Theory: Tate getting a waiver and will play in 2019....

Thank you, I meant to look that up, didn't recall them mentioning what they/he did for a living.

He is a territory manager meaning he is the middle man between company headquarters and who they distribute their supplies to. Not like he owned 1 roofing business. He supplies the roofing businesses in that area.

Advertisement
Tate has a better chance than not to get a waiver. You'd be amazed at how much goes in your favor when u come from money.
Completely irrelevant (in this case) how much money his family has
On one hand l, I agree with you. On the other hand, the older I get, the more I come to understand to never underestimate the power of money!

You've obviously never seen QB1. That tells u everything u need to know about his upbringing. Or was that all paid for by boosters bc Tate is an "elite athlete"? Lmao

So because you saw an edited, made-for-tv Netflix series about 3 high school QBs, one being Martell, you think you know everything you need to know about his upbringing? Clips from one football season and you know the kid's life story? That's some narrow-minded thinking.

And here's something to consider and digest: reality tv is not reality. You are only seeing what the people editing the footage want you to see.

Well what the heck did fields have other than “Fromm beat me out?” I actually completely agree that Tate will play this year. I’d honestly be passed if he couldn’t. But then again this is the U not OSU. Lol
Fields can use the issue of a UGA student athlete using the N word in the stands during a game and that there was blatant racism in UGA sports

Advertisement
If Martell is declared eligible, I will be shocked. When has the NCAA ever done anything that helped Miami? The answer is NEVER, and I'm almost certain that they will find a way to keep Martell off the field for 2019. Go ask Dewan Hernandez about the NCAA and how they deal with Miami.

It’s like these people are ignoring our history with the NCAA.

I’ve said it before, I hope I’m dead wrong, but I don’t see Martell getting the waiver. I hope there’s not a complete meltdown on this board, but I think it’s going to happen.

I don't think for one second that the NCAA will give Martell a waiver. The merits of his case will not matter. The NCAA will always fook Miami. There will be a board meltdown, as there should be. The NCAA will absolutely set out to ruin what could be a special season with Martell at the helm.

I just don't see how they can deny him but I've been wrong before. If they do, it'll be an obvious bias against Miami. This is a high profile situation. Idk if the NCAA wants that smoke, because there better be smoke coming from our end if his waiver is denied.

Advertisement
I just don't see how they can deny him but I've been wrong before. If they do, it'll be an obvious bias against Miami. This is a high profile situation. Idk if the NCAA wants that smoke, because there better be smoke coming from our end if his waiver is denied.
That is the way I see it too, I thought Meyer would be out at OSU for the same reason so sure I'll be wrong on this also.

Anything is possible I guess

But seriously anyone really expecting Miami to be getting any kind of break from the NCAA, on Martell or on ANYTHING......please wake me when and if that ever happens

Ive been waiting to have that celebration for years

Last edited:
Advertisement
That’s totally how that works. Not the fact he came from urban Meyers toxic environment that leaked from uf to Ohio st or the fact that he had a coaching Change. iTs bEcAuSe yOu cOmE fRoM moNeY

Literally bro you’re captain autismo
Hold on a second... if the players retain a lawyer to navigate the process, which apparently they do, then yes... money matters.

Hold on a second... if the players retain a lawyer to navigate the process, which apparently they do, then yes... money matters.

There’s not a single D1 football player that can’t get a lawyer in these cases. Even low profile ones. With little or no cost to them. No, money matters not in these cases.

Advertisement
There’s not a single D1 football player that can’t get a lawyer in these cases. Even low profile ones. With little or no cost to them. No, money matters not in these cases.
Wouldn’t that be like saying there’s no difference between a fresh outta law school public defender, and Matlock?

With no insight into how the system works, at all, I’d imagine there’s better (costlier) lawyers if one can pay.

Wouldn’t that be like saying there’s no difference between a fresh outta law school public defender, and Matlock?

With no insight into how the system works, at all, I’d imagine there’s better (costlier) lawyers if one can pay.

Start paying attention. Have you seen some of the quotes from Martel’s lawyer. A public defender would’ve been better.

Advertisement
Back