There are nearly 10 local offensive linemen headed to FBS programs between Miami-Dade and Broward Counties:

D

deleted1998

Put this in a thread, but I think it deserves its own. Behind a pay wall. https://theathletic.com/692401/2018...-play-now-plus-other-recruiting-developments/

There are nearly 10 local offensive linemen headed to FBS programs between Miami-Dade and Broward Counties: Carol City four-star guard Wardrick Wilson (Florida), St. Thomas Aquinas three-star center Vincent Murphy (South Carolina), three-star tackle Jake Pope (Kentucky) and three-star guard Julian Hernandez (Vanderbilt), Northwestern three-star tackle Mark Fox (South Carolina), Cardinal Gibbons three-star guard Jamari Williams (Arizona), Columbus three-star guard Luis Cristobal (Georgia State), Norland three-star guard Josh Blanchard (USF) and Somerset Academy two-star tackle Vashon Bailey (Central Michigan).

Other local three-star uncommitted offensive line prospects include: Fort Lauderdale tackle Kaleb Boateng (6-4, 293), Champagnat tackle Michael Cartwright (6-5, 293) and Deerfield Beach tackle Robert Boyd (6-6, 300).

Some, like Boateng, are making it blatantly obviously they want Miami’s attention.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean...not all "FBS" programs are created equal.

We've offered Smith, give us a day or week, I'm sure another will get offered. you gotta realize, dudes were committed like 10 months.

Advertisement
I foresee a regurge of the same brilliant insights some on here had about the kid from Butler.

Until he got offered by SEC schools and Oklahoma.

Then crickets.

No one on here has a single clue what’s going on with these kids or the kid from Ohio. Just like they didn’t with Kennedy.

Advertisement
I'd like to see the way you idiots would have cried if we had more than 1 of Boateng/Boyd/Pope/Cartwright, etc....in this class for summer.

Now you want them all offered. two faced idiots

It’s no secret I’m a fan of local guys. To me, it makes sense to go after the best ones early (Maurice Smith, Jake Pope) and start a no-offer-yet dialogue with interesting guys like Boateng.

That way, you have a base established while you chase more difficult out-of-state or North Florida targets.

D,

I agree...But you know as well as I do this board would have blown up if we had commits from more than 1 on that list and the OL class wrapped up in that fashion by summer

They are backup plans for a reason, now's the time to go down the pecking order and start with who you liked the best, has some upside, is the less of 2 evils.

They did have dialogue with Smith. And I'm sure will pick dialogue back up with another 1 or 2 soon...You have to remember these kids were committed for 10 **** months, Tarquin among the most solid of the commits and due to enroll in 2 weeks!

FWIW Jamari Williams wants the offer too. He was upset getting passed over for Smith when he got his offer this weekend, but acknowledged Smith deserved it

Advertisement
They did have dialogue with Smith. And I'm sure will pick dialogue back up with another 1 or 2 soon...You have to remember these kids were committed for 10 **** months, Tarquin among the most solid of the commits and due to enroll in 2 weeks!

Smith to me should have been an offer all year. If Kingsley can play guard, great. If he's a center only, let him and Smith battle. We aren't in a position to be turning down good linemen.

You are correct that the board would've been ****ed if we offered some of these guys back in spring. I'm trying to change the dialogue on local guys. Healthy OL recruiting at Miami is a mix of the best local guys and OOS talent.

Smith to me should have been an offer all year. If Kingsley can play guard, great. If he's a center only, let him and Smith battle. We aren't in a position to be turning down good linemen.

t.

I hear you, I like Smith too...But...two centers in a 4 man class is kinda tough to justify when tackle is the more desperate need on the line, and we have to be so defensive front 7 heavy in this class to begin with.

Could see waiting or taking smith early, think that's a toss up, maybe I would have taken the central kid in the first place, but they musta really liked Eguakan at the time.

I'd like to see the way you idiots would have cried if we had more than 1 of Boateng/Boyd/Pope/Cartwright, etc....in this class, signed and sealed, by this past summer.

Now you want them all offered. two faced idiots

The real question is would the crying be greater than, less than, or equal to the crying over having ZERO OL recruits committed as of 12/4. I'm honestly not sure what the answer is, but I don't like the thought of South Carolina getting more OL recruits from South Florida than Miami.

Advertisement
Back