@TheOriginalCane -- How many counters we got?

@TheOriginalCane much appreciated for all the break down on IC's

No problem. Believe me, my heart sank when I saw "December 15, 2021".

That is really one HELLUVA hoop to jump through. The rule change is only for this year (currently), and then you don't get credit for guys who leave before December 15, 2021? At least make it the date that the legislation passed.

So...Spring 2022 is gonna be the Portal-pocalypse, I guess...

Advertisement
This is great stuff.

So 23+7 = 30 but we only get the +7 if 7 more kids hit the portal AFTER end of next week and are enrolled elsewhere next semester or headed into the Falll.

Considering we need to see more attrition to get below our 85 team cap anyway, I’m not really sure if the AFTER 12/15 matters that much. And we’re going to lose more guys count on it. Some JAGS and some we won’t want to lose. Mario’s relentlessness is not for the faint of heart and some players are going to be in for a surprise come mat drills and winter camp.

30 potential additions is a lot of space to work with to get us ACCCG ready.

Not Sure how right this is.... Itdoesn't really list all the covid year stuff. More how long they've actually been in the program.View attachment 166730
Hedley was part of the Senior night send off so he should be gone. We also don't know Tyrique's status yet. There will also be several that leave after the 15th. My list of possible transfers left:

Reed
Hodges
Redding
Harrell
Worsham

If Tyrique comes back and those listed transfer, we will be at 56 on scholarship. That would give us 29 spots open. 30 if TS leaves.

Advertisement
Hedley was part of the Senior night send off so he should be gone. We also don't know Tyrique's status yet. There will also be several that leave after the 15th. My list of possible transfers left:

Reed
Hodges
Redding
Harrell
Worsham

If Tyrique comes back and those listed transfer, we will be at 56 on scholarship. That would give us 29 spots open. 30 if TS leaves.

Yeah, just wanted to be clear, the Initial Counters (ICs, 25 year year) and Counters (85 at any given semester) need to be in harmony. I think a lot will be sorted out starting in 2 days. Every kid who enters the Portal as of 12/15/21 opens an IC (up to 7) and a Counter.

OK, so I want back and reviewed the Nelson "Axel" Foley threads, and this is what I BELIEVE to be the case.

We gave Foley financial aid in Fall 2021 AND played him in an actual game. Because the "replacement IC" rule doesn't kick in for two more days, I think it is safe to assume that we had to "blueshirt" Foley and count him against the 25 for the 2021-2022 school year.

As such, we have 22 ICs plus AS MANY AS 7 replacement ICs. I have no idea how Manny would justify "32 ICs" to hand out, but who knows.

The three Fall 2021 blueshirts (who "should have" been coming in under the 2020-2021 cycle, but for the 25 IC limitation, thus they have to count against the 2021-2022 cycle) would be Justice, Cody, and Nelson.

Advertisement
Back