our sever lack of depth at DT, fines is a must have. Marginal talent, but we don't have the numbers to cut him loose this late in the game.

Amen. Need a massive amount of help/depth at the DT position. Fines may not the next coming of Ndamukong Sue but I'll take him unless we somehow pull Rasheem Green, Kendrick Norton, and another DT.

Hyperbole right there. When Jenkins committed people were upset because at the time Moten and Clark were going to UF. As the season went on, Jenkins started getting attention from other major schools, especially Ohio State, and us fans were happy with the pick up. Whereas fines has always been an underwhelming prospect.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good Luck Therell! Your future is bright. One day you gonna be happy as **** you never played for Alice Grolden! As far as a DT that fits Alice's and his butt buddy's scheme....Its too stupid to say anybody does! Hopefully Fines surprises the **** out of us and is a monster because I get more excited for my alarm clock to go off when I'm just about to bust one in a dream.

Cutting the loose weight

I disagree. I see this as a big loss in a weak (2015) receiver class. Gosier had the most potential out of any recruit we had signed. Guy was pushing 6-7 and a track athlete with hops on the basketball court. Only thing he had needed to work on was his footwork, cuts, and route running, and understanding how to shield smaller athletes, all which in college he would have worked on everyday. He already has good ball attacking skills. Since he's gone, I would love to add Richie Cooper or Kirk Merritt.

This right here. Unfortunately, in a year of supposed "reduced scholies" we just don't have the room for guys like this and it sucks. Smh. No room to develop kids anymore. We need instant impact guys and he is not one of those.

..if the kid doesn't want to be at Miami it's not rocket science saying that he doesn't need to be at Miami.. the program needs kids who want to be there and be a part of turning things around.. hungry kids, and kids with heart that are willing to work until they can't work anymore for the team and towards getting that winning edge back.. kids that understand if they work hard and find success that they don't need to worry about getting to the NFL because they realize that with that team success things at the next level will follow.

Al's sending the junkyard dogs to the pound making room for the thoroughbreds he's going to close with.

Advertisement
Back