Normally, I would agree with you.
However, ESPN still builds the bias into this particular GC metric by using their preseason ranking system to evaluate GC from the beginning of the season, and it continues to impact even after the CFP rankings are released. If ESPN determines GC by putting Miami up against how ESPN believes the average Top 25 team should perform, and the Top 25 ranking is full of unfair bias, then the GC metric is also inherently flawed.
I probably posted this in the wrong place yesterday, but this post pretty much summed up why I think ESPN needs to GTFO out of all of this. The conflict of interest is insane and I can’t believe there’s not an antitrust suit yet.
Oh good lord, again, Lane is in the SEC at Ole Miss with a way harder path than Mario at Miami the past to seasons in the pathetic ACC. As soon as I get a good usable image for you, as your avatar isn’t ideal for this, you are going in the Passover dinner here amongst the St. CoRchibal purists.
View attachment 343235
I’m not going to argue against Lane in favor of Mario. However, I am starting to think that Lane doesn’t have a harder path to the playoffs than Mario, given what we are seeing. If the SEC is getting so many more spots in the CFP, and the ACC is struggling to even get one, is...