There is a scrimmage today?

Anyone taking solace or pleasure in Heaps sitting out with an injury is an idiot. Or not a Canes fan.

Advertisement
I mean, is anyone surprised? We probably were sending McCord, Kamalu and AQM at Trevor Darling / Kc McDermott (freshmen), Danny Isidora (0 starts), Taylor Gadbois (0 starts), etc.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a lot of Feliciano at Right Tackle this year, just to break up the inexperience. Never want 2 first-time starters next to each other on the o-line if you can help it.

Also. makes me feel like our D might be getting more aggressive...

Defensive line dominated the offensive line (particularly right side) on passing downs resulting in a total of six or seven sacks. Some of that was on Kaaya's slow read on the plays.

Reading this has me shook about our OL this year. Things are looking bleak.

Shook me about Kaaya, also.

Defensive line dominated the offensive line (particularly right side) on passing downs resulting in a total of six or seven sacks. Some of that was on Kaaya's slow read on the plays.

Or is the defense that much better, yeah not feeling great about that.

Advertisement

Or is the defense that much better, yeah not feeling great about that.

Secondary was doing work.

They need to run the ball 40 times. Passes limited to only some PA, quick game to avoid the rush and a handful of short high percentage stuff.

Duke 24 carries....Yearby 5-6 Gus 5-6 and maybe a few for Choc.

Hold onto the ball for almost 40 mins.

Advertisement
206.gif

They need to run the ball 40 times. Passes limited to only some PA, quick game to avoid the rush and a handful of short high percentage stuff.

Duke 24 carries....Yearby 5-6 Gus 5-6 and maybe a few for Choc.

Hold onto the ball for almost 40 mins.

Couldn't agree more.
Every pass better be a play action.

One of the best qb's who ever lived, Payton Manning, looked like crap as a freshman, and you know Manning studied quite a bit.
Just tough for a freshman.
Our running game needs to make it easier on whoever our qb is.

Nothing wrong with 10 play drives consisting of 7 runs, 2 screen passes and an additional play action pass.

Advertisement
Advertisement
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Monday night was filled with football in Coral Gables as the Miami Hurricanes held their second scrimmage of #CanesCamp.

The Canes were out on the Greentree Practice Fields for a two-hour scrimmage, and players on both sides of the ball wasted little time making an impression on the coaches and NFL scouts in attendance.

The offense got on the scoreboard early as Matt Goudis hit a 38-yard field goal on the team's second series of the evening. Brad Kaaya added six more points when he connected with Stacy Coley on a three-yard touchdown pass. Kevin Olsen's nine-yard touchdown pass to Tyre Brady completed the first half scoring for the offense.

Kaaya got the Hurricane offense into the end zone for the final time Monday night when he found fullback Walter Tucker in the end zone for a score from nine yards out.

Several of Miami's running backs had impressive showing on Monday, led by freshman Joseph Yearby. The former Miami Central standout rushed for a team-high 71 yards, including a game-best 33-yard run. Duke Johnson, Gus Edwards and Trayone Gray also had several impressive runs.

Fifteen different Canes caught a pass on Monday, with freshman Braxton Berrios leading the way with five catches for 48 yards. Seven Hurricanes has multiple catches and senior tight end Raphael Akpejiori recorded his first catch in a scrimmage.

Linebacker Thurston Armbrister picked off a pass and returned it for a 40-yard touchdown, but the junior linebacker was not the only defensive standout on Monday night. Malik Mayweather also had an interception late in the first half, while senior linebacker Denzel Perryman delivered a loud and forceful hit on Edwards in the second half for a three-yard loss. Perryman finished the night with five tackles.

Al-Quadin Muhammad was active in the backfield, recording two of Miami's seven sacks on Monday. Anthony Chickillo, Jermaine Grace, Ufomba Kamalu, Tyriq McCord and Darrion Owens also sacked the quarterback in Monday's scrimmage.

The Hurricane defense finished the scrimmage with 10 tackles for loss, five pass breakups and two passes deflected at the line of scrimmage.

The Canes will return to Greentree Wednesday for a two-a-day session beginning at 8:20 a.m. For the latest information on Miami Hurricanes Football, follow @MiamiHurricanes on Twitter and the official blog for Hurricanes Football, www.theufootball.com.

http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=209611229

Good god, now we're down to two Freshmen. Jesus, I hope we win 4 games. lol. Hope Ryan gets back sooner than later.

Advertisement
Back