There is no way UM doesn't know "Mario's Answer" by now

Advertisement
Let Utah beat Oregon again to lessen the sting of Mario coming here
If it’s in the bag, I’d rather Oregon beat Utah, let Mario go out on a high note, and then rip the Ducks’ hearts out shortly after for disrespecting this program.

Oh and then poach their recruiting class.

I think Mario cares about UM too much to have not told them 'no' by now if 'no' were really his answer.
Who would he be saying no to? There’s no one capable of offering him and the bot is split on lots of things

I don't believe an AD has to be in place before a head coach. If Mario wants to come he's coming no matter who the AD is so I can see a scenario where we get both Mario and an AD this weekend or even the AD a few days after

Advertisement
I think from an optics standpoint the AD has to hire Mario. It's going to look like a s*** show if Miami hires a coach without an AD in place.

The more I think about this the more part of me thinks sandbagging on hiring an AD is a smoke screen to buy Mario time to coach his game this weekend and get his affairs in order. Everyone is talking about Miami and the AD search and not about Miami and Cristobal.

I'm going to predict Cristobal to UM, Kiffin to Oregon. Not quite tropical waters for Kiffin, but he only has to deal with Riley in the Pac 12 (and USC is in a different division). Given the resources and lack of conference competition, I'd say Oregon would more attractive than Oklahoma right now. Kiffin wants back to the NFL. Chip Kelly never won a ring but he got a NFL HC job out of Oregon so it can be done.
I could see kiffin or the BYU guy at Oregon.

Advertisement
I keep seeing "what if Mario says no"...I seriously doubt UM is waiting until after the game tomorrow night to see if Mario wants the job (even with lack of organization shown so far). He knows and they know by now. If it weren't him you would have to assume the Kiffin deal would already be done by now or they are just simply keeping Manny...again, as I said before, my gut says Mario is a done deal.
Man, don't you know this is not Miami of the Sam Yanchovich days 🤔

supposedly one of the Miami coaches said "Oregon is about to break the bank, y'all are f*cking delusional".
Coming back home to Miami is not about money. Sure, Mario wants to be paid his worth to the level of his achievements, but this is home where he grew up. This is his alma mater. This is family.

IMO, Miami won't need to match whatever Oregon puts on the table. I don't think he's driven by money. At least not when it comes to Miami.

I don't believe an AD has to be in place before a head coach. If Mario wants to come he's coming no matter who the AD is so I can see a scenario where we get both Mario and an AD this weekend or even the AD a few days after
Mario wouldn't have came with Blake as AD...

Advertisement
Coming back home to Miami is not about money. Sure, Mario wants to be paid his worth to the level of his achievements, but this is home where he grew up. This is his alma mater. This is family.

IMO, Miami won't need to match whatever Oregon puts on the table. I don't think he's driven by money. At least not when it comes to Miami.
He gonna get paid, more concerned about staff money.

On top of all that, them Covid rules out West is for the birds.

Advertisement

Then we’re likely getting a puppet at AD and we didn’t learn anything.

It is not like the AD is being given/forced Saban/Dabo, they’re being forced to accept and have zero input on the HC.

Because we haven’t fired him. And I don’t believe the reports that the BOT/President are running cover for Mario. I instead believe the reports that we may keep Manny if we can’t land a big fish. Cause that’s the Miami move.
I’m finding it hard to believe (I know, it’s Miami) that it’s Mario or fallback to Manny. Even if they pass on Kiffin, there’s no other qualified candidate in all of footballdom better than Manny that would take the job. I find that difficult to believe, and I’d be totally underwhelmed by the search firm or the big three in making that determination.

Advertisement
Back